Openbox+Extras 1.1.2 (2013-03-01)

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
vicmz

Re: Openbox+Extras 1.1 (2013-02-06)

#21 Post by vicmz »

L18L wrote:why does CTRL-Alt-BACKSPACE not work ?
Sorry, I wasn't able to reproduce the bug, Ctrl-Alt-Backspace works for me in Precise (I assume you're using Precise or a Precise-based derivative because of the speaker icon -- Tint2 doesn't work in Wary/Racy and Slacko doesn't have that speaker icon design). Could you give more details?
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=76948]Puppy Linux en español[/url]

L18L

#22 Post by L18L »

vicmz wrote:
L18L wrote:Where is my sda1 icon ? :roll:
:D
I'm sorry, the Tint2 panel does hide an icon, which for most users happens to be the floppy drive icon -- no one uses it, and few people remove it from the Event Manager. But, you can change the panel to bottom position from the Menu > Desktop > Tint2 configuration, then you will be able to see all drive icons above the panel..
Now I see that it not only sda1 icon but also
file
write
browse

These could automatically be moved to right! Right :?:

--------

CTRL-Alt-BACKSPACE

I am using precise 5.4.3

vicmz

#23 Post by vicmz »

L18L wrote: Now I see that it not only sda1 icon but also
file
write
browse

--------

CTRL-Alt-BACKSPACE

I am using precise 5.4.3
Do you mean you can't see the panel launchers, you want to move the panel vertically to the right of the screen, or you want to move the launchers to the right of the panel?

I'm using Precise 5.4.3, too. Ctrl+Alt+Backspace works for me. I wonder what's wrong?
Last edited by vicmz on Thu 07 Feb 2013, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=76948]Puppy Linux en español[/url]

vicmz

#24 Post by vicmz »

The Tint2 configuration file is /root/.config/tint2/tint2rc, if at line 49 you set this value:
panel_position = top center horizontal
and restart X, the panel moves to the top of the screen, making all drive icons visible. I tried to move the panel to the right but I got a broken left panel instead. I'll ask nilsonmorales and josejp2424 how to include top and right position options.

josejp2424

#25 Post by josejp2424 »

las configuraciones están en , /root/.config/tint2
para poner la barra arriba .

para poner la barra arriba

tint2rc

Code: Select all

#---------------------------------------------
# PANEL
panel_position = top center
panel a la izquierda .

# PANEL
panel_position = right top vertical
vicmz traducelo amigo.

vicmz

#26 Post by vicmz »

josejp2424 wrote:the configurations are in /root/.config/tint2

to put the bar to the top

tint2rc

# PANEL
panel_position = top center
panel to the left (you mean to the right, don't you? - quieres decir a la derecha, no?).

# PANEL
panel_position = right top vertical
It's what I explained above. The only position that doesn't work is Right, after applying the panel stays on the left and becomes ugly. Else work well.

Es lo que expliqué arriba. La única posición que no funciona es la Derecha, después de aplicar el panel queda a la izquierda y se pone feo. Las demás funcionan bien.

L18L

#27 Post by L18L »

vicmz wrote:
file
write
browse

--------

CTRL-Alt-BACKSPACE

I am using precise 5.4.3
Do you mean you can't see the panel launchers, you want to move the panel vertically to the right of the screen, or you want to move the launchers to the right of the panel?
add width of new panel to every x in $HOME/Choices/ROX-Filer/PuppyPin

vicmz

#28 Post by vicmz »

L18L wrote: add width of new panel to every x in $HOME/Choices/ROX-Filer/PuppyPin
I edited PuppyPin so that the drive icons start at 96, then restarted X. Back to the desktop, the floppy disk icon was missing, and the sda icon behind the panel. I'll keep testing.

L18L

#29 Post by L18L »

L18L wrote:
vicmz wrote:
file
write
browse

--------

CTRL-Alt-BACKSPACE

I am using precise 5.4.3
add width of new panel to every x in $HOME/Choices/ROX-Filer/PuppyPin
Using this script I have moved the icons to right

# PuppyPin.sh 50
(back with -)

Have fun
/root/my-applications/bin/PuppyPin.sh wrote:#!/bin/sh
# move icons on desktop
# 2013-02-09
#

PIN=$HOME/Choices/ROX-Filer/PuppyPin

check_input(){
N="$1"
if [ "${N:0:1}" = "-" ]; then
AMOUNT=${N:1}
DIR='left'
else
[ "${N:0:1}" = "+" ] && N=${N:1}
AMOUNT=${N}
DIR='right'
fi
case $AMOUNT in
*[!0-9]* | "") IS_INTEGER=false ;;
*) IS_INTEGER=true ;;
esac
}

check_input $1

while [ $IS_INTEGER = false ]; do
read -p "Enter pixels to move [ex: -56] : "
check_input $REPLY
done

echo move icons $AMOUNT pixels to $DIR, but please not outside of screen!

RES=`xrandr 2>/dev/null| grep '*' | awk '{print $1}'` # resolution
RESx=${RES%%x*}; RESy=${RES#*x} # echo RESx=$RESx RESy=$RESy

mv $PIN $PIN.backup
while read LINE; do #ex:<icon x="416" y="32" label="console">/usr/bin/urxvt</icon>
case $LINE in
*icon\ x*)
x_old=`echo $LINE | cut -d'"' -f2`
case $DIR in
right) x_new=$(( $x_old + $AMOUNT )); [[ $x_new -ge $RESx ]] && x_new=$x_old ;;
left) x_new=$(( $x_old - $AMOUNT )); [[ $x_new -le 0 ]] && x_new=$x_old ;;
esac
[ $x_new -ne $x_old ] && LINE=`echo $LINE | sed -r "s#icon x="$x_old#icon x="$x_new#"`
;;
*) # nothing to change
;;
esac
echo $LINE >> $PIN
done < $PIN.backup
rox --pinboard=$PIN # refresh
Attachments
icons_moved_X.png
(70.21 KiB) Downloaded 964 times

Tote

#30 Post by Tote »

vicmz, thank you for this! Downloaded the fat pet version, using LX panel, working well on Wary5.2.2. Problem free at this stage.

vicmz

#31 Post by vicmz »

Tote wrote:vicmz, thank you for this! Downloaded the fat pet version, using LX panel, working well on Wary5.2.2. Problem free at this stage.
That's good news! :D

Remember you can customize the panel by right-clicking it then choosing Panel Configuration. In the Appearance tab you can choose between apply the current GTK theme, apply a solid colour with opacity (set opacity to zero for a transparent panel), and apply a background image (for this one you'll have to set the panel height to fit the background.png because the latter has a lower height).

You can also right-click the panel then select Create New Panel, put the new panel opposite the taskbar, add the Application Tray plugin and put your favourite programs, the new panel will act as a dock (see the screen captures in the first post).

Tote

#32 Post by Tote »

Yes, thank-you, this is just what I wanted. I've been making changes, trying things out. Just what my Wary install needed to spruce it up. :D

Thanks again!

josejp2424

#33 Post by josejp2424 »

anda muy bien el script de L18L .

darkcity

#34 Post by darkcity »

Thanks for packaging this, great to see good Openbox support on Puppy.

Added to Wiki
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/OpenBoxExtra

vicmz

#35 Post by vicmz »

new version 1.1.2
lxpanel bug fixed by 01micko (lxpanelctl breaks the panel when reloading in transparent mode).

I was unable to update the fat version, still no broadband spot available for me. Downloading or uploading files heavier than 10 MB overheats the battery of my phone and is a difficult task on a very slow connection.
darkcity wrote:Added to Wiki

jpeps

#36 Post by jpeps »

vicmz wrote:
BTW, for Wary 5.3 Tint2 requires libjpeg.so.8 to work, the libjpeg.pet from the Wary repo doesn't solve this. I haven't found a suitable package yet (all I find is 64bit packages, I need a 32bit one). Meanwhile, for Wary/Racy users Lxpanel is recommended.
Here's one from debian; I don't know if it will work.
Attachments
libjpeg-8d.pet
(108.55 KiB) Downloaded 598 times

vicmz

#37 Post by vicmz »

jpeps wrote:
vicmz wrote:
BTW, for Wary 5.3 Tint2 requires libjpeg.so.8 to work, the libjpeg.pet from the Wary repo doesn't solve this. I haven't found a suitable package yet (all I find is 64bit packages, I need a 32bit one). Meanwhile, for Wary/Racy users Lxpanel is recommended.
Here's one from debian; I don't know if it will work.
Thanks, jpeps. :D
I wasn't able to test yet, but I'll do it and report ASAP.

natgab

Two Lxpanels?

#38 Post by natgab »

Hi vicmz,

I use Jejy69"s Lxpup Slacko 13 (LXDE / KDE).and was wondering could I add your Openbox PET but skip the Lxpanel? This puppy has its own LXDE/MATE/KDE/XFCE panel built-in. Or is it better to load your Openbox PET on a seperate Slacko save file?

Does the Openbox work with well with another file manager besides ROX?
--
Ahora en Español para que todos entiendan. :D

Se puede agregar tu PET de Openbox a Lxpup Slacko 13 (LXDE/KDE) de Jely69 sin el Lxpanel? Ese Puppy ya tiene uno con LXDE/MATE/KDE/XFCE integrado. O es mejor hacer un SFS seperado con solo tu Openbox?

Trabja bien el Openbox con otro file system aparte de ROX?

Saludos!
[b]Thinkpad T43[/b] / Pentium M 1.86Ghz / 2.0GB RAM / 100GB HD / 1024 x 768 XGA / Intel 915GM Video / Intel 8280FB Audio / Atheros AR5212 WIFI / DVD-CDRW-ROM / Ubuntu MATE 15.04 / LxPupTahr15.05

vicmz

#39 Post by vicmz »

Hola natgab :D
Qué bonito escribes en español :D

file manager = gestor de archivos
file system = sistema de archivos

The first thing you get when you install openbox_plus_extras.pet is the Panel Chooser, if you already have a panel installed you can simply click the 'close' button and continue, or if you have a pet for a panel that is not included in the package, you can install that pet then click on 'close' and continue.

natgab

#40 Post by natgab »

vicmz wrote:Hola natgab :D
Qué bonito escribes en español :D

file manager = gestor de archivos
file system = sistema de archivos
---Gracias, mis maestros de primaria van a estar contentos. Soy bilingüe, aunque ahora uso ingles en la vida diaria y el español solo en casa o para ver telenovelas. :oops:
vicmz wrote: The first thing you get when you install openbox_plus_extras.pet is the Panel Chooser, if you already have a panel installed you can simply click the 'close' button and continue, or if you have a pet for a panel that is not included in the package, you can install that pet then click on 'close' and continue.
---Sounds good. I will try it out on a back up of my system. Would be great to get it working in my current system. Though I think I'm going to have to " fatten up " my save file if I add another file system. KDE alone takes up as much as Slacko :lol:

I will post back results on how it went.
[b]Thinkpad T43[/b] / Pentium M 1.86Ghz / 2.0GB RAM / 100GB HD / 1024 x 768 XGA / Intel 915GM Video / Intel 8280FB Audio / Atheros AR5212 WIFI / DVD-CDRW-ROM / Ubuntu MATE 15.04 / LxPupTahr15.05