HTML editor for Slacko-based Lxpup?

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
natgab

HTML editor for Slacko-based Lxpup?

#1 Post by natgab »

I usually work on websites using Dreamweaver on OS X. But I use Lxpup on my Thinkpad and it would be nice to have something to do quick edits and to try making a website using a different HTML editor. I wanted to know what you guys use or recommend that works in Slacko.

I looked in the PPM (Slackware 14 / Slacko 14) for Lxpup 13.01, but did not see Kompozer. I am going to try SeaMonkey 2.12 which is on my PPM but would appreciate any suggestions or recommendations.
[b]Thinkpad T43[/b] / Pentium M 1.86Ghz / 2.0GB RAM / 100GB HD / 1024 x 768 XGA / Intel 915GM Video / Intel 8280FB Audio / Atheros AR5212 WIFI / DVD-CDRW-ROM / Ubuntu MATE 15.04 / LxPupTahr15.05

01micko

#2 Post by 01micko »

kompozer and blue-griffon are both in the repo under "Document" for Slacko.
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

As you seem to know, SeaMonkey comes with an HTML editor (unless whoever made the .pet stripped it out.) It seemed adequate, but it's the only HTML editor I've ever used so I can't compare it.

natgab

#4 Post by natgab »

01micko wrote:kompozer and blue-griffon are both in the repo under "Document" for Slacko.
--Found them! :D I was looking under internet and didn't think of looking under document / publishing. Found an old version of one of my websites and will see which one of the three I prefer.

I noticed that blue-griffon 1.52 is still beta and some of the buttons send you to the paid add-ons webpage. (CSS button actually crashed)

kompozer has CSS built-in, but I kinda liked SeaMonkey and blue-griffon's different views a bit better.

Maybe I can narrow it down to 2 out of 3 just so they don't take up so much space. I will test them out on the weekend and see what quirks I notice.
Flash wrote:As you seem to know, SeaMonkey comes with an HTML editor (unless whoever made the .pet stripped it out.) It seemed adequate, but it's the only HTML editor I've ever used so I can't compare it.
---Yeah, I checked to make sure I got a full version. I know its used alot as a smaller Firefox on many puppies.
[b]Thinkpad T43[/b] / Pentium M 1.86Ghz / 2.0GB RAM / 100GB HD / 1024 x 768 XGA / Intel 915GM Video / Intel 8280FB Audio / Atheros AR5212 WIFI / DVD-CDRW-ROM / Ubuntu MATE 15.04 / LxPupTahr15.05

L18L

#5 Post by L18L »

natgab wrote:...I noticed that blue-griffon 1.52 is still beta ...
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=85733 is 1.6.2

quickest editor (for small changes) is geany. :D