Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 16 Sep 2014, 15:34
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Business
OpenERP
Page 1 of 2 [23 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
emnaz

PostPosted: Wed 02 Jan 2013, 22:43    Post subject:  OpenERP
Subject description: Enterprise Resource Management

OpenERP is one of most downloaded open source software's for enterprise management. It is a free for use that boosts productivity and profit through integration. It connects and improves business processes; sales, finance, supply chain, project management, and related areas. It has more than 1300+ modules 100+ official employee working on more then 800+ active branches and more then 1000+ contributors worldwide.

OpenERP is a full suite of business software, including the following modules:
Accounting: Record your operations in a few clicks and manage all your financial activities in one place.
Application Builder: The OpenERP application builder lets you customize every module of OpenERP directly from the web interface without any development required.
CRM: Track leads and opportunities customized your sales cycle, controls statistics and forecasts and marketing campaign automation to improve your sales performance.
Human Resources: The module is for personnel information management, leave, time tracking, attendance‚ expenses, payroll, periodic evaluations and recruitment.
Invoicing: Create and supervise your entire supplier and customer invoices.
Manufacturing: Plan and control your supply chain through different applications in the Manufacturing module.
Marketing: Marketing campaigns can help you automate email and email sending, qualify leads and encourage customers to contact the right department.
Point of Sale: The OpenERP touchscreen point of sale allows you to manage your shop sales. It's fully web-based so you don't need to install or deploy any software.
Project Management: Keep track and manage your projects using tasks for short term project execution or plan phases for long term planning.
Purchase: Create and track your purchase orders, manage your suppliers' info, control your products reception process and check suppliers' invoices.
Warehouse Management: An inventory management system to easily manage complex needs: tracking stocks of suppliers/customers, full traceability, accounting links, and more. OpenERP supports multi-warehouse management based on hierarchical locational structure.

UPDATED
Download OpenERP v6.1 build 2013-03-19 for Precise Puppy 5.4.3
http://openerp-pup.googlecode.com/files/openerp6.1-20130319.sfs

Download OpenERP v7.0 build 2013-03-19 for Precise Puppy 5.4.3
http://openerp-pup.googlecode.com/files/openerp7.0-20130319.sfs

Default master password for create database is admin

Comparison between v6.1 and v7.0

Last edited by emnaz on Wed 20 Mar 2013, 23:29; edited 2 times in total
musher0

PostPosted: Thu 03 Jan 2013, 17:12    Post subject:  

Hello, emnaz.

Thanks for providing this.

It's a meeting of the minds, I guess. Smile Some of us on a French thread in this forum http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=82649 have been doing research on various templates and utilities with a view to adapt | adopt Puppy for small businesses.

Obviously, there's a language barrier, but the hyperlinks are in html, a universal language! So may I invite you to have a look, and perhaps tell us if we're on target? Or perhaps indicate any other resource in the field you may know of? Thanks in advance.

I'll look your package over in the coming days.

Again, thanks for making this available.

Sincerely,

musher0

musher0

PostPosted: Sat 05 Jan 2013, 10:11    Post subject:  

However...

Open but not free ? Where will the very small entrepreneur find at least 468 $US per employee a year to maintain this database ?

Just a thought.

musher0
openerp-price.jpg
Description  Fees to use OpenERP
jpg

Download 
Filename  openerp-price.jpg 
Filesize  53.03 KB 
Downloaded  754 Time(s) 

emnaz

PostPosted: Sat 05 Jan 2013, 11:13    Post subject:  

OpenERP Community Edition is free , see http://v6.openerp.com/catalog and http://v6.openerp.com/services/faq-onsite
Quote:
What's the difference between OpenERP Enterprise and OpenERP Community?

OpenERP Enterprise and OpenERP Community are the same product, with the same features, the difference lies in the services that are provided along with the product.

With this sfs package we can install and running OpenERP on local computer.
musher0

PostPosted: Sat 05 Jan 2013, 11:52    Post subject:  

Noted, thanks.
e_mattis

PostPosted: Wed 16 Jan 2013, 15:20    Post subject: er...now what?
Subject description: Trying it, downloaded it, nothings happening?

Hey all

So, i found the post, looked it over and thought i'd try it out. I'm running Lucid 5.2.8 (2.6.33.2) Frugal install on an old AMD Duron, 775MB ram, and an 80GB HDD.

I am assuming as I want to run it only on this machine (no other clients/workstations) that I want the server download in PPM (showing as version 5.0.6-3)

I downloaded and let it install. Some things were to be installed in system, others in Personal, and yet others had no menu listing per the install script report. I can find nothing in the menu at all. also, it reported some dependancies missing - libq.so5, bas-password, python2.6-cairo, and python2.6-gobject. All of these are listed in the PPM as having been installed.

This being said, i downloaded the client (5.0.6-2) as well. it shows up under network in menu. clicked it, nothing happened.

What is the next step? how do I make sure everything is where it needs to be and to get the program running? I really like what i've seen here and do not want to be forced into maintaining a windows - business machine.

I am still only a noob-in-training when it comes to most of the workings of puppy, so be gentle Cool Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
emnaz

PostPosted: Fri 18 Jan 2013, 21:42    Post subject: Re: er...now what?
Subject description: Trying it, downloaded it, nothings happening?

e_mattis wrote:
I'm running Lucid 5.2.8 (2.6.33.2)

This package is for Precise Puppy and may not work in Lucid Puppy. Would you like to try Precise Puppy?
e_mattis

PostPosted: Sat 19 Jan 2013, 00:17    Post subject: already there  

hey emnaz,

yea, i have a machine running precise 5.4.3. wouldn't mind getting it working there. i did find an openERP for lucid in the pet repo, that's why i started with lucid. Smile

So am I correct in assuming Shocked i wold need the server d/l only or would i need the client as well? What steps should I take to get a successful install?

help da noob plz Very Happy

Thanks!
emnaz

PostPosted: Sat 19 Jan 2013, 09:48    Post subject:  

Please download openerp sfs package from http://openerp-pup.googlecode.com/files/openerp6.1-20130102.sfs

Using file manager browse folder and click the file, sfs-load on-the-fly window will pop up.

This package contain postgresql and openerp server only. Client acces using browser eg http://localhost:8069 or http://ip-server:8069

I will update openerp 7.0 soon

hope this help
sfs-load-on-the-fly-popup.png
 Description   sfs-load on-the-fly popup window
 Filesize   21.5 KB
 Viewed   1177 Time(s)

sfs-load-on-the-fly-popup.png

browse-folder.png
 Description   browse folder
 Filesize   17.69 KB
 Viewed   1173 Time(s)

browse-folder.png

e_mattis

PostPosted: Sat 19 Jan 2013, 18:22    Post subject:  

Thanks emnaz!

i'll give it look and try to let you know how things work out.

Nicely instructed BTW - I can understand exactly what to do and, barring any errors or malfunctions on my part, think i should have it up and running soon.

Thanks again!
Pelo

PostPosted: Mon 21 Jan 2013, 20:47    Post subject: Error : see screenshot
Subject description: OpenErp test by pelo

see screenshot
I am using passagio-es (Slacko 5.3.1 ?)
I try with version 6
image-1.jpg
 Description   Same error message with version 6
 Filesize   10.03 KB
 Viewed   1131 Time(s)

image-1.jpg

sfs.jpg
 Description   ??????
 Filesize   7.29 KB
 Viewed   1115 Time(s)

sfs.jpg

e_mattis

PostPosted: Tue 22 Jan 2013, 00:02    Post subject:  

hey Pelo,

My French is kinda rusty (ok, non-existent) but it appears when you d/l the pet you may have tried to install it to an area not able to be installed to Question

What type installation are you using for the passagio-es - LiveCD, frugal, or full?

if frugal, try d/l the pet somewhere like my-applications folder then install it.

Just a thought. Hope it helps!

E
PVD

PostPosted: Sun 03 Mar 2013, 10:51    Post subject: openerp puppy
Subject description: open erp not starting

Hi,

I have precise puppy installed and have installed openerp 7 via SFS file downloaded via link on forum.
I have my precise puppy installed on the HD.
It installed but had menu telling me that some files where not installed
afterwards.
The icon is on the desktop en in the menu but if i click it it goes to the browser at "http://localhost:8069/ " with the message "No handler found."
Any thoughts what this can be ,
i am fairly new to linux
I have an ubuntu installation and now i am experimenting with puppy on low end pc as dedicated openerp server

thanks
Hogweed

PostPosted: Sun 03 Mar 2013, 12:54    Post subject:  

Just tried installing V7 SFS and also got "No handler". Did a web search and found suggestion to try installing python-mock and python-unittest2. Did so via package manager, rebooted and it now works. Now to play with it.

Suggestion to try installing these packages found at http://forum.openerp.com/forum/topic35415.html (last post in thread currently).
emnaz

PostPosted: Tue 19 Mar 2013, 11:51    Post subject:  

Hogweed wrote:
Just tried installing V7 SFS and also got "No handler". Did a web search and found suggestion to try installing python-mock and python-unittest2. Did so via package manager, rebooted and it now works. Now to play with it.

Suggestion to try installing these packages found at http://forum.openerp.com/forum/topic35415.html (last post in thread currently).

Thank's for suggestion. Package updated.
Page 1 of 2 [23 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Business
Jump to: