(SOLVED) Using Bones and Woof2 request for screencast Fossil

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
veronicathecow

(SOLVED) Using Bones and Woof2 request for screencast Fossil

#1 Post by veronicathecow »

SOLUTION
Oldyeller has slaved away burning the might L.E.D.s and made this brilliant instructional post
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=81762
Many thanks oldyeller

I am trying to make a puppy based on Precise Puppy 5.4 with my own tweaks but am struggling and I find seeing someone doing it helps.
I have looked on youtube in the hope that someone has already done a tutorial of some kind but no luck. Any volunteers please?
Many Thanks
Last edited by veronicathecow on Sat 27 Oct 2012, 08:35, edited 1 time in total.

arcanis

#2 Post by arcanis »

#! plus one! (+1)

oldyeller

Re: Using Bones and Woof request for a screencast

#3 Post by oldyeller »

veronicathecow wrote:I am trying to make a puppy based on Precise Puppy 5.4 with my own tweaks but am struggling and I find seeing someone doing it helps.
I have looked on youtube in the hope that someone has already done a tutorial of some kind but no luck. Any volunteers please?
Many Thanks
Hello veronicathecow & arcanis,

To build precise you will need to use woof2, This was not done with bones but with fossil.

Go here for How to http://bkhome.org/fossil/woof2.cgi/wiki ... +with+Woof

Cheers

veronicathecow

#4 Post by veronicathecow »

Thanks oldyeller, didn't realise that. Have now got to stage 3? (Precise) Where you are selecting packages. Trouble is it seems to have locked up . I clicked on remove package with the puzzle game highlighted and for the last 10 minutes it has been showing high processor usage but the window remains blank although there seems to be HDD activity (3ghz quad core Athlon with 2 Gb RAM so it should fly). It's running on an ext4 not a 2 or 3 so I wonder if that's a problem? Will leave it a while longer. (Just came up with choose pet packages) so will continue.

I have tried to continue I have got a screen saying "Choose pet packages" Trouble is there are around 2500 packages and each one i choose is taking upto 10 seconds to move to the right panel and I can only pick one at a time.

Perhaps I can amend my request for a screen cast of woof2 instead?
Thanks

oldyeller

#5 Post by oldyeller »

veronicathecow wrote:Thanks oldyeller, didn't realise that. Have now got to stage 3? (Precise) Where you are selecting packages. Trouble is it seems to have locked up . I clicked on remove package with the puzzle game highlighted and for the last 10 minutes it has been showing high processor usage but the window remains blank although there seems to be HDD activity (3ghz quad core Athlon with 2 Gb RAM so it should fly). It's running on an ext4 not a 2 or 3 so I wonder if that's a problem? Will leave it a while longer. (Just came up with choose pet packages) so will continue.

I have tried to continue I have got a screen saying "Choose pet packages" Trouble is there are around 2500 packages and each one i choose is taking upto 10 seconds to move to the right panel and I can only pick one at a time.

Perhaps I can amend my request for a screen cast of woof2 instead?
Thanks
Give me until Saturday afternoon US Eastern time and I will do screenshots of woof2 so that you can do a build and take it from there.

Cheers

veronicathecow

#6 Post by veronicathecow »

Hi oldyeller, yet another reason I love Puppy Linux, such a great community spirit :D Many thanks.

oldyeller

#7 Post by oldyeller »

veronicathecow wrote:Hi oldyeller, yet another reason I love Puppy Linux, such a great community spirit :D Many thanks.
Here you are http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=81762 hopes this will help you.

Cheers

veronicathecow

#8 Post by veronicathecow »

Hi oldyeller, wow many many thanks for that it must have taken you hours.
At the moment it's sunny here so I have to get on with outdoor stuff but I will have a go this evening when it gets chilly.
Cheers!