Lucid Puppy no longer auto connects

Booting, installing, newbie
tytower

#21 Post by tytower »

Yes 2 Semme -I had it backed up so copied it back to fix it.will try again when I feel courageous

Paul I too use a Dell but Desktop Optiplex 740 and 745 - I bought 6 of them for less than $100 each Malaysian I think .

Do you know which key is responsible? I too have a lot of wierd keys but I tried them all without effect
However I have no knowledge of Windows or Keyboard keys so I must bow out and wish you the best luck sorting it. See u along the way I hope.

Paul Earland

#22 Post by Paul Earland »

Hello. On my computer the key that swiches the wireless mode On and Off is the F2 button, although you dont have to use the function (Fn) key to use it. Has a little picture on the key, which I believe is of an Aerial mast, if you use a bit of immagination! This only works under Windows. I think to use under Linux, you need to input another (or more than) key with the Wireless key to use it. Paul

Semme

#23 Post by Semme »

I'll bet this happens because Pup's confused, not as you say. Someone *might* need blacklisting..

If you had taken the time to go through that earlier link I left, you'd be determining this yourself.
One of my keyboard keys switches my wireless card On and Off. What would appear to be happening under my Lucid start up is that somehow that is also switching off my my wireless card, so that I am left with no wireless connectivity.

Paul Earland

#24 Post by Paul Earland »

Thanks all for trying to help. Might have to give up on Puppy for the time being. Might try again when and if any new downloads become availlable for Lucid. Dont ask for much, just want a stable wireless/internet connection to look at my emails and check Google out, the ability to write a letter and print it out and the ability to download photos and print them out. Thats about it. Thats why i was coming back to Linux, Windows just has too many options and takes too long to start up each day! Paul