Gigabit Wireless is HERE!

News, happenings
gcmartin

Gigabit Wireless is HERE!

#1 Post by gcmartin »

Just setup a corp with their first ever Gigabit Wireless technology.

Its faster than their wired Gigabit PC LAN adapters.
*Maximum Performance derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications (draft specifications for 802.11ac). Actual performance can vary, including lower wireless network capacity, data throughput rate, range and coverage. Performance depends upon many factors, conditions and variables, including products used, interference and other adverse conditions. 802.11ac 1300 Mbps in the 5GHz Band is approximately 3 x faster than 802.11n 450 Mbps in the 2.4GHz Band. An 802.11ac adapter will be needed to achieve 11ac data rates and up to 1300 Mbps wireless speeds may be achieved when connecting to other 802.11ac 1300 Mbps devices.
Technology is moving ahead within the home/office wireless needs and use.

This newer technology was less than $200 (Canadian)

Expect some sudden drops in current router cost for older technology.

Here to help
Last edited by gcmartin on Thu 29 Aug 2013, 05:18, edited 1 time in total.

gcmartin

WiFi Announcements will have a major impact on our Puppy use

#2 Post by gcmartin »

I have been waiting for this to not be "Confidential"anymore. IT IS NOT CONFIDENTIAL and the industry is already making products to use this.

Wi-Fi Alliance Announcement

Yesterday, I share a "major" change in technology development for LAN communications. Its was presented in such a way as to make it easy for community understanding and the understanding of how this will affect cost for LAN equipment we will see soon in routers and APs.

As a few of us understand, the LAN is undergoing some major changes to improve our lives as we become more and more connected within the home/office as well as device by device linking for productive interaction, use and sharing.

Today, I share another "MAJOR" Announcement on your LAN as this is going to revolutionize traffic between your LAN devices and everything else on your LAN (well most everything, anyhow).

Today's Announcement

cthisbear

#3 Post by cthisbear »

A better link.

Wi-Fi Alliance® now certifying Tunneled Direct Link Setup

http://www.wi-fi.org/media/press-releas ... link-setup

Chris.

gcmartin

Gigabit Wireless available to homes, students, businesses

#4 Post by gcmartin »

Wrieless Gigabit standard device speeds exceeds wired Ethernet. Wireless speeds are as follows:
  • 3 modes
  • 1200Mbps
  • 1600Mbps
  • 1750Mbps
Routers with this LAN capability are made by Belkin (Linksys), Netgear, ASUS, D-Link,TRENDnet, Intel adapters, etc.

Here to help

gcmartin

#5 Post by gcmartin »

Here is an article explaining WiFi Ethernet technology. Some may find this useful in understanding what has already been put in place and what is upcoming.

Currently, today (2013) technology, 802.11ac is valuable in packet collision reduction on a local LAN.

FYI

anikin

Re: WiFi Announcements will have a major impact on our Puppy use

#6 Post by anikin »

gcmartin wrote:I have been waiting for this to not be "Confidential"anymore. IT IS NOT CONFIDENTIAL and the industry is already making products to use this.
If I understand these posts correctly, you single-handedly made it 'to not be "Confidential"anymore' for the whole industry. Belkin (Linksys), Netgear, ASUS, D-Link,TRENDnet, Intel adapters, etc. have been waiting to hear this announcement, so that to start shipping their products and make a little profit for themselves. How gracious of you!

gcmartin

#7 Post by gcmartin »

An interesting conclusion you draw about the announcement of a technology. Hope the technology makes for good application and use.

The phones arriving soon will have all this technology as a base LAN technology. Routers and wireless cards are already in the marketplace.

And, the older technology routers have dropped in prices. I recently saw an ad for a 300Mbps dual-band router for $25 (Ca). It was listed as a refurb, but I wonder if ...

Here to help