LXDE packages, lastest versions.

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
Jejy69

LXDE packages, lastest versions.

#1 Post by Jejy69 »

Hello Puppies users !

I give you today LXDE packages used in CheckMate version without themes and appearance, only applications separated so that you can choose.
That's why you can get an ugly desktop at the beginning, but do not be afraid ! :lol:
I put so much time because of some dependencies and other projects ... :?

They are working with Slacko, Precise beta 3 & other, but not old Puppies.

Do not hesitate to report bugs! :wink:

Enjoy !
Attachments
lxtask-1.4.pet
To manage scripts, process.
(64.02 KiB) Downloaded 1732 times
lxsession-0.4.6.1.pet
To start LXDE.
(96.04 KiB) Downloaded 1729 times
lxmenu-data-0.1.2.pet
Needed for PcmanFM.
(51.19 KiB) Downloaded 1650 times
lxappearance-5.1.pet
To change LXDE / Openbox appearance, with Obconf plugin.
(168.04 KiB) Downloaded 1817 times
gpicview-0.2.2.pet
Pictures viewer.
(122.5 KiB) Downloaded 1586 times
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite Linux distrbution on the Citadel.

Jejy69

#2 Post by Jejy69 »

Second part.
Attachments
lxde-puppy-menu.pet
Needed for Puppy :
-Menu
-Patch to apply theme.
-Needed to avoid conflicts with JWM
(110.21 KiB) Downloaded 1724 times

vicmz

#3 Post by vicmz »

Bravo Jejy! :lol:
Does PcManFM install as default? Or does ROX-Filer retain default status?
Actually, I always use Openbox, Obconf and Lxpanel only, but I like to experiment. :wink:
Merci beaucoup :D
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=76948]Puppy Linux en español[/url]

Jejy69

#4 Post by Jejy69 »

No, Rox is always the default FileManager.
But PCmanFm'll be the default filer during the Lxde session. :)

Merci Vicmz :)

Tman

#5 Post by Tman »

Jejy69,

Can you let us know which pup you compiled these handy apps in?
Thanks in advance. You're doing fantastic work.

Jejy69

#6 Post by Jejy69 »

Hello Tman,

Packages have been compiled with Slacko, and some adapted from a slackware repo for Puppy. :)

mrokosz

keyboard layout swwitch and weather

#7 Post by mrokosz »

Jely 69
Can You add country flag icons to the layout keyboard switch, just like in lubuntu or any other LXDE distro. Layout keyboard switch is plugin item in panel preferences (will be great if You can make patch for this) Some distros also include weather plugin. Exept this desktop looks perfect, I just did full install and I like it more then Lubuntu I used earlier. I did not tested everything but if I find any problems I let You know

Eyes-Only

#8 Post by Eyes-Only »

Hi Jejy!

I fully agree with Tman above there!
Tman wrote:"You're doing fantastic work."
You have come along and have worked literally magic with all these various new desktops which you have given us for Puppy. The choices now - for a person like me who loves playing around with so many different window managers and desktops - it is like a dream come true! I feel as if I have hit the Lotto here and haven't had this much fun with Puppy in a very long time! ( Last time was back when I helped PlayDayz & Micko privately with Lucid-Pup. )

I know that I am not the only person here when I say, "We hope that you remain with our Puppy Community for many long years to come and feel very welcomed here! We truly are so thankful to have a developer of your calibre working now in our midst."

Thank you for choosing Puppy instead of some other distro Jejy. Continue the great job.

Amicalement Mon Chum,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge d'Acadie"
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*

`f00

#9 Post by `f00 »

(from testing in racy 5.3.90)

Compared to latest precise (5.3.95 aka beta7), menu compatibility is much better in racy with particular regard to lxpanel's menu plugin augmented by an lx-appearance.menu along with the others in /etc/xdg/menus dir. Structure is closer in racy, enabling a more familiar 'puppy' look with inline limits and so on if a branchout is desired.

A nice feature of the lxpanel menu is that comment lines in the individual dotdesktop entries show as popups when hovered on the menu - this can be used with shorter, non-wordy entry names for a less 'sprawling' menu that still has the same or better comprehension of what the app does for users unfamiliar with the variety offered.

Not as skinny as a template but it pretty much auto-updates on-the-fly without any fuss :)
Attachments
racylxpanel.png
lxpanel menu in racy 5.3.90 with comment popup
(49.6 KiB) Downloaded 6260 times

ikaros262

#10 Post by ikaros262 »

I tested your pcmanfm pets in precise. When I open pcmanfm I get an ungly window without any icons, and I can't mount drives from the file manager. That's using openbox in precise, trying all of the pets from this page and starting lxde gives the same result. I also tried installing from the ppm and had the same result. Everytime I tested was in a clean session. How can I get pcmanfm to work as expected in precise?
Attachments
image-1.png
(25.32 KiB) Downloaded 5531 times

playdayz

#11 Post by playdayz »

I am using this in Slacko 5.4 and it is working nicely. I had to add the gnome-icon theme. I have no panel, just a blank desktop with default Slacko wallpaper with my programs in the quick launch bar (all by my choice). I would like to try Pcmanfm 1.1.0. Three lxde programs show up in the Utility Menu: Look and Feel, Preferred Applications, and PCmanfm.,

Pcmanfm depends on the rest of lxde for some of its function--for instance if started by itself it does not offer the working trash/recycle bin--to get that I must start "xwin startlxde.".
Attachments
capture5691.png
(6.09 KiB) Downloaded 5667 times

darkcity

#12 Post by darkcity »

version 0.2.3 of gpicview available see-
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/gpicview

disciple

#13 Post by disciple »

Pcmanfm depends on the rest of lxde for some of its function--for instance if started by itself it does not offer the working trash/recycle bin--to get that I must start "xwin startlxde."
No, this is just a problem of lack of documentation.
I run pcmanfm without using startlxde or lxsession or lxdm (because I hate having layers and layers of wrappers complicating things), and the trash and network browsing and detection of plugged drives and everything works. The problem will be that dbus is not being started "properly". You need two instances of dbus-daemon, one is called a "system session" or something, and the other is the "user session". If you use startlxde then both instances are started, but you can start them another way if you don't want to use startlxde.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

Pelo

icons bigger in Pupjibaro Wheezy. How do i do ?

#14 Post by Pelo »

lxappearance : i want to make desktop icons bigger in Pupjibaro Wheezy. How do i do ?

disciple

#15 Post by disciple »

Is there an error message printed if you started lxappearance from a terminal?
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

Pelo

Here it is

#16 Post by Pelo »

┌─[root][02:41 ][~]
└─[pupjibaro][$] lxappearance

(lxappearance:22877): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_utf8_collate: assertion `str1 != NULL' failed

..... (the same)

(lxappearance:22877): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_utf8_collate: assertion `str2 != NULL' failed

and the terminal itself is very tiny (my screen is 1600x900). My eyes are 63 years old :) to give you an idea icons seems to be 32x32, or less.
Perhaps josejp2424 wanted it like that, but i suppose somewhere in the menus size can be adjusted to my needs.
Attachments
joseph2424.jpg
(55.9 KiB) Downloaded 270 times