Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 23 Apr 2014, 13:22
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
ArchPup - Puppy based on Arch Linux
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 5 of 14 [206 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, ..., 12, 13, 14 Next
Author Message
simargl
Guest


PostPosted: Sat 01 Dec 2012, 05:18    Post subject:  

@anikin: Ok, I will update first page regarding this issue, might help someone. Thanks.

@oui: You have mplayer and mplayer2 in arch's repo.
mplayer2 package is less than 1MB but it needs ffmpeg,
and to watch or download youtube videos there's minitube.

Regards
Back to top
T_Hobbit


Joined: 27 May 2006
Posts: 400
Location: Portugal - Lisbon

PostPosted: Sat 01 Dec 2012, 12:06    Post subject:  

Amazing work!
With wifi manager inside... Now you really did it!

Don't run away please, and keep this up to date, and I'll be you fan for long!

_________________
T_Hobbit
Idea Rebuilding old DOS Machine for Wing Commander Privateer and Puppy Exclamation Old spare parts to give away - anyone interested Question
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
slenkar

Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 204

PostPosted: Sat 01 Dec 2012, 14:54    Post subject:  

anikin wrote:

Regarding the save file - it does not work here even after reboot. During shutdown I can see some text saying that 'save config can't be found in usr/sbin or usr/bin', or something similar.


use thunar file manager to access the place where you want it saved, make sure its not in the local file system, make sure its somewhere that has to be mounted like sda6 for example.

Thunar will mount the save file location, then simply press save and it will create a folder called archpup
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
James C


Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Posts: 5450
Location: Kentucky

PostPosted: Sat 01 Dec 2012, 16:14    Post subject:  

Did a frugal install on my old Athlon XP box...... no problem creating save file....actually no real problems at all. Internet,sound and display all working and correct on initial boot. Will do more testing when some free time magically appears.
Good start. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
slenkar

Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 204

PostPosted: Sat 01 Dec 2012, 18:17    Post subject:  

has anyone installed anything from the AUR?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
simargl
Guest


PostPosted: Sun 02 Dec 2012, 05:14    Post subject:  

Some instructions for using AUR and packer... Smile

1. Go to https://aur.archlinux.org/, search for packer and download tarball
2. Extract packer.tar.gz, open PKGBUILD and add 'ca-certificates' to depends list.
3. Open terminal in same folder where u saved PKGBUILD. Type makepkg -sic --asroot.
4. After packer is installed you can browse and install packages from AUR.
5. For example search with: packer -Ss leafpad
6. compile and install package directly from AUR: packer -S leafpad-noheader
Back to top
oui

Joined: 20 May 2005
Posts: 1847
Location: near Woof (Germany) :-) Acer Laptop emachines 2 GB RAM AMD64. franco-/germanophone, +/- anglophone

PostPosted: Sun 02 Dec 2012, 05:16    Post subject:  

Hi

the new version .1 works real better on my PC than the first one.

but I constate a unfriendly difference with puppy:

Puppy finds and mount automatic /mnt/home or /initrd/mnt/dev_save or /initrd/mnt/dev_ro2 (a bit chaotic, I know!) depending of the puplet.

important is that the partition in which the puplet is logged in is directly already mounted and named with a symbolic address being valid on all PC's using the puplet, so that you can send your puplet to an other puppy user or upload it and it works!

as years and years ago this works without to need to search a solution, I am not experimented in that Wink . how to realize it in ArchPup 1204?

kind regards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
T_Hobbit


Joined: 27 May 2006
Posts: 400
Location: Portugal - Lisbon

PostPosted: Sun 02 Dec 2012, 09:31    Post subject:  

Pwireless problem:
I select my wifi network, when I press connect nothing happens, no WPA2 key asked, and no connection establisehd.
Tried with a WPA and WEP networks - no luck. I only have wired lan.
I'm working with an Acer Aspire One with atheros AR5BXB63 card. Usually ath5k driver works.

PS: please rename zip file as txt file - forum doesn't allow txt files
txt.zip
Description  txt renamed as zip - Pwireless2 output from terminal
zip

 Download 
Filename  txt.zip 
Filesize  1.27 KB 
Downloaded  198 Time(s) 

_________________
T_Hobbit
Idea Rebuilding old DOS Machine for Wing Commander Privateer and Puppy Exclamation Old spare parts to give away - anyone interested Question
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
simargl
Guest


PostPosted: Sun 02 Dec 2012, 10:40    Post subject:  

Hi T_Hobbit,

It's been reported by mavrothal, see here http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=668153#668153

Looks like it's problem with udev, but since I dont own wireless can't check that myself.

So mavrothal if you see this please open file: /var/lib/spkg/installed/udev/def.

and check if there is something wrong with configure options or some udev.rules are missing? Confused

Would really like to fix this...
Back to top
mavrothal


Joined: 24 Aug 2009
Posts: 1388

PostPosted: Sun 02 Dec 2012, 13:58    Post subject:  

simargl wrote:
Hi T_Hobbit,

It's been reported by mavrothal, see here http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=668153#668153

Looks like it's problem with udev, but since I dont own wireless can't check that myself.

So mavrothal if you see this please open file: /var/lib/spkg/installed/udev/def.

and check if there is something wrong with configure options or some udev.rules are missing? Confused

Would really like to fix this...


T_Hobbit's issue appears to be with Pwireless/WPA supplicant rather than kernel module/firmware as mine was (dmesg might also be helpfull here).

In any case, udev compile configuration-wise, just drop "--disable-extras" (add "--enable-extras"). Actually since all devices are generated dinamically extras improved acuuracy of the process.

_________________
Kids all over the world go around with an XO laptop. They deserve one puppy (or many) too Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
starlyte


Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 29
Location: near Carcassonne, S. France

PostPosted: Sun 02 Dec 2012, 15:39    Post subject:  ArchPup - my dream come true  

Very Happy I've wanted an Arch based Puppy for ages, but I just haven't found the time to attack the making, myself. Embarassed
So a big thankyou for this ArchPup,, which I've just finished downloading, and I'm longing to try it out. Arch is a super distro, but as I'm a Puppy Addict it's the perfect solution for me. With pacman the prospects are without limit, and it's my dream Puppy that you've created.
Sincerely you have my greatest, and humble THANKS! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
slenkar

Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 204

PostPosted: Sun 02 Dec 2012, 15:55    Post subject:  

simargl wrote:
Some instructions for using AUR and packer... Smile

1. Go to https://aur.archlinux.org/, search for packer and download tarball
2. Extract packer.tar.gz, open PKGBUILD and add 'ca-certificates' to depends list.
3. Open terminal in same folder where u saved PKGBUILD. Type makepkg -sic --asroot.
4. After packer is installed you can browse and install packages from AUR.
5. For example search with: packer -Ss leafpad
6. compile and install package directly from AUR: packer -S leafpad-noheader


thanks this sounds good
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
anikin

Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 391

PostPosted: Sun 02 Dec 2012, 16:34    Post subject:  

slenkar wrote:
Thunar will mount the save file location, then simply press save and it will create a folder called archpup

It's not that I can't ctreate the save file. My issue is that the save file doesn't get picked up during boot time. As if it's not there, but it IS there. Tried to place it in the same directory, outside, another partition, different boot parameters - no joy. The system defiantly and contemptuosly refuses to see it. Can it be because the SD card I'm running it from is formatted as fat32 - but then I have seven other puppies on it, that run without a hitch?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
slenkar

Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 204

PostPosted: Sun 02 Dec 2012, 21:54    Post subject:  

anikin wrote:
slenkar wrote:
Thunar will mount the save file location, then simply press save and it will create a folder called archpup

It's not that I can't ctreate the save file. My issue is that the save file doesn't get picked up during boot time. As if it's not there, but it IS there. Tried to place it in the same directory, outside, another partition, different boot parameters - no joy. The system defiantly and contemptuosly refuses to see it. Can it be because the SD card I'm running it from is formatted as fat32 - but then I have seven other puppies on it, that run without a hitch?


hmm I dont know if it looks on any SD cards, its not like other puppies
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
slenkar

Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 204

PostPosted: Mon 03 Dec 2012, 09:58    Post subject:  

I got this error message when installing packer:
==> Starting build()...
==> Connecting to github GIT server....
Cloning into 'packer'...
error: error setting certificate verify locations:
CAfile: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
CApath: none
while accessing https://github.com/keenerd/packer.git/info/refs
fatal: HTTP request failed
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
Aborting...


How do I switch the clock to Eastern Time?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 5 of 14 [206 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, ..., 12, 13, 14 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0748s ][ Queries: 13 (0.0060s) ][ GZIP on ]