Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 24 Oct 2014, 23:10
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Games
Minetest
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 2 of 3 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Author Message
Eldon

Joined: 09 Sep 2010
Posts: 110

PostPosted: Fri 24 Aug 2012, 14:49    Post_subject:  

daniell61 wrote:

HOWEVER these dependencies are missing: file /usr/bin/minetest has these missing library files:libGLU.so.1

The PETget package manager does not know what packages has these libraries (ps im a linux newb Razz )


http://wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html can help a lot.

As for missing libs, download this 60mb file http://www.smokey01.com/ttuuxxx/other/LIBS/libs-with-links.tar

Find the lib you're looking for if it's there and extract to /usr/lib/

GLU is opengl I think, so it may get fixed if you make sure you have mesa installed (IF you have an Intel integrated graphics processor).
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message Visit_website 
JSonic


Joined: 21 Aug 2011
Posts: 37
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sun 04 Nov 2012, 12:43    Post_subject:  Minetest 0.4.3
Sub_title: After a looong break :)
 

So, here it is: http://koti.mbnet.fi/juhani4/files/minetestc55-0.4.3-i686.pet.
Biggest changes:
* No translations this time (I was too lazy)
* Built with Precise Puppy

daniell61 wrote:

HOWEVER these dependencies are missing: file /usr/bin/minetest has these missing library files:libGLU.so.1

I'm pretty sure libGLU.so.1 is something graphics (driver) related, check if you have it installed properly. Please also test with this new version!
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
game sfs


Joined: 01 Oct 2012
Posts: 47

PostPosted: Tue 06 Nov 2012, 14:11    Post_subject:  

minetest: error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
muggins

Joined: 20 Jan 2006
Posts: 6688
Location: lisbon

PostPosted: Tue 06 Nov 2012, 17:58    Post_subject:  

Quote:
error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.8


Shouldn't be difficult problem to resolve...but would be useful to know which puppy you're using???
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
game sfs


Joined: 01 Oct 2012
Posts: 47

PostPosted: Wed 07 Nov 2012, 02:02    Post_subject:  

muggins wrote:
Quote:
error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.8


Shouldn't be difficult problem to resolve...but would be useful to know which puppy you're using???

Lucid Puppy 5.2.8 USB
Mobile INTEL 945

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
sunburnt


Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Posts: 5037
Location: Arizona, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Wed 07 Nov 2012, 18:39    Post_subject:  

game sfs; I`ve had to install that lib. to my Puppy 528 also.

I`m surprised it doesn`t already have it, it`s a well used lib.

### JSonic; Is it okay if I make a AppPkg from your MineTest game?
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
JSonic


Joined: 21 Aug 2011
Posts: 37
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Thu 08 Nov 2012, 15:42    Post_subject:  

sunburnt wrote:
### JSonic; Is it okay if I make a AppPkg from your MineTest game?

Please, go ahead, that's perfectly okay Smile

game sfs: Did you find that library?
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
game sfs


Joined: 01 Oct 2012
Posts: 47

PostPosted: Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:03    Post_subject:  

JSonic wrote:
game sfs: Did you find that library?

No !
Razz

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
JSonic


Joined: 21 Aug 2011
Posts: 37
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Fri 09 Nov 2012, 14:42    Post_subject:  

So could you please run this in terminal (urxvt, ROXterm) to see if there's more libraries not found:
Code:
ldd /usr/bin/minetest | grep "not found"

If there's many of them missing, I'll consider doing a build using an older Puppy version.

Btw, with Precise Puppy this would work without library problems, but I'm willing to support older Puppies too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
game sfs


Joined: 01 Oct 2012
Posts: 47

PostPosted: Fri 09 Nov 2012, 15:31    Post_subject:  

JSonic wrote:
So could you please run this in terminal (urxvt, ROXterm) to see if there's more libraries not found:
Code:
ldd /usr/bin/minetest | grep "not found"

If there's many of them missing, I'll consider doing a build using an older Puppy version.

Btw, with Precise Puppy this would work without library problems, but I'm willing to support older Puppies too.

ldd /usr/bin/minetest | grep "not found"
/usr/bin/minetest: /lib/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by /usr/bin/minetest)
/usr/bin/minetest: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /usr/bin/minetest)
/usr/bin/minetest: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by /usr/bin/minetest)
libjpeg.so.8 => not found

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
sunburnt


Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Posts: 5037
Location: Arizona, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Fri 09 Nov 2012, 18:56    Post_subject:  

Wow! Who built that Puppy? Even the C library is missing!

I`d help, but I don`t know what your Puppy was built on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
JSonic


Joined: 21 Aug 2011
Posts: 37
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sat 10 Nov 2012, 07:44    Post_subject:  

game sfs wrote:
/usr/bin/minetest: /lib/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by /usr/bin/minetest)
/usr/bin/minetest: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /usr/bin/minetest)
/usr/bin/minetest: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by /usr/bin/minetest)

sunburnt wrote:
Wow! Who built that Puppy? Even the C library is missing!

C library isn't missing but a different version Very Happy

So, I booted Lupu, and here is what I built: Minetest 0.4.3 for Lucid Puppy! I am pretty sure sure it should work (like I was with the previous one Rolling Eyes)
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
game sfs


Joined: 01 Oct 2012
Posts: 47

PostPosted: Sat 10 Nov 2012, 12:56    Post_subject:    

JSonic wrote:

C library isn't missing but a different version Very Happy

So, I booted Lupu, and here is what I built: Minetest 0.4.3 for Lucid Puppy! I am pretty sure sure it should work (like I was with the previous one Rolling Eyes)

The game worked successfully Very Happy
Ty...

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
kaeza

Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Thu 04 Apr 2013, 23:49    Post_subject:  

Is this package still being maintained?
Version 0.4.6 was just released.

_________________
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." -- Ambrose Redmoon
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
JSonic


Joined: 21 Aug 2011
Posts: 37
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sat 06 Apr 2013, 12:09    Post_subject:  

kaeza wrote:
Is this package still being maintained?
Version 0.4.6 was just released.

Okay, okay, I'll just boot Puppy Smile
A package should follow a bit later...
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 2 of 3 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Games
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0828s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0076s) ][ GZIP on ]