How to burn your encrypted pupsave with your cd/dvd

How to do things, solutions, recipes, tutorials
watchdog

How to burn your encrypted pupsave with your cd/dvd

#1 Post by watchdog »

Mount the iso of your cd by clicking on it. Select all and copy in a ISO directory in /mnt/home for example. I'll say /mnt/home/ISO as working directory. Copy in that directory any sfs file you use at bootup and the encrypted pupsave.2fs (it could even be a pupsave.3fs not encrypted but attention to privacy!). Open a terminal:

Code: Select all

cd /mnt/home
mkisofs -D -R -o custompuppy.iso -b isolinux.bin -c boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table ISO
Burn the custompuppy.iso. On another pc for example boot the dvd/cd with "puppy pfix=ram" option and copy from dvd/cd the pupsave and sfs files on root directory of the hd partition of your choice. Reboot without "puppy pfix=ram" option and choose to load the pupsave on hd. Do not load the pupsave on dvd/cd: if not-multisession it can't be rewritten. I found the command: thanks to "octave" of italianpuppy forum.

Karl Godt

#2 Post by Karl Godt »

Likey "octave" might have the code line from

/usr/sbin/remasterpup2 script :

mkisofs -D -R -quiet $BOOTPARM -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table $WKGMNTPT/puppylivecdbuild/

OR

mkisofs -J -D -R $VOLI -o $WKGMNTPT/custom-puppy.iso $BOOTPARM -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table $WKGMNTPT/puppylivecdbuild/

Ted Dog

#3 Post by Ted Dog »

If you are burning to dvd you can skip making an iso-file and go straight to burn.

I've posted that method over and over, search for growisofs on the forum and you can use the like method of just appending to an existing burned disc check the multisession sub forum for all the tips, tricks and wild stuff people have made an optical disc perform. :D