D-Link wireless adapter

Configuration wizards, scanners, remote desktop, etc.
Marcel

D-Link wireless adapter

#1 Post by Marcel »

I just posted the message below to Users forum - just realised it should be here:

I'm desperate! Frugal-installed Lucid Puppy 528 can't see the D-Link DWA125 wireless adapter. I checked the web to see if there was a linux driver for it - but no luck. I also tried the drivers listed in the network wizard.
Before, I had a Netcomm adapter that worked OK using ndiswrapper, (until it conked out!), but ndiswrapper seems unable to use the Windows XP D-Link driver.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rerwin

#2 Post by rerwin »

Marcel,
Thanks for posting your request. I consider myself to be a maintainer of lucid pup 528, so am interested in resolving your driver problem, as a possible update to lupuplus. There are 2 linux drivers available, at least one of which should work for you. They were omitted from lupuplus due to the complexity of interaction/interference among several drivers for the same device types.

I would like you to try both drivers on lupuplus 528, but as separate installs because they might conflict if installed together. The result of your testing might be my integration of these drivers into lupuplus via an upgrade pet package.

The preferred driver would be this, if it works for you:
rt3370sta-v2.4.0.1-k2.6.33.2.pet
at http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 085#481085
(Ignore the other 2 drivers there, because they are already part of lupuplus.)

If that is unsuccessful, uninstall it, then install the older driver:
rt3070sta-v2.3.0.1-k2.6.33.2.pet
at http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 360#513360

Please report back what happens. If you succeed, I hope you will consider assisting me while I integrate the drivers into an upgrade package, by testing the end product.
Richard

Regarding
I just posted the message below to Users forum - just realised it should be here:
I think the Users forum is the best place to post a request for assistance, because more people look there. The "Additional Software" forum is for solutions, so that people can find them without having to ask. R

tempestuous

#3 Post by tempestuous »

The D-Link DWA-125 has been discussed on this forum as far back as May 2011 -
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 726#521726
and since the kernel under discussion in that thread is the same as in Marcel's Lucid Puppy 528, the rt3070sta driver discussed there is compatible ... assuming Marcel's USB device ID is the same.

... however, any attempt to configure ndiswrapper will most likely have the startup scripts load the ndiswrapper kernel module - and this will conflict with the Linux (rt3070sta) driver.
ndiswrapper must be uninstalled, or failing that, a fresh installation of Lucid 528 will be required.