Fairly new version of Cairo-Dock for Slacko?

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
Chili Dog

Fairly new version of Cairo-Dock for Slacko?

#1 Post by Chili Dog »

I really wish there was a relatively recent version of Cairo-Dock available for Slacko. With all the awesome little animations and stuff. I have it on my Ubuntu computer, and it's way awesome.

I tried compiling it, but didn't have any luck. I know there's lots of smart people on here, and was hoping one of them would read this and maybe get it going.

It would be totally awesome to have this.

Sulphurcocky

I like Cairo too

#2 Post by Sulphurcocky »

I tried yesterday Thurs 08-11-2012 to see if I could get cairo-dock running on lucid 5.28 as I have it on AriOS-Ubuntu-11.04 and like it a lot, I searched for the packages on this forum and found some old ones gz's with deb's inside and pets but I was unable to get it running,the dock itself kept asking for more and more lib***.so's I use Glass and Float with the bandwidth monitor up to the main panel on the bottom middle - it's just nice.
But after looking at all the requirements I don't see it would be practible to put it in a distro, perhaps it could work for full install or as an SFS addin.

Arefacti

#3 Post by Arefacti »

Hello,
me too, wait it very hard !

Arefacti

#4 Post by Arefacti »

I obtained a first correct result with :

http://pkgs.org/slackware-13.1/slacky-i ... /download/

and :

http://pkgs.org/slackware-13.1/slacky-i ... /download/

but impossible to obtain the transparency, with the system menu on cairo-dock tuning, or with compiz.

compiz-helper tell me my card is okay, but impossible.

Chili Dog

#5 Post by Chili Dog »

All you have to do is click "System" and check "fake transparency".