Manna OS 3.3 remaster of Slacko 5.6

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
pchan

#41 Post by pchan »

oldyeller

Thanks for the welcome.

I have always been facinated by puppy linux but this is the first time i decided to join as member of this wonderful forum (Thanks to John Murga).

I am nevertheless not an expert at all about the technical side of the operating system. I just know that it works very well on old computers and laptops. In my case, I have an acer one happy2 netbook and a hp nc2400. Lupu528 used to work very well on my hp nc2400 but I cannot get the headphone to work on my acer one happy2 netbook.

Slacko works well on both my acer and my hp. So, i hope that when you decide to move into precise puppy linux, you will still keep slacko mana alive.

THANKS most of all for tips on finding a Bible with highlighting features. Really hard to NOT make highlighting or underlining when reading precious words found in the Bible.

I will check it out.

oldyeller

#42 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I decided to do one more update for Manna.001, Since it will be around the end of the year or the beginning of the next before Manna.002 is out.

See first post for download.

There is going to be a lot of changes in the next release. Hopefully it will be to most peoples liking.

Enjoy.

Jim1911

Manna OS.001 update3

#43 Post by Jim1911 »

Hi oldyeller,

Great work, :D really like your Manna Menu, wallpaper, and your preinstalled Bible programs. Of course, theWord has recently come out with a later version. Everything works well on my hardware except for Bible Analyzer which refuses to resize the fonts.

Will your next update also be based on Slacko? 01micko should be coming out with version 5.4 soon which will be a great base. I understand that you may be using the latest Precise which is also a great base.

If you are going to Precise, please consider releasing two versions since the Linux Xiphos works well on it. (1) A smaller version without Wine that uses only the two Linux Bible Programs, Bibletime and Xiphos. (2) A larger deluxe version that includes the two Linux versions plus the Windows versions that run using Wine.

Thanks for your fine Manna OS.
Jim

loyal

awesome update

#44 Post by loyal »

Hello
Glad to see the update. I'll play a bit.

So far two responed it was ok to put what html work I did bibles in to be included in my give away copy of manna. Sorry to hear it will be next year but I understand As I think I told youo I am moving. So Im burried too.

I started to look at lxpup. I like the file manger pcmanfm. Have you thought about using it or xfce instead of rox? Since i live in windows and linux they are more friendly to drives that have windows files (or I dont know what I am doing agian)

Ok I will tell you if thia works in hte lxpup mabe tomorrow. Wife is sick. Slows things down when youre supper daddy. But thats one of Gods intentions in marriage

oldyeller

#45 Post by oldyeller »

@ Jim1911
Will your next update also be based on Slacko? 01micko should be coming out with version 5.4 soon which will be a great base. I understand that you may be using the latest Precise which is also a great base.

If you are going to Precise, please consider releasing two versions since the Linux Xiphos works well on it. (1) A smaller version without Wine that uses only the two Linux Bible Programs, Bibletime and Xiphos. (2) A larger deluxe version that includes the two Linux versions plus the Windows versions that run using Wine.
@ loyal
I started to look at lxpup. I like the file manger pcmanfm. Have you thought about using it or xfce instead of rox? Since i live in windows and linux they are more friendly to drives that have windows files (or I dont know what I am doing agian)
This should address both of your questions.

1) ATM I am not sure what distro I will be using Precise does run cooler on my Dell D430 than Slacko 533 not sure about Slacko 5.4 beta4 yet. I am also thing about using Racy when it gets done, need to test the last beta still.

Trying to keep my cpu cool when working. I also was thinking about Saluki as well but I am not to keen on xfce maybe lxde, But my favorite is fluxbox by far. We all have what we like :wink:

2) If I do Precise I will think about doing two of them. Manna is coming about nicely though. I have build a reader for the bible so far and the begging of a basic word-processer as well to take notes in. This will be a bibleprogram OS gear to the study of the Gospels and Revelation with all other books a references.

I will be keeping the bible programs that I have now in Manna, But as I get closer to having the system set for a bible program there will be less other programs for bible study. I will keep them available for download through the Manna-Menu.

User RSH has made a installer for me to download the .exe for them that will work on the click of the install button for each of the programs. It will download wine and then the .exe and install them.

User SFR has helped a lot on the Manna-Reader and on the Notes Editor as well.

I also will be checking how to do searches for words and hopefully sentences as well. This all will not be done right away so what I will be doing is a release every few months Lord willing. It takes time to do all the text files that need to get done. that is way it will take too the end of the year or the beginning of the next.

Loyal, I will be praying for your wife.

Cheers

tim24

Esword on mannaos001 rev 3

#46 Post by tim24 »

Is anyone else having this problem? The Bible search function window opens but no results when I hit the button to search.

oldyeller

Re: Esword on mannaos001 rev 3

#47 Post by oldyeller »

tim24 wrote:Is anyone else having this problem? The Bible search function window opens but no results when I hit the button to search.
Hi tim24 you will need to use the Regular expression for the search to work.
Here is a picture.

Cheers
Attachments
search.jpg
(65.59 KiB) Downloaded 804 times

oldyeller

#48 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have just uploaded Manna OS 002 you can get it from first post along with the information

Cheers

oldyeller

#49 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have put together some of the wallpaper that I have used in my other builds as wallpaper-1.0.pet

the size is 2.8mb

Here you are http://www.smokey01.com/Oldyeller/pets/

Cheers

Jim1911

Manna OS.002

#50 Post by Jim1911 »

Hi oldyeller,

Thank you for your new 002, it's working great.

Suggestion, the MannaMenu needs to show all Bible Software installed. It did pick up the Windows software that was installed, however it does not show Bibletime after installation from the ppm. Of course Bibletime does show up in Radky's PupMenu and the regular Menu/Personal.

Also, consider including the PPM on the Wbar.

Thanks again for this fine Bible study OS,
Jim

oldyeller

Re: Manna OS.002

#51 Post by oldyeller »

Jim1911 wrote:Hi oldyeller,

Suggestion, the MannaMenu needs to show all Bible Software installed. It did pick up the Windows software that was installed, however it does not show Bibletime after installation from the ppm. Of course Bibletime does show up in Radky's PupMenu and the regular Menu/Personal.

Jim
Hi Jim1911,

Will fix the Manna-Menu in next build to reflect all Bible Software installed.

Will also included the PPM on Wbar

For the time being I will make a fix for the Menu as a pet soon.

Cheers.

oldyeller

Re: Manna OS.002

#52 Post by oldyeller »

Jim
Hi Jim1911,

As your request I have fixed the Manna-Menu so now it shows bibletime. I also fixed the width of the menu so that when one clicks on a tab the width does not change. This pet is no longer needed since I have done a new Manna-Reader

Here is the pet Cheers

PS This does work for me let me know how it goes.
Last edited by oldyeller on Sun 09 Jun 2013, 01:09, edited 1 time in total.

Jim1911

Manna OS.002 Menu Update

#53 Post by Jim1911 »

Hi oldyeller,

Your menu update works fine. I was pleasantly surprised with the quick response.

Thank you,
Jim

oldyeller

Re: Manna OS.002 Menu Update

#54 Post by oldyeller »

Your menu update works fine. I was pleasantly surprised with the quick response.

Thank you,
Jim
Hi Jim1911,

Your Welcome trying to keep up so that I can continue to work on Nave for the next release and hopefully TSK as well.

Cheers

oldyeller

#55 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I will not be doing any more Manna OS's. I will be to busy to continue with them.

I will how ever continue with Manna as a program that can be installed instead.

I will be starting a thread in Education under the Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff). Here you will be able to get updates on Manna and any new studies or bibleprograms.
I will be doing this in the nest of couple of weeks.

Cheers

oldyeller

#56 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have just posted Manna-2.4 with installerwb-2.0 along with mannawineonly-2.4 and installerbx-1.0 in the educationial thread

not being updated anymore

This is where you can get updated manna-menu or manna.

The one posted there now is newer. it has been updated with alot of changes to the menu and a new study has been put in.

Hope you will enjoy.

Cheers
Last edited by oldyeller on Sun 09 Jun 2013, 01:09, edited 1 time in total.

oldyeller

#57 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to know if you would like to continue to have the Manna Menu or if you rather just have menu entries for the different programs and in what Category you would like them in. For the 002 update 1 coming soon.

Cheers

oldyeller

#58 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

There will be a new version of Manna OS a remaster of slacko 5.5 in about an hour or so !!!

Cheers

oldyeller

#59 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have just up loaded the new Manna OS 2.7 enjoy :D :D

See first post.

Cheers

ally

#60 Post by ally »

hi yeller

having trouble downloading the 2.7 iso with "You don't have permission to access /Oldyeller/Manna-2.7/manna-2.7.iso on this server."

:)