Adventures with Pysol

Using applications, configuring, problems
wmichaelb

Adventures with Pysol

#1 Post by wmichaelb »

I've been trying to install Pysolfc on Macpup 5.28. On the package manager, I find pysolfc_2.0, click on it, and then on "examine dependencies". I get a long list, click on "Download and install selected packages." I get an error message with each and every package:

Error, faulty download of (whichever package)

. So I do a search and find:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 58&t=25539

and download and install tck-8.5.6.pet and PySolFC-2.0-i486.pet. I go to Applications/Fun, and find two instances:

Pysol Fan Club Edition
PySolFC

But neither of these will run when I click on them, on either Enlightenment or JWM. I go back to the package manager, and uninstall pysolfc, and I'm now down to just Pysol Fan Club Edition; but that still won't run.

Is there any way to fix all of this and get the software running?
Thanks in advance.
-> Michael B. in Cincinnati - multiple systems including but not limited to Ubuntu, Puppy, Mandriva, PC-BSD, Elive, OSX, MS-DOS, a number of HP calculators, an abacus on my desk, and (unfortunately) XP & Win7.

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Hi Michael- did you grab the python pkg? Were the Pysol deps the only ones where pacman failed?

I think I'd try pacman again as there may have been server trouble.. always a consideration.

wmichaelb

Adventures with Pysol

#3 Post by wmichaelb »

Yes, I installed Python. Still couldn't get Pysolfc to run.

I had problems tonight trying to download Evince as well. When I checked the URL's, I got an error message for each that ended with:

Length: unspecified [text/html]
Remote file exists and could contain further links,
but recursion is disabled -- not retrieving.

And then got the same error message as before. This was true for all the mirrors, not just one. ????

Semme

#4 Post by Semme »

Give this a whirl- it may address your problem. I have a 5.2.8 *instant update* svc pak which could help as well..

muggins

#5 Post by muggins »

I think it's a python problem. In the thread, you linked above, this Python version will definitely work with the PySolFC I uploaded.

(You will probably need to run the package manager & uninstall the other python & pysol you installed)

PySolFC