"503 - Service Unavailable" new LHMP / Wary Puppy 5.3 BareB

Booting, installing, newbie
rubantin

"503 - Service Unavailable" new LHMP / Wary Puppy 5.3 BareB

#1 Post by rubantin »

I installed Wary Puppy 5.3 Barbones and then Downloaded & Installed the LAMP-6.16-5.1.35-5.2.9.pet download (Really LHMP). Hiawatha is running and the index.html works great but when I try to open the index.php I get the 503 error.

I am not sure what I did, but I found a thread that said to try and see if the deamons were running (Not sure what one is) and this is the results:

Code: Select all

# ps -ef |grep php 
root     11811 11691  0 11:38 pts/0    00:00:00 grep php
# 
I am a noob so be gentle...lol

Russ

Atle

#2 Post by Atle »

Is this version of LAMP not the oldest one around? I think there is versions of this starting with 7 and 8.

Also, under servers in the forum there is the brand new XAMPP 1.8.1.

I know that did not help, but might be better to run the latest versions of PHP etc?

atle

rubantin

#3 Post by rubantin »

I might be wrong... but I used the previous version of LHMP because my old hardware would only work with Wary Puppy (2.6 Kernel) The new one says it works.tested with 3.0 Kernel.

Help me out here if I am wrng.

Atle

#4 Post by Atle »

Now since its free to try out other puppies once one is installed, i suggest you try out Slacko that can run the Xampp 1.8.1

I think the normal slacko such as slacko-5.4-firefox-4g.iso would run fine on old hardware.

With Puppy you might be able to just use Gparted to make another partition and then simply copy the files from the iso to the clean and new partition, run grub4dos and reboot into the new OS, keeping your old one as well.

I find it very handy to have several versions of Puppy present at the same time, especially Lucid and Slacko as they do not mix up save files etc and they work fine on the same drive, a bit unlike slacko and slacko, as some files can get mixed up.

rubantin

#5 Post by rubantin »

I am working with an old thinclient box that has a VIA processor in it and 512MB of CF CARD space... So, to install another OS would not be a simple task at this point.

Atle

#6 Post by Atle »

It depends... If it works it works:-)

At least Slacko will just fit in the Xampp and you still got plenty of space(puppy plenty that is) left for content on the server.

And just as a temptation Slacko also just got support for Hostapd, so if given the right wlan chip, you go live on the air with your little box:-)

Could be its [ur=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=43285l]WebServerPuppy[/url] your looking for then?

rubantin

#7 Post by rubantin »

Do you have a link to a livecd so I can see if it works?