Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 30 Oct 2014, 12:46
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
Precord mp3,wav,ogg,aac,flac recorder/player.
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 10 of 12 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
mcewanw

PostPosted: Thu 20 Sep 2012, 21:11    Post_subject: Precord 8.0.2 released. Now internationalised.
Sub_title: Please test, and upload translations to this thread.

It is advised to remove all traces of previous precord versions before installing this, though it probably doesn't matter.

Version 8.0.2 released. Dotpet in first post of this thread.
# Changes: Now Internationalised.
Please test, and upload translations to this thread.

Note: I don't want to change the interface size if possible. So if necessary, please abbreviate your translations to fit.

EDIT: Sorry, just discovered an introduced bug. I'll re-upload once I sort that out.

mcewanw

PostPosted: Fri 21 Sep 2012, 08:26    Post_subject: Precord 8.0.2 released. Internationalised. Fixed/re-uploaded
Sub_title: Please test, and upload translations to this thread.

'Fixed' and re-uploaded

Version 8.0.2 released. Download from first post in this thread.

It is advised to remove all traces of previous precord versions before installing new ones, though it probably doesn't matter.

Been lots of changes underneath so reports of it working/malfunctioning would be appreciated.

plankenstein

PostPosted: Fri 21 Sep 2012, 17:16    Post_subject:  

Just used the lucid version last night to record some youtube audio. Worked like a champ! Thank you so very much.
mcewanw

PostPosted: Fri 21 Sep 2012, 18:40    Post_subject: Precord 8.0.3 released. Internationalised
Sub_title: shortened the play stop button response time

Version 8.0.3 released. Download from first post in this thread.

It is advised to remove all traces of previous precord versions before installing new ones, though it probably doesn't matter.

# Changes: Just a small change from 8.0.2: I shortened the play stop button response time.

Now Internationalised.

Been lots of changes underneath recently so reports of it working/malfunctioning would be appreciated.

Pelo

PostPosted: Sat 22 Sep 2012, 03:43    Post_subject: ça ne marche pas avec Slacko 5.3.3
Sub_title: Impossible d'avoir une capture son

Although capture set in alsamixer, precord records nothing at all, but this tool works well in lucid and racy.
I think the problem is not Precord, but Slacko.

Obviously, XVIDCAP does not record too. I was trying precord to test.
I test Precord 8.0.3 with Lucid 5.2.8 and I come back to inform you.
Precord runs on Slacko 5.3.3 XFCE : 2014 with specific version for Slacko

Have a nice week-end
814.jpg
 Description   Settings by default
 Filesize   53.72 KB
 Viewed   77 Time(s)

814.jpg

Edited_times_total
Pelo

PostPosted: Sat 22 Sep 2012, 03:58    Post_subject: precord 8.03 works in macpup (based on lucid 5.2.8)
Sub_title: Not with Slacko 5.3.3

precord 8.03 works in macpup (based on lucid 5.2.Cool, Not with Slacko 5.3.3.

what should be the reason ?

Nevertheless, i thing that a recording tool must be present on any computer.

I have definitively trashed Slacko 5.3.3. Previous versions were safer.
pmusic.png
 Description   Precord reads well the file mp3 as soon as recorded when I push 'play button', but Pmusic does not want to read it !
 Filesize   210.52 KB
 Viewed   743 Time(s)

pmusic.png

mcewanw

PostPosted: Sat 22 Sep 2012, 06:34    Post_subject:  

Pelo, could you check the post here:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=650486#650486

That post was really about problems with flash, nevertheless your problem in Slacko may also be something to do with the wrong sound module or modules being detected and loaded by Slacko. I'm just curious if you could try these commands from that link post whilst in Slacko and then try Precord there again. Easiest way to set up Precord, after trying the commands from that link, is to press the Mixer button in Precord big GUI and make sure you have the Capture control turned high in Retrovol and have your Mic selected and Mic boost selected and also select and turn up PCM and the Master volume. All going well, the alsa VU rxvt display will verify that your Mic is working (or not). Glad to hear things are fine in your Lucid (Macpup) installation at least though.

On my old machine at home, Wary actually gave the least problems with alsa sound, but Slacko worked well for me after running the commands given in the above link. I imagine it all depends on your machine's hardware and most people probably have alsa sound detected correctly by Slacko and working without issue.

I actually used Slacko-5.3.3 for most of the development work in the most recent Precord release, and I'm using Slacko at the moment and Precord is working fine on my machine. I also have Lucid 5.2.8 and Wary 5.3 on this same machine, and I use them all pretty much equally and also for testing Precord.

EDIT: I forgot to suggest you first try simply re-initialising alsa on your Slacko system by running the command alsaconf from a console. Precord is, I'm sure you understand, just a frontend for controlling primarily the alsa sound processes arecord and aplay as well as ffmpeg. Precord won't work if your soundcard isn't being detected correctly such that the underlying alsa system is working. And the mixer controls also have to be set up correctly before recording.

Slacko-5.3.3 does come with the program mhWaveEdit (under submenu Multimedia) which can Record audio (click on its Play menu to find Record...). That has a nice active VU meter which may help you verify if your underlying sound system is functioning.

mcewanw

PostPosted: Sun 23 Sep 2012, 02:48    Post_subject: Precord Version 8.0.4 released.
Sub_title: Feature development freeze now. Just bug testing/fixes

Precord Version 8.0.4 released. Download from first post in this thread.

Tested on Slacko-5.3.3, Lupu-5.2.8 and Wary 5.3 (I'm currently downloading Precise to try it there too - should be fine...)

No further features planned for the moment. Just bug fixing this one. Been significant changes with this "final" so all testing and bug reports appreciated. No bugs known as yet... NOTE WELL:

Definitely remove all traces of previous precord versions before installing this. Once you remove previous installation using petget package manager you must also delete the hidden config file /root/.precord or the new precord won't start. This version has new variables which aren't in the previous config file. If ever precord fails to start just delete that config directory and the new config directory will auto rebuild next time you run precord after which all should be fine...

mcewanw

PostPosted: Mon 24 Sep 2012, 03:19    Post_subject: Precord Version 8.0.5 released.
Sub_title: More logical drag and drop facility. Code tidied up.

Version 8.0.5 released: More logical drag and drop facility:
File entry takes precedence over Directory entry on filepath decision. Tidied up some of the code. NOTE WELL:

Definitely remove all traces of previous precord versions before installing this. Once you remove previous installation using petget package manager you must also delete the hidden config file /root/.precord or the new precord won't start. This version has new variables which aren't in the previous config file. If ever precord fails to start just delete that config directory and the new config directory will auto rebuild next time you run precord after which all should be fine...

Flash
Official Dog Handler

PostPosted: Mon 24 Sep 2012, 08:55    Post_subject:  

Racy 5.3 comes with Precord preinstalled, so removing it before installing a newer version isn't really an option. Apparently the newer version installed over the older one without any problem. I played around with it a bit last night. Good job!
L18L

PostPosted: Mon 24 Sep 2012, 10:22    Post_subject: Re: Precord mp3,wav,ogg recorder/player version 8.0.5 released
Sub_title: Much improved directory selection handling and pause control

mcewanw wrote:
...Version 8.0.2 released.
Please test, and upload translations to this thread....

tested in puppy precise 5.3.93
fixed helpsetup using version 8.0.5-->8.0.6

Attached /usr/bin/precord-8.0.6 and
german translation which is far away from being perfect
precord.gz
Description  version 8.0.6
/usr/bin/precord
gz

Download 
Filename  precord.gz 
Filesize  39.2 KB 
Downloaded  332 Time(s) 
MoManager-de_DE-precord-8.0.6.tar.gz
Description  contains just
/usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/precord.mo
gz

Download 
Filename  MoManager-de_DE-precord-8.0.6.tar.gz 
Filesize  4.55 KB 
Downloaded  319 Time(s) 
mcewanw

PostPosted: Mon 24 Sep 2012, 19:19    Post_subject:  

@L18L: thanks for that. I hadn't tested that the gettexts all worked. I had already almost completed version 8.0.6 (for other reasons) so I modified the helptext so that it can now be internationalised too.

The main problem actually was that I had failed to escape a few single quotes, which was mucking up gettext operation. I have therefore modified the help text slightly to fix that. I also split the printf statements into smaller parts of around ten lines each as an aid to the translators. Hope your earlier translation is easy to modify for the new precord version.

mcewanw

PostPosted: Mon 24 Sep 2012, 19:28    Post_subject: Precord mp3,wav,ogg recorder/player version 8.0.6 released
Sub_title: Rearranged the small GUI to allow partial dragging off-screen

Version 8.0.6: Rearranged the small GUI such that the rec/play buttons come first. That way the small GUI can be dragged part way off the right hand side of the screen and still be operatable.
Fixed helpsetup for internationalisation (thanks L18L for the pointer).

To take up the least real estate possible, when in small GUI mode you can now drag precord off the right hand screen edge so only rec, pause and stop buttons are visible. Only occupies around 100pixels wide that way. I often right click its menu bar and put precord as Layer Top, when browsing or using it to record skype conversations. Hence my wish to minimise the screen realestate needed for operation. For example, note that Precord is simply the three buttons at the very top right of the screen capture at the foot of this post:

NOTE WELL:

To be sure the new version will start, prior to installation you should definitely delete any pre-existing hidden config file /root/.precord (glad it ran okay for you anyway Flash). This version has new variables which aren't in the config file of some earlier versions. If ever precord fails to start just delete that config directory and the new config directory will auto rebuild next time you run precord after which all should be fine...
UsingTinyPrecord.jpg
 Description   Using precord as Layer Top whilst skyping
 Filesize   56.31 KB
 Viewed   651 Time(s)

UsingTinyPrecord.jpg

L18L

PostPosted: Tue 25 Sep 2012, 15:25    Post_subject: helpsetup
Sub_title: just one printf !

mcewanw wrote:
... I also split the printf statements into smaller parts of around ten lines each as an aid to the translators. ...

try to delete each "printf " after the first one
and the help is displayed in its entire length Wink
mcewanw

PostPosted: Tue 25 Sep 2012, 18:11    Post_subject: Re: helpsetup
Sub_title: just one printf !

L18L wrote:
mcewanw wrote:
... I also split the printf statements into smaller parts of around ten lines each as an aid to the translators. ...

try to delete each "printf " after the first one
and the help is displayed in its entire length :wink:

Yes. I know that! :-)

I split it in purpose per the offiicial guidelines of gnu.org gettext documentation/manual, section 4.3 Preparing Translatable Strings

Please refer to: http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/gettext.html#Translators

gnu.org wrote:

Translatable strings should be limited to one paragraph; don't let a single message be longer than ten lines. The reason is that when the translatable string changes, the translator is faced with the task of updating the entire translated string. Maybe only a single word will have changed in the English string, but the translator doesn't see that (with the current translation tools), therefore she has to proofread the entire message.

Many GNU programs have a ‘--help’ output that extends over several screen pages. It is a courtesy towards the translators to split such a message into several ones of five to ten lines each.

EDIT: @L18L: Please note that version 8.0.7 is released. It includes a change to STOP RECORD button functionality so also includes one small change to a gettext string also (the STOP RECORD label).

Edited_time_total
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 10 of 12 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum