Puppy Linux, "an absolutely amazing Ubuntu alternative"

Promote Puppy !
Monsie

#1 Post by Monsie »

Hi all,

Well, I was rather surprised to find Puppy Linux mentioned in this article by tech writer Matt Hartley over at Datamation. I've found that he often writes about Ubuntu, and, to him it seems as if it (Ubuntu) is the Linux distro that really matters or matters the most... So, maybe puppy recognition just grew some more. 8)

Wait till he discovers Precise Puppy. That ought to be worth a feature article... :wink:

Monsie
My [u]username[/u] is pronounced: "mun-see". Derived from my surname, it was my nickname throughout high school.

darkcity

#2 Post by darkcity »

that good to see, maybe Puppy will get a mention on the Linux Action Show

http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/tag/ ... tion-show/

Monsie

#3 Post by Monsie »

Thanks for the url, darkcity

I checked out the website. There is a calendar of upcoming broadcasts, but the details only seem to indicate the time of upcoming events, and not the topics to be covered during those events.

There is a forum however.... and it is a way to introduce topics for discussion... some of which could ostensibly become the subject of a future broadcast. Currently the developer of Pinguy OS is active on the forum, and while he is promoting his distro, he's also providing other good information for Linux based users. Here is a topic started by Pinguy which could get some Puppy enthusiasts involved:

http://www.jupitercolony.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25313

All in all, there's no need for any particular distro to dominate the forum discussion... there just needs to be an awareness, along with some interest and input from others.

Monsie
My [u]username[/u] is pronounced: "mun-see". Derived from my surname, it was my nickname throughout high school.

darkcity

#4 Post by darkcity »

Thanks for the link to their forum, never looked that before.

The Linux action show is out every Sunday. I usually just watch and skip. Matt's always going "Now I like that!". ;- )