DLink DCS-932L IP Camera

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of computer video hardware
bill

DLink DCS-932L IP Camera

#1 Post by bill »

I purchased the above camera which Brand X OS system is required :oops: simply because I couldn't locate one for Linux.However after setting up,using Brand X and finding its IP address,I am now able to view this remote camera
with mostly any Puppy simply by typing in http:// xxx.xxx.x.x (IP address) in browser.The only downside I see is that Puppy Linux can't wag its tail for ActiveX which would give better control.Here is attached .jpg of a captured image using
Lucid 5.20 [/img]

Update Note : In the "Initial Test Picture" Either ActiveX or Java must be selected,You can get a still picture without but the video will not update to show motion also when viewing through a window pane during daylight,everything is fine,but at night when the infrared night vision comes on,all you will see is white dots of these infrared leds and nothing more.
Attachments
InitialTestPic.jpg
Initial Test Picture
(103.55 KiB) Downloaded 4454 times
Last edited by bill on Mon 17 Dec 2012, 18:24, edited 2 times in total.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

How does it physically connect to the computer or network? Can you give a link to a manufacturer's web page about it?

bill

Video description of DLink DCS-932L Day/Nite camera

#3 Post by bill »

Lo Flash,Since I am a basic newbie using this DLink DCS-932L camera,I looked about and decided the best way to explain this camera was a video that is posted on Youtube.My computer is connected wireless to an AT&T
router for DSL service so this camera is a natural simply because it is both
Ethernet and Wireless capable.I hope this video will answer any questions anyone may have.If not,I may need to find another video :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFZa7wghhZ4

and another

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIdQuNd6zVM

bill

DLink DCS-932L IP Camera

#4 Post by bill »

FYI ,if needed !
Gleaned from the net from another inquiring mind:

How can I get my ip address for my wireless cam?

i have a ip wireless D-link cam that works good but i want to view it from orb and in order to add it to orb i need the ip of the cam. how do i find the ip.

the camera works fine i just need to know what its ip is to connect to orb so i can view it remotely. i can watch it through another site but i would like to use orb
Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
Connect the wireless IP camera directly to your computer using an ethernet cable. Open a Command Prompt and run IPCONFIG. Write down the gateway IP address. That's your wireless camera's IP address. Type that on your browser.

If you want to know the IP assigned to it by your router, open your router's configuration page and see the IP assignment for your camera.

rcrsn51

Re: DLink DCS-932L IP Camera

#5 Post by rcrsn51 »

bill wrote:i need the ip of the cam. how do i find the ip.
Run PeasyPort and scan your network for Port 80. Or maybe Port 21.
the camera works fine i just need to know what its ip is to connect to orb so i can view it remotely. i can watch it through another site but i would like to use orb
What is orb?

bill

No help using peasyport

#6 Post by bill »

Thanks rcrsn51 for your interest.I had already known the IP addy working through DLink site but it was my interest to get access to this camera directly without going to DLink. site.So far this is all I have gleaned.Are we having fun yet !? :lol:
Here is what ORB is that the person was using -Windows No Linux :cry:
Orb Software is a free to use media streaming application. Once installed on your 'always-on', 'internet connected' PC, your PC acts like your personal broadcasting system and enables you to stream content stored on your home PC to any remote web enabled device. (Another PC, Mobile Phone, PDA or Laptop.)
I think the secret here is the "Hardware Address" but at this point I just don't know.Any Murgatroid out there in PuppyLand know ? and Merry Christmas to all
Attachments
detailsdcs-932l.jpg
(37.24 KiB) Downloaded 4114 times

bill

Have a view of grass growing in Houston Texas

#7 Post by bill »

I don't know if you can access this test of a DLink DCS-932L day/nite camera but if you like,try it.
In your browser type http://192.168.1.69
The User Name is admin and Password is camera
you probably will need to radio button either activex or java to see any motion ,depending on your OS. ! This will only be temporary until I find out if I can find it useful in the Puppy. Merry Christmas !

rcrsn51

Re: Have a view of grass growing in Houston Texas

#8 Post by rcrsn51 »

bill wrote:Have a view of grass growing in Houston Texas ...
In your browser type http://192.168.1.69
That IP address is just for your own home network. Did you think that people in the rest of the world could also see your lawn?

bill

DLink DCS-923L Home Network only

#9 Post by bill »

Thanks rcrsn51,frankly I had serious doubts about it,but the only way to
test and make sure was to post it and wait for a kickback.Interesting thing is,can you imagine how many folks tried it and either did not know
why it didn't work or decided not to say anything so I appreciate your
input.This whole learning experience always depends on folks who know
for those of us.who don't ! Look how many folks you have educated :wink: cheers

bill

#10 Post by bill »

Just in validation what rcrsn51 told me,I used "Vista" on me mums laptop to
find and login to https://www.mydlink.com/device#30469569 .Since this site
will not accept Puppy and my browser the Windoze folks seem to have a mortal
lock :lol: So all of this is just FYI should you be interested.
Attachments
DCS-932L-A1.doc.jpg
Just info I found from the net
(63.86 KiB) Downloaded 4057 times