Puppeee 4.4 revisited

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
rhadon

#101 Post by rhadon »

Good idea, to tell Mike how to find out the name of the save file, instead of telling him to take care of what he choosed by building it :oops: . Thanks for stepping in :D .

But your kind of crystal bowl doesn't tell him the size :shock: and using

Code: Select all

ls -l /path_of_file/name_of_file | cut -f 5 -d " "
example of path: /mnt/home/puppee/

or

stat -c%s /path_of_file/name_of_file
may be confusing because e.g. 512MB are 536870912 bytes :wink: .

Another way: open file manager, navigate to the save file, right click->properties.

Cheers
Rolf

EDit: @Mike, '/mnt/home' always represents the drive/partition you booted from, in your case your pen drive.
Ich verwende "frugal", und das ist gut so. :wink:
Raspberry Pi without Puppy? No, thanks.

rhadon

#102 Post by rhadon »

@Mike7

I just saw your other thread. Posting the same Questions in 2 different threads isn't a good way. You shouldn't do that.

Rolf

rokytnji

Dug out old 4 gig SD card

#103 Post by rokytnji »

This install is probably over a couple of years old now. I run AntiiX on the internal
ssd drives on this

inxi -F -z
System:    Host: puppypc Kernel: 2.6.33.2celeron i686 (32 bit) 
           Desktop: IceWM 1.3.6 Distro: Puppeee Linux Linux 2.6.33.2celeron [ arch]
Machine:   System: ASUSTeK (portable) product: 900 version: 0405
           Mobo: ASUSTeK model: 900 Bios: American Megatrends version: 0601 rv 8.12 date: 05/26/2008
CPU:       Single core Intel Celeron M (-UP-) cache: 512 KB flags: (nx pae sse sse2) clocked at 900.015 MHz 
Graphics:  Card: Failed to Detect Video Card! X.org: 1.7.1 driver: intel tty size: 80x24 Advanced Data: N/A for root 
Audio:     Card: HDA Intel driver: HDA-Intel Sound: ALSA ver: 1.0.21
Network:   Card: Failed to Detect Network Card! 
Drives:    HDD Total Size: (24.1GB,9.4% used) () 1: id: /dev/sda model: ASUS size: 4.0GB 
           2: id: /dev/sdb model: ASUS size: 16.1GB 3: id: /dev/sdc model: CardReader_SD0 size: 4.0GB 
Partition: 
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 55.0C mobo: N/A 
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: 1364 
Info:      Processes: 94 Uptime: 25 min Memory: 176.3/2006.7MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 1.8.45 
cat /etc/puppyversion
431[
In all that time. I have not worn out this 4gig Sandisk type4 card with save files or
any other abuse. I keep this card as my swiss army knife wrench for fixing
any breakage on this netbook with debian testing. I have pretty much installed the Out house sink on this card and it has never failed yet. Even with the new wireless router with wpa2 encrypted password. I just fired up this card to post this. That is all. Happy Trails, Rok

Edit: just noticed the clock was off by 4 hours. Took a few seconds to fix. :wink:
Attachments
puppeee 4.4 alove story.png
(154.91 KiB) Downloaded 710 times

Arefacti

French pack language

#104 Post by Arefacti »

Hello,

does anyone know where I could find the French language pack please ?
A version 5 pet don't work.
Thanks

rhadon

#105 Post by rhadon »

@Arefacti

Are you sure there is one?
I can't remember to read about any language pack for Puppeee and I don't think that internationalisation was on her focus when Jemimah had built Puppeee.

Sorry,
Rolf

Arefacti

#106 Post by Arefacti »

pupeee is build with puppy, so perhaps the internationalisation of this puppy works..that was an idea..

Edit : I see here http://www.ibiblio.org/gsearch/?cx=0063 ... Search#599 :

"Puppeee is a remaster of Puppy 4.3.1, optimised to run on the EeePC netbook"

Arefacti

thanks !

#107 Post by Arefacti »

I got it, Thanks !

Mike7

#108 Post by Mike7 »

Hi, all.

I don't know if anyone will read this post on an old thread, but I just wanted to thank everyone who helped me here back in March, 2013.

I had to stop working on Puppy because of chronic health issues, so I didn't really have a chance to do that back then.

I'm still happily using Puppeee4.4, thanks to all the generous people in this forum.

I apologize to everyone if I made a pain of myself and if I lost my temper a little. I'm not a bad guy, just getting old, a little ill, and maybe my brain isn't working as good as it used to be. But I haven't given up.

Cheers to all!

Mike