Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 24 Sep 2014, 00:41
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Filesystem
Pfind 5.13
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 35 of 39 [582 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 Next
Author Message
don570


Joined: 10 Mar 2010
Posts: 3294
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct 2012, 19:28    Post subject:  

Review of pfind 5.04 and pfilesearch 1.33


When I try to use 'Delete' or 'Link' I get following message.
(either top menu or a rightclick menu)



__________________________________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
don570


Joined: 10 Mar 2010
Posts: 3294
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct 2012, 19:31    Post subject:  

The top menu has Execute a command ----> It would
be better to replace 'files' with 'file(s)' .

Also I suggest putting in an additional example, like in the picture.

Also if just one file is currently chosen then it would be useful
to fill in the field with the path of the file to make writing the
command easier.



________________________________________________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
don570


Joined: 10 Mar 2010
Posts: 3294
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct 2012, 19:38    Post subject:  

Suggestion :

If the user has 'Search here' in the entry field when
clicking 'Search' button, then pop up a help screen
using Xdialog since the user is obviously lost Laughing

___________________________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
don570


Joined: 10 Mar 2010
Posts: 3294
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct 2012, 19:45    Post subject:  

I used 'Copy' from the top menu, ---> if no file was chosen
then all the files were copied. I didn't realize this. Fortunated my list
of hits had only small files. If the list had been long or had big files
then it would have been disruptive. I suggest a better explanation.

____________________________________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
zigbert


Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Posts: 5728
Location: Valåmoen, Norway

PostPosted: Wed 24 Oct 2012, 02:28    Post subject:  

don570
Thank you for the feedback

I will work through it when time gives an option to improve pFind.


Sigmund

_________________
Stardust resources
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
happyzjk

Joined: 22 Nov 2012
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Thu 22 Nov 2012, 10:25    Post subject:  have a bug for language  

Iin file /usr/local/pfind/func_filter and /usr/local/pfind/func_openwith:
the line FRAME="$(gettext \"Find files\")"; IMG="find";
in file pfind.po be msgid "\"Find",
so i can't translation it.
the line TXT1="$(gettext \"Search for <b>text</b> in files.\")"
the line FRAME="$(gettext \"Open with\")"; TXT1="$LOC528 $TREE"
have same .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
zigbert


Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Posts: 5728
Location: Valåmoen, Norway

PostPosted: Thu 22 Nov 2012, 13:34    Post subject: Re: have a bug for language  

happyzjk wrote:
Iin file /usr/local/pfind/func_filter and /usr/local/pfind/func_openwith:
the line FRAME="$(gettext \"Find files\")"; IMG="find";
in file pfind.po be msgid "\"Find",
so i can't translation it.
the line TXT1="$(gettext \"Search for <b>text</b> in files.\")"
the line FRAME="$(gettext \"Open with\")"; TXT1="$LOC528 $TREE"
have same .
func_filter and func_openwith is the legacy from the pFind 4 branch. They should not be in use for version 5.0.x. I will remove them now.


Thank you for reporting
Sigmund

_________________
Stardust resources
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
zigbert


Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Posts: 5728
Location: Valåmoen, Norway

PostPosted: Thu 22 Nov 2012, 16:02    Post subject:  

Version 5.05
See main post

Changelog
- Use Black as color for svg because of 'strange' gtkrc files in precise pup. (thanks to FeodorF)
- Bugfix: Window header (thanks to Karl Godt)
- Bugfix: Choose directory in 'Copy files' window
- Bugfix: Some NLS (gettext) fixes.
- Bugfix: pFilesearch preferences was unrechable (thanks to don570)

_________________
Stardust resources
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
zigbert


Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Posts: 5728
Location: Valåmoen, Norway

PostPosted: Thu 22 Nov 2012, 16:04    Post subject:  

don570
Your input is not forgotten, but moved to 5.1.0 - there are several things that could be improved.... I think your copy file bug should be solved....


Sigmund

_________________
Stardust resources
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
zigbert


Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Posts: 5728
Location: Valåmoen, Norway

PostPosted: Sat 24 Nov 2012, 13:33    Post subject:  

don570 wrote:
Review of pfind 5.04 and pfilesearch 1.33


When I try to use 'Delete' or 'Link' I get following message.
(either top menu or a rightclick menu)



__________________________________________
tested in pFind 5.05, and it works for me here.


Sigmund

_________________
Stardust resources
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
zigbert


Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Posts: 5728
Location: Valåmoen, Norway

PostPosted: Sat 24 Nov 2012, 13:44    Post subject:  

don570 wrote:
The top menu has Execute a command ----> It would
be better to replace 'files' with 'file(s)' .
Done

don570 wrote:
Also I suggest putting in an additional example, like in the picture.
Also if just one file is currently chosen then it would be useful
to fill in the field with the path of the file to make writing the
command easier.

not sure......
_________________
Stardust resources
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
zigbert


Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Posts: 5728
Location: Valåmoen, Norway

PostPosted: Sat 24 Nov 2012, 14:03    Post subject:  

don570 wrote:
I used 'Copy' from the top menu, ---> if no file was chosen
then all the files were copied. I didn't realize this. Fortunated my list
of hits had only small files. If the list had been long or had big files
then it would have been disruptive. I suggest a better explanation.

____________________________________________
Copy, move and execute now shows a list of affected files as for trash. Wait for 5.1.0


Thank you for feedback
Sigmund

_________________
Stardust resources
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
zigbert


Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Posts: 5728
Location: Valåmoen, Norway

PostPosted: Sat 24 Nov 2012, 15:01    Post subject:  

zigbert wrote:
don570 wrote:
Review of pfind 5.04 and pfilesearch 1.33


When I try to use 'Delete' or 'Link' I get following message.
(either top menu or a rightclick menu)



__________________________________________
tested in pFind 5.05, and it works for me here.


Sigmund
Sorry, I see the error. Now fixed.
_________________
Stardust resources
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
don570


Joined: 10 Mar 2010
Posts: 3294
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Sat 24 Nov 2012, 16:32    Post subject:  



I suggest more examples of commands.
I show an rm command

The word 'every' is confusing.


______________________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
don570


Joined: 10 Mar 2010
Posts: 3294
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Sat 24 Nov 2012, 16:38    Post subject:  

Test of pfind 5.0.5



I tried testing with the rm command and it worked if the list came
from a 'Documents' search , but when the list came from a 'System'
search the command wouldn't work.

As an example to track this bug ---->

1) Create a file named 'mtpaintxx' in /usr

2) Do a search for mtpaint in 'System' -->result list is correct

3) Execute command 'rm mtpaintx*'

The command is ignored.

______________________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 35 of 39 [582 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Filesystem
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0876s ][ Queries: 13 (0.0135s) ][ GZIP on ]