Cheap Android machine for Puppy?

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
prehistoric

Cheap Android machine for Puppy?

#1 Post by prehistoric »

Just got email from eBay about this cheap machine. Is this reasonable for Puppy on ARM? What about other hardware hacking?

Ted Dog

#2 Post by Ted Dog »

There is another item found in newegg 20 dollars cheaper, and already in the hands of a master puppy builder. Search for my username to locate thread. Sorry i'm posting from a ARM device running android and haven't mastered cutpaste.

headfound

#3 Post by headfound »

there are similar things on amazon but with more ram (which it probably needs to run decently) and android 4 -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Netbook-Android ... omputers_0
Download a better Computer :)
[url=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rDTLJYDHX3g]Puppy Linux Song[/url]
[url=http://www.letterbyletter.co.uk]www.letterbyletter.co.uk[/url]

prehistoric

#4 Post by prehistoric »

This is the item Ted Dog refers to: refurbished Craig Netbook. (And why won't anyone sell one that is simply furbished?)

I'll agree that more RAM, and faster dual-core processors, are preferable. I'm less concerned about the Android version, since this would be replaced. I have a Rikomagic MK802 IIIs now, which I've plugged into a friend's massive plasma screen TV, (enabling him to play Angry Birds.) There's always a question of where you stop, short of a quad-core with a Retina display like Apple.

What I had noticed was that many wireless keyboard/mouse or touchpad combinations large enough for touch typing tended to cost about the same as obsolete machines which could run an Android app making it an input device, as well as having some stand-alone capabilities.

My current solution is an Asus eee wireless keyboard/mouse I got for an eee pc. (I just noticed that Star Surplus has a sale on these with non-US keyboards, for those who need Belgian, Swedish, German, Turkish, Thai, Slovak, etc. I'm hoping a friend to whom I recommended this got one with QWERTY keys.) I'm still trying to get my Bluetooth keyboard/touchpad to pair with the Rikomagic MK802 IIIs on start up. At present it needs a pointing device plugged into the USB port to allow me to set up a Bluetooth device, which sort of defeats the purpose.

Ted Dog

#5 Post by Ted Dog »

Well my el-cheap0 Craig refurb has been delivered, can't wait to get home to play with it. Hope my new calf (part longhorn) does not chew up the box, she likes cardboard..
She is a really cute calf mocha colored with a perfect white heart shaped patch on forehead. Might signup with a new name, like cow dog, to show her face.. :wink: