Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun 23 Nov 2014, 07:11
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Puppy Power
Puppy Linux, "an absolutely amazing Ubuntu alternative"
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
Monsie

PostPosted: Mon 12 Nov 2012, 04:14    Post subject:  Puppy Linux, "an absolutely amazing Ubuntu alternative"  

Hi all,

Well, I was rather surprised to find Puppy Linux mentioned in this article by tech writer Matt Hartley over at Datamation. I've found that he often writes about Ubuntu, and, to him it seems as if it (Ubuntu) is the Linux distro that really matters or matters the most... So, maybe puppy recognition just grew some more. Cool

Wait till he discovers Precise Puppy. That ought to be worth a feature article... Wink

Monsie

darkcity

PostPosted: Sat 17 Nov 2012, 15:23    Post subject:  

that good to see, maybe Puppy will get a mention on the Linux Action Show

http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/tag/linux-action-show/

Monsie

PostPosted: Mon 19 Nov 2012, 04:17    Post subject: Puppy Linux, "an absolutely amazing Ubuntu alternative"  

Thanks for the url, darkcity

I checked out the website. There is a calendar of upcoming broadcasts, but the details only seem to indicate the time of upcoming events, and not the topics to be covered during those events.

There is a forum however.... and it is a way to introduce topics for discussion... some of which could ostensibly become the subject of a future broadcast. Currently the developer of Pinguy OS is active on the forum, and while he is promoting his distro, he's also providing other good information for Linux based users. Here is a topic started by Pinguy which could get some Puppy enthusiasts involved:

http://www.jupitercolony.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25313

All in all, there's no need for any particular distro to dominate the forum discussion... there just needs to be an awareness, along with some interest and input from others.

Monsie

darkcity

PostPosted: Thu 22 Nov 2012, 09:10    Post subject:  

Thanks for the link to their forum, never looked that before.

The Linux action show is out every Sunday. I usually just watch and skip. Matt's always going "Now I like that!". ;- )

Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Puppy Power
Jump to: