5 years

News, happenings
puppyluvr

#81 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Hello,
OK, I get it..
Puppies like to tear things up.
Sometimes not knowing the 'right way' leads to the 'new way'..
To paraphrase as a musician:
"Listening to Steve Via makes me wanna practice, but Angus Young makes me wanna party"....

I hate to be cliche, but I guess sometimes it is OK to "Think outside the box"... 8)
Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

nooby

#82 Post by nooby »

I only know too former work mates that are computer savvy enough
to be able to install Linux. I've tried to get them interested in using Linux
since mid 2008 and it fails.
I've used Linux since maybe 2006 but regular since mid 2008.

I am still a newbie in that I always forget how one do things.
Puppy Linux was my rescue.
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

puppyluvr

#83 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Hello,
In a world where 97% of the population only knows how to boot one OS, you want to boot every OS from NTFS.. We each go our own direction, and yours has helped many.. The puppy leads the herd... We are all useful input for the Collective....
Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

Colonel Panic

#84 Post by Colonel Panic »

Hope no one minds my mentioning that this thread title is also that of a great song by David Bowie;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYwpnG-rkHI
Gigabyte M68MT-52P motherboard, AMD Athlon II X4 630, 5.8 GB of DDR3 RAM and a 250 GB Hitachi hard drive running Ubuntu 16.04.6, MX-19.2, Peppermint 10, PCLinuxOS 20.02, LXLE 18.04.3, Pardus 19.2, exGENT 200119, Bionic Pup 8.0 and Xenial CE 7.5 XL.

gcmartin

#85 Post by gcmartin »

puppyluvr wrote: But.. If I make something, and it doesnt work, I can ask (for example) Mick how to fix it.. (which I have.. THX.).. :D But I just learned HOW, not WHY.. If I rack my brains, read myself silly, and figure it out myself, I learned WHY.. And often much more in the process...
I congratulate PuppyLuvr for what he share in this.

Its very insightful. If we step back he shares what ever teacher in the world knows "all too well".

PuppyLuvr is showing that there are 2 ways to gather an insight on how to do something.

At the larger scale, some learn by assistance of others , while others learn by working to figure things out. And, at the same time, we will sometimes do these things interchangebly.

Thanks PuppyLuvr for that guiding light, for the contributions you (and others) have done, and for what is done in the Puppyland community.