Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 27 Aug 2014, 15:00
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
How to boot Puppy from USB in a Macbook Pro?
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
HiDeHo

PostPosted: Tue 16 Apr 2013, 12:31    Post subject:  How to boot Puppy from USB in a Macbook Pro?  

I found this version of precise puppy called canbike. click here

There is also a tutorial on how to boot puppy on a macbook computer click here. the only thing missing is actually how to install puppy to the usb. specifically how to install puppy to boot using the rEFInd bootloader on a macbook.

I already have a puppy linux usb hdd that has several puppy versions on it. it has one small fat32 partition for grub4dos bootloader and the rest is ext3 or ext4 for puppy frugal installs.
currently as i understand things rEFInd does not boot from grub4dos. so I cant boot my puppy os' on my macbook pro.

has anyone else done this. and able to advise how to do this.
perhaps i need to setup the grub bootloader. or even syslinux and it might boot. that would be a shame as i love grub4dos as it is the only bootloader that by default auto-detects frugal puppy installs and boots from them.

I cant find a way to contact the dev of Puppy Can Bike 5.4.3 and there are no posts in the puppy forums, or any other, about the os either.

so if anyone has some ideas as to what i could try. it would be a great help. thanks.

I have another related post about other issues i am having after i did get puppy working. click here

bones01

PostPosted: Sun 26 May 2013, 04:33    Post subject:
Subject description: This might help

HiDeHo,

I came across this earlier today so it might help. http://www.computerbastard.com/?is_uppsite=1#full/name/usbmac-puppy

If your current problem is installing puppy to a USB generally, check the Wiki pages. I think there's something there.

Bones
notnormal

PostPosted: Mon 03 Jun 2013, 17:08    Post subject: Re: How to boot Puppy from USB in a Macbook Pro?  

HiDeHo wrote:
There is also a tutorial on how to boot puppy on a macbook computer click here. the only thing missing is actually how to install puppy to the usb. specifically how to install puppy to boot using the rEFInd bootloader on a macbook.

I believe it's a standard puppy install via live-CD onto a USB drive. http://bit.ly/14pAqUe
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Jump to: