Some partition-ey questions

Using applications, configuring, problems
JamesTheAwesomeDude

Some partition-ey questions

#1 Post by JamesTheAwesomeDude »

I was just wondering whether it would be possible to have a 4GB flash drive, create a 256 MB FAT partition, which you would fill with the system boot files, and then devote the rest of it to an encrypted ext2 partition, which would serve in place of a save file. There's not much practical use for this, nor any real reason, but part of the fun in Linux is doing something just because you *can*. :mrgreen:

My other question is is it possible to mount my Heavily encrypted savefile in another linux computer? I've tried "mount -t ext2 lupusave_crypta-james.2fs /mnt", but that doesn't work:

Code: Select all

james@james-OptiPlex-GX620:/media/PUPPY LINUX$ sudo mount -t ext2 lupusave_crypta-james.2fs /mnt
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0,
       missing codepage or helper program, or other error
       In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
       dmesg | tail  or so

james@james-OptiPlex-GX620:/media/PUPPY LINUX$

coopsurv

uhm..

#2 Post by coopsurv »

yes to both... asto first... key is your intrid/vmlinuz/SFS placement... afterwords looks at any viewable drive for pupsave... simple no.

asto other... simply copy pupsave to say flash... then copy over to second... done.

ofcourse... second must have same basic and.or compatiable version to read.

otherwords... you could line say ten lappies running wary with copy over pupsave for all.

Karl Godt

#3 Post by Karl Godt »

mounting files.ext2 would need some kind of loop mount
look into /bin/mount and /usr/sbin/filemnt in the puppy_kind_version.sfs how such is done