Attachments
Terminal_Ancii_Script-Puppy_Linux.pet
(624 Bytes) Downloaded 518 times
capture31085.png
screenshot
(4.61 KiB) Downloaded 757 times
[b]Christos Koulaxizis[/b]
[i]Woof woof from Greece![/i]

[color=darkred][url=https://sourceforge.net/projects/puppystuff/][ Puppy Stuff Repository ][/url][/color]

GustavoYz

#2 Post by GustavoYz »

You mean ASCII as in ASCII-art, right?

koulaxizis

#3 Post by koulaxizis »

GustavoYz wrote:You mean ASCII as in ASCII-art, right?
Yes, you are right! My fault! :oops:

[color=darkred][url=https://sourceforge.net/projects/puppystuff/][ Puppy Stuff Repository ][/url][/color]

GustavoYz

#4 Post by GustavoYz »

Check out this link (copy && paste in browser):

Code: Select all

data:text/html, <html contenteditable><style>p{padding: 0;margin: 0;}</style><p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;o&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</p><p>,---..&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;.,---.,---.,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;.,---..&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;..&nbsp;&nbsp;,</p><p>|&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;||&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;||&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;||&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;||&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;||&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;||&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;><&nbsp;</p><p>|---'`---'|---'|---'`---|&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;`---'``&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;'`---''&nbsp;&nbsp;`</p><p>|&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;`---'&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</p>
*Also a trick to get a "notepad" in the browser.
8)

Q5sys

#5 Post by Q5sys »

It'd be cool if you could work that into screenfetch with a ASCII puppy graphic.

+MMMMMMMMMMDOOONMMMM      
      IMMO$8MM:.......,,,,,,::~~====M.   
    M:,,,,,:::M....,,,,,,,::~O======Z.   
  .M:.,,:::::~~~M,,,,,:::::~~~M===++?    
  .M::::::~~~~~~$,,:::::~~~~~==M=+++M    
  .M:::::~~~~~~~~?:::~~~~~====++M++M?.   
  .M::=MO=7MM7~~M+:~~~~=====+MMM++I7D    
  .M~~~~~~7MMMI=~=~~======++MMMMM+++D.   
   M~~~~MMMMMMMMM=======++++MMMMM?+??M . 
  .M~~~MMMMM8==MMM====+++++++MMM?????M . 
  .M~~+MMMM=====MM==+++++++++++??????M   
  .M~~+MMMM?====MM+++++NMMMMM????????M . 
  .M===MMMMMMMMMMM+7MMMMMMMM????????IM   
   8====MMMMMMMMM++++MMMMMM?????MI?IIM   
    M====+MMMMD++++++++?MM??????M?IIN    
    .I+==+++++++++++????NODMMMM$IIIZ8    
     NI=++++++++++MM???MM????IIII7ZM     
      ?I++++++++?????I?????IIIII7OM      
        M+++++??????????IIIIII7ZM.       
         ,M???????????IIIII7$OM:         
         .  MM77IIIIII77$ZONM.           
           ....~MMMMMMMMM+ .             
                 ...   .                 

Here is a pic of it in action:
Attachments
screenfetch-2.7.7.tar.gz
(38.87 KiB) Downloaded 233 times

koulaxizis

#6 Post by koulaxizis »

GustavoYz wrote:Check out this link (copy && paste in browser):

data:text/html, <html contenteditable><style>p{padding: 0;margin: 0;}</style><p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;o&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</p><p>,---..&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;.,---.,---.,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;.,---..&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;..&nbsp;&nbsp;,</p><p>|&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;||&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;||&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;||&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;||&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;||&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;||&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;><&nbsp;</p><p>|---'`---'|---'|---'`---|&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;`---'``&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;'`---''&nbsp;&nbsp;`</p><p>|&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;`---'&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</p>
*Also a trick to get a "notepad" in the browser.
8)
Nice trick! ;)
Q5sys wrote:It'd be cool if you could work that into screenfetch with a ASCII puppy graphic.
I didn't know about that! I 'll try it! :)

DebianJoe

#7 Post by DebianJoe »

It'd be cool if you could work that into screenfetch with a ASCII puppy graphic.
I have looked through a few options for screenfetch without finding any puppy ASCII-art. Give me a few days and I'll see if I can't come up with something good. It shouldn't be too hard to script up a puppy option form KittKatt's original and add in Q5sys's art.

I was surprised to not see this already done.

-Joe
[code]int main ()
{
char good;
char evil;
return 1;
}[/code]

Q5sys

#8 Post by Q5sys »

DebianJoe wrote:
I have looked through a few options for screenfetch without finding any puppy ASCII-art. Give me a few days and I'll see if I can't come up with something good. It shouldn't be too hard to script up a puppy option form KittKatt's original and add in Q5sys's art.

I was surprised to not see this already done.

-Joe
No its not an option in Screenfetch, someone would have to manually add it to the options, which is at the moment, beyond my bash skills.

DebianJoe

Quick and Dirty Hack for Screenfetch

#9 Post by DebianJoe »

Okay, this is what I came up with in the 45 or so minutes I had to play with it.

I'm using 2.4.0 of Screenfetch, so if the format has changed since then, that has to be taken into account.

Go to line 1136-ish, and look for the {"startline="0"}. Cut out everything down to the {"$c0")} line, but make sure to leave this line in it. I added a few extra blank lines to be sure that I didn't end up with 1 extra set of quotations. Then, paste:

fulloutput=(
"$c2               +MMMMMMMMMMDOOONMMMM$c0       %s"
"$c2      IMMO$8MM:.......,,,,,,::~~====M.     %s"
"$c2    M:,,,,,:::M....,,,,,,,::~O======Z.   %s"
"$c2  .M:.,,:::::~~~M,,,,,:::::~~~M===++?    %s"
"$c2  .M::::::~~~~~~$,,:::::~~~~~==M=+++M    %s"
"$c2  .M:::::~~~~~~~~?:::~~~~~====++M++M?.   %s"
"$c2  .M::=MO=7MM7~~M+:~~~~=====+MMM++I7D    %s"
"$c2  .M~~~~~~7MMMI=~=~~======++MMMMM+++D.   %s"
"$c2   M~~~~MMMMMMMMM=======++++MMMMM?+??M . %s"
"$c2  .M~~~MMMMM8==MMM====+++++++MMM?????M . %s"
"$c2  .M~~+MMMM=====MM==+++++++++++??????M   %s"
"$c2  .M~~+MMMM?====MM+++++NMMMMM????????M . %s"
"$c2  .M===MMMMMMMMMMM+7MMMMMMMM????????IM   %s"
"$c2   8====MMMMMMMMM++++MMMMMM????MIIIM     %s"
"$c2    M====+MMMMD++++++++?MM??????M?IIN    %s"
"$c2    .I+==+++++++++++????NODMMMMSIIIZ8  %s"
"$c2     NI=++++++++++MM???MM????IIII7ZM    %s"
"$c2      ?I++++++++?????I?????IIIII7OM    %s"
"$c2        M+++++??????????IIIIII7ZM.   %s"
"$c2         ,M???????????IIIII7SOM:   %s"
"$c2         .  MM77IIIIII77SZONM.    %s"
"$c2           ....~MMMMMMMMM+ .    %s"
"$c2                 ...   .  %s"
If you want to make it puplet specific, then run it as {#$./screenfetch -D Wary Puppy} (or whatever Puppy or Puplet you're running.)

It's a nasty way to get it done, but the output should be what we're after. The spaces to the %s tags line everything up perfectly in rxvt. I had to use [#chmod u+x] to get the edited script to run.

I only recently started playing with Puppy (about 2 days ago) on an older Athlon II desktop I have. I haven't yet figured out a consistent format for all versions of Puppy so that the call-outs for the distro can be called out from the bash. If you guys have that little bit of info, then I might see about getting a much more permanent answer into the Screenfetch Source.

EDIT: Also, I used "S" instead of "$" in your art, because "$" turns what's after it into a variable. I figured that would not be too far from your original artwork ;).

-Joe