Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 26 Nov 2014, 01:41
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Misc
Archpup 13.2 info
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Topic_locked View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 5 of 6 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
mavrothal

PostPosted: Mon 11 Feb 2013, 16:11    Post_subject:  

rg66 wrote:
mavrothal wrote:

Just downloaded and tried again. Works file.
Are you running it on Archpup or any other puppy?
It requires to run in Archpup and /usr/share/pacman/PKGBUILD.proto to be present.
I guess I'll put some more checks and warnings

Ya, I'm running it from Archpup with xfce. I copied PKGBUILD.proto to the working directory and same thing. It must be something I'm doing wrong.

I think this is because your file system permissions are all messed up.
Start with "pfix=ram" load devx that is needed for makepkg to run correctly and see if this will work.

rg66

PostPosted: Mon 11 Feb 2013, 17:44    Post_subject:  

mavrothal wrote:

I think this is because your file system permissions are all messed up.
Start with "pfix=ram" load devx that is needed for makepkg to run correctly and see if this will work.

After looking at some previous posts, I'm seeing similar issue as rameshiyer and I think we are both using xfce. It's later here but will dl devx in the morning and try again.

mavrothal

PostPosted: Tue 12 Feb 2013, 00:22    Post_subject:  

rg66 wrote:
It's later here but will dl devx in the morning and try again.

Make sure you get the improved v0.3 version of the script and that you use only the SFSs in the Archpup ISO (till stifiling fixes his SFSs).

666philb

PostPosted: Tue 12 Feb 2013, 17:04    Post_subject:  

are there instructions anywhere on how to get graphic drivers working on archpup?
simargl

PostPosted: Tue 12 Feb 2013, 18:07    Post_subject:  

666philb wrote:
are there instructions anywhere on how to get graphic drivers working on archpup?

If you are interested in nvidia drivers they need to be compiled from source
666philb

PostPosted: Tue 12 Feb 2013, 20:09    Post_subject:  

hi simargl,

i found the dev.sfs and kernel sources after posting.... the nvidia driver compiled ok, but on restarting i found i had lost mouse and keyboard..... guess i need to edit xorg.conf?

stifiling

PostPosted: Wed 13 Feb 2013, 07:44    Post_subject:  

mavrothal,

you wouldn't want the filemnt script to use 'notify-send' rather than yaf-splash?
mavrothal

PostPosted: Wed 13 Feb 2013, 08:56    Post_subject:  

As far as I am concerned, this thread is closed.
stifiling

PostPosted: Wed 13 Feb 2013, 09:13    Post_subject:  

wow.........ok.
rg66

PostPosted: Wed 13 Feb 2013, 09:25    Post_subject:  

mavrothal wrote:
As far as I am concerned, this thread is closed.

Ok, I guess there where too many threads for Archpup anyway. Although, this one was the most helpful in my opinion. By the way, what happened to the packages you had put up for dl?

01micko

PostPosted: Wed 13 Feb 2013, 10:36    Post_subject:  

Oh dear, I feared this may happen.

Lots of over zealousness about a decent "idea".

Some points to consider, and sorry mavrothal, whom I have had many dealings with and I consider a well respected member of this community, for the thread hijack.

What has recently been refered to as "Archpup" is not, by definition of a puppy, this is the first Archpup. and I could post many other links. (What defines a distro?)

@ simargl or whatever your handle will be in the coming.. I hope you have a thick skin.

Please restrict your murga-linux activity to the "puplets" thread. What you have created, by all accounts, is truly brilliant, but it's not Puppy, it's not a new idea, big_bass did it with slackware>>Slaxer_pup/TXZ_pup years ago as have others... Sickgut has done a brilliant job with Pussy (debian/apt based), at least 2 years old by now. Jemimah has oozed brilliance in many forms (puppeee, Fluppy, Saluki)and had took it upon herself to create her own community out of shear will and respect, leaving only one or two threads here over several years (distro specific) and giving back by sharing relevant work (pwireless2/frisbee) . These guys didn't start way too many threads and still have loyal following.

There is nothing wrong with forking in an open source world.. However, pay respect where and when it's due.

Cheers.

Disclaimer: I have NO authority at murga-linux. The mods are Flash, pizzasgood, Ian, MU, Lobster, ttuuxxx and a few others. If you have a problem with my bluntness take it up with them.

simargl

PostPosted: Wed 13 Feb 2013, 10:46    Post_subject:  

So, now you have found "excuse" to express your opinion, I guess you have some personal
"not-liking" related to me and that's why you never commented anything before.
This thread is created by mavrothal, xfce version by stifiling, I only start new discussion after
new release has been made.
If that deserves such a comment then fine, if admin wants to ban me I would leave gladly.

PS: Never thought so much hate would appear in the open source world...
rcrsn51

PostPosted: Wed 13 Feb 2013, 11:07    Post_subject:  

simargl wrote:
Never thought so much hate would appear in the open source world...

Considering your comment here, what were you expecting?

You are using the resources of the Puppy community for your personal project, while dismissing its work. I can't imagine that any other open source project would tolerate that.
simargl

PostPosted: Wed 13 Feb 2013, 11:27    Post_subject:  

But I am giving it back to the Puppy community, right? you talk like I constantly steal something from you, and
you're mad with a good reason.
When you go to archpup home page, it's written "this distribution is based on Puppy Linux", what else should I add
there, to make you happy.

It is not standard Puppy because it's not built by using woof, but it has everything that makes Puppy Linux the best
OS in this world, plus something more.
Do you really think, making Puppy Linux fully compatible with pacman is easy task, cause believe me it's not. Yet, I
nowhere insist to promote those tools and scripts, especially not to turn them into religion, if you know what I mean.
stifiling

PostPosted: Wed 13 Feb 2013, 11:31    Post_subject:  

simargl wrote:
So, now you have found "excuse" to express your opinion, I guess you have some personal
"not-liking" related to me and that's why you never commented anything before.
This thread is created by mavrothal, xfce version by stifiling, I only start new discussion after
new release has been made.
If that deserves such a comment then fine, if admin wants to ban me I would leave gladly.

I must agree, i was expecting to see these guys a long time ago. It's apparent, they're watching closely. to give a response an hr after BS is taking place....illustrates that. jus wondering why no "Hi Fives!!" or "Good Jobs"...a long time ago. only crap....a long time later.

simargl wrote:
PS: Never thought so much hate would appear in the open source world...

is it player hate? also known as....envy?? that's usually what it is when someone's watching you and only thing they have to say to you, is something foul.
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 5 of 6 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Post_new_topic   Topic_locked View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Misc
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum