Canon Pixma MG5250

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
Ronnie

Canon Pixma MG5250

#1 Post by Ronnie »

Hi All, I'm a new Wary Puppy user. Full hard drive install. Using a wireless adaptor with the old laptop (Compaq Evo N150, Pentium III 800 but just 192mb RAM) I can just print via wireless to the printer but when the laptop is connected to the router via ethernet cable the printer will not respond. Any ideas anyone please?

It was a printer setting blocking the communication. Sorry for wasting members time.

garvint

ip address

#2 Post by garvint »

when you plug the ethernet cable the ip address changes. that is why the printer stops working.

I want to buy the Canon Pixma MG5250 and happy that you got this working in Puppy Linux which i use 5.2.8.5.

Was it simple to install with cups, did it detect the printer, or did you install script (.sh) installer files?

Regards,

Garvin Timmann

--

rcrsn51

#3 Post by rcrsn51 »

The Gutenprint driver package that is built into recent Puppies supports the Canon MG5200 Series. When you plug in the printer and run the CUPS wizard, it will be auto-detected.

However, there is another driver here made from the official Canon packages. This one will be better for anything more than basic text.

This is a new PET. If you try it, please provide feedback.

garvint

have you got the scanner to work inside puppy too?

#4 Post by garvint »

i am wondering if the scanner is recognised too. xsane and simple scan is what i want it to work through.

rcrsn51

#5 Post by rcrsn51 »

Read here and here for info about Canon scanning in Puppy.

Have you read the How-To at the start of this section?
have you got the scanner to work inside puppy too?
I cannot guarantee that any particular model will work.