Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 18 Dec 2014, 15:33
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
VSP Puppies
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 2 of 2 [21 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
the last saviour

PostPosted: Sun 20 Jan 2013, 06:16    Post subject:  

My Gods! you still have another puplet.
I'm not guarantee to make any report of this one. Sad

7 giant UFOs, ~10 km long. will perform the next Exodus at the top major cities. No disc type, but funny design which can make U smile or laugh.
RSH

PostPosted: Mon 21 Jan 2013, 02:11    Post subject:  

the last saviour wrote:
My Gods! you still have another puplet.
I'm not guarantee to make any report of this one. Sad

Yes, and I do have some more (unfinished working stage). The Idea on this is explained at the first post. Short story: I want to rescue the main LazY Puppy features for newer Puppies (if needed someday to have newer hardware and the LazY Puppy would not run any longer).

I did started this with 38 .pet files to install and then editing a lot of stuff manually. By now I'm down to 7 .pet files, most of manually edited stuff is now executed by the pinstall scripts of the 7 .pet files - like the openbox desktops, its Keyboard shortcuts, new menu category etc.pp. Actually I do have to edit only the desktop entries of the openbox menu (rename to German and/or English language) and to insert the new menu category into the fbpanel.

I hope that I can reach a state of just installing a single .pet file and the OS would remaster itself after this - one day...

That would be cool!

the last saviour

PostPosted: Sat 02 Feb 2013, 05:26    Post subject:  

Lieber Herr RSH;
Perhaps I make you misunderstand. Let me explain.
I have seen a lot of your works (mostly scripts) and your postings in this forum. I guess that those postings make you stay online many hours per day. Those scripts, sfs files, bug fixes make you works many hours a day. Compare to other developers who have released many Puppies, you are among the top contributors of this forum even with only one Puppy. And if you're going to release another Puppy I should range you #1 developer.
Though I experience about 10 Puppies now, due to my occupation which limits me to do others, I only select to post the one that meet my criteria. So I'm not sure to test VSP. Anyway I try.555555555555

- -After booting was completed it showed Openbox error.
- -The Personal Setting of VSP is the same with LP2.0.2-0.0.5 but different from Osiris which has US keyboard as default. I found many Puppies use another GUI which complete Country listing. It's faster and reduces the number of clicking.
- - All links in Wbar are missing except the closed button.
- - WM switching does not work, I had to switch manually.
- - Many beautiful wallpapers, but why the sea is Soldier............? And Nathan has no bug. But LP2.05 still get it.

Some idea, will it be better if someone clicks pet file, it will not ask to choose Making SFS File or install? The user can make the pet file from the menu.
That's all for now, till then.

7 giant UFOs, ~10 km long. will perform the next Exodus at the top major cities. No disc type, but funny design which can make U smile or laugh.
R-S-H

PostPosted: Fri 01 Mar 2013, 02:42    Post subject:  

Cool VSP Puppy - based on Three Headed Dog - Version 03 - 153 MB Cool

# MD5 = 2d714a0233b64cf6377aeee1215f9479
# SHA1 = 5b6aaf845f20f9cb382c3b5292f3454184241904

V(arioMenu) S(FS) P(.L.U.S.) Puppy
Idea

Quote:
After booting was completed it showed Openbox error.

Fixed.

Quote:
All links in Wbar are missing except the closed button.

No, they are not missing. The Icons in Wbar don't run programs. They switch VarioMenu Groups, which means Icon Groups on Desktop.

Try this:

Move some Icons onto Desktop, click another Icon in Wbar, move some Icons onto Desktop, click another Icon in Wbar - then, switch between those two Wbar Icons when you've moved Icons onto Desktop.

How's that? Smile Laughing Cool
the last saviour

PostPosted: Sat 02 Mar 2013, 06:12    Post subject:  

Thank you for your advice.

I will try that with the next release.
Because of my FD capacity limitation, I had already deleted VSP.

R-S-H

PostPosted: Sat 02 Mar 2013, 07:25    Post subject:  

Quote:
I had already deleted VSP

Me too! Laughing
Page 2 of 2 [21 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: