Lucid Puppy 5.2.8 - Updated ISO Version 005 - APR 05 2012

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
darkcity

#2121 Post by darkcity »

Wikis are quite good for organising data 8)

Atle

From words to action..

#2122 Post by Atle »

I have honestly not seen a wiki as a repository yet, but why not make a repository that looks like one?

If you look at Linux Mint, I think apart from being great distro, the way they organize their programs with a nice GÙI and some text that comes with it, is a key to success as most users wants just to find, understand what it does, download and install a program and then find it in the right part of their menu

Now anyone that like to contribute to a NEW and easy to maneuver can take a look at lucid.schoolux.org. Its a plattform for cooperation and uses software especially for organizing downloads and creating directories and so forth...

playdayz

#2123 Post by playdayz »

I am sorry to say that I will not be able to work on Puppy anymore. My wife has a disabling illness, Multiple Sclerosis. The drugs are better than they used to be so the quality of her life is decent, but we are involved in the worst nightmare of my life with lawyers and insurance corporations simply trying to receive basic medical care (because we live in the U.S.). I simply have to shut down anything else that requires energy other than earning enough to pay the medical bills and trying to receive what the insurance companies had promised. I know that many of you wish us well and it means more than I can say to know such fine people around the world. Cheers, Larry

RSH

#2124 Post by RSH »

Hi Larry,

I'm sorry to hear (read) that and i wish you all the very best. Also i want to say, I'm just glad to be born and living in Germany ---> we have medical care for each and every citizen in our country (we call this Gesetzliche Krankenversicherung).

Also i want to say thank you to all the American people, because of fighting in the 2nd world war, striking down the German-Terror-Regime (1933-1945) and making me able that way to live my life just as i would live in paradise.

Wish you well

Rainer
[b][url=http://lazy-puppy.weebly.com]LazY Puppy[/url][/b]
[b][url=http://rshs-dna.weebly.com]RSH's DNA[/url][/b]
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=91422][b]SARA B.[/b][/url]

radky

#2125 Post by radky »

Larry,

We extend our sincere appreciation to you for your involvement in this world-wide community, and our thoughts are with your family in this difficult time.

Best Regards,
Roger

Minnesota

Larry

#2126 Post by Minnesota »

Larry:

Trust you will get the paperwork and system resolved and be back with us soon. Very sorry to hear your wife is not well. Health is very important and we often do not appreciate it when we have it.

GET the best lawyer you can find! Keep your chin up! Sun still rises in the East!

Take the time you need and THANKS, THANKS, Thanks for all you have given to the community.

Greg

SFR

#2127 Post by SFR »

Larry, that's really sad news...
I believe everything's gonna be ok for both of you.

PS. I never had an occasion to do so: thank you for the best Puppy I have ever used and by which I've really started my Linux experience.

Take care & Greetings!
[color=red][size=75][O]bdurate [R]ules [D]estroy [E]nthusiastic [R]ebels => [C]reative [H]umans [A]lways [O]pen [S]ource[/size][/color]
[b][color=green]Omnia mea mecum porto.[/color][/b]

ilanrab

#2128 Post by ilanrab »

Larry,
Thank you so much for the great effort on the Puppy development and support.
Good luck with your real life. I wish you and your family all the best.

In case any of you, out there, know of the "perfect" legal contact(s); ones that could lend Larry's wonderful family a hand, please provide those vital connections to Larry.

Thanks again, Larry. Great job!
ir
[b]ir[/b]

Sylvander

#2129 Post by Sylvander »

playdayz wrote:My wife has a disabling illness, Multiple Sclerosis.
My wife works in the national office, near Edinburgh, of the Multiple Sclerosis Society, Scotland.
She is a self management administrator, organizing self management courses for people with MS and other long-term health conditions.

These courses originated in the USA, through Stanford University.
The book supplied, and used during the course by the participants here in Scotland, is I believe, published and printed in the USA.
Title = "Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions".

bigpup

#2130 Post by bigpup »

Larry,

Very sorry to hear about your wifes illness. We all wish her the best and truly wish there was something we could do to help. I too live in the US and know your pain in dealing with insurance companies. Just remember, there is a solution to any problem.
One thing that can help is getting in contact with a local Multiple Sclerosis support group. There should be one in your location. These people have been dealing with the same issues, as you and your wife, and can be a great source of help and information.
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

nilsonmorales

#2131 Post by nilsonmorales »

Larry
la comunidad hispana lamenta que tengas que retirarte de puppy
pero no te preocupes dedica todo el tiempo nesesario a tu esposa y familia
nuestros mejores deseos y bendiciones a ti y a los tuyos

01micko

#2132 Post by 01micko »

Speechless.

Initial shock over.

Warmest wishes to your wife, you and your family mate from me and my family.

Please, don't be too proud to whack a "Donate" button on diddywahdiddy domain.

best, Mick
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

sc0ttman

we wish you all the best, playdayz

#2133 Post by sc0ttman »

Very sorry indeed to hear that news, playdayz. Coming from the UK, we expect free treatment for everything, no matter how 'pre-existing' or serious. We take free healthcare for granted, until it's something serious.. It's so hard to think anyone would deny vital health care for money.

I wish you, your wife and family all the very, very best, and hope you manage to overcome these challenges and look to a much brighter future...

You will always be a legend round these parts, and have produced one (or more) of the greatest, most rock-solid Pups ever... Which for most of us here, means one of the best Linuxes ever, full stop.

Please do post donation links, and or any info or help that you're looking for - a LOT of people on this forum owe you big time for all your great work, and I am sure wherever possible, people here will help any way they can.

To everyone else, if you used or enjoyed Lucid Puppy, think how you or others like you can best support Larry.
[b][url=https://bit.ly/2KjtxoD]Pkg[/url], [url=https://bit.ly/2U6dzxV]mdsh[/url], [url=https://bit.ly/2G49OE8]Woofy[/url], [url=http://goo.gl/bzBU1]Akita[/url], [url=http://goo.gl/SO5ug]VLC-GTK[/url], [url=https://tiny.cc/c2hnfz]Search[/url][/b]

Ray MK

#2134 Post by Ray MK »

As above - can’t express adequately how much we all owe you for everything that you have done for us here - and how very sad we are to hear of your difficulties.

Sincerely hope and pray that all becomes well in good time.

Warmest regards to you and your family - Ray
[b]Asus[/b] 701SD. 2gig ram. 8gb SSD. [b]IBM A21m[/b] laptop. 192mb ram. PIII Coppermine proc. [b]X60[/b] T2400 1.8Ghz proc. 2gig ram. 80gb hdd. [b]T41[/b] Pentium M 1400Mhz. 512mb ram.

Karl Godt

#2135 Post by Karl Godt »

Yust rowing in here to wish the very best.

Booted accidentally Macpup-511 frugal recently based upon your 511 and everything was nice . FF-3.6.6 with flash was very low beneath 0.1 loadavrg . Xorg-1.7.x worked ootb with the dpms screensaver that seems not to work anymore on Xorg-1.3.0 from Puppy-4 series with my newish LCD monitor .

Can't help much, I personally dislike the german health system, which had many changes the past 20 years to increase the "additional charges" to be paid by the patients and dropped a lot of free services . In my town the medicine students are the largest bulk of more then 2000, followed by the students of law. I believe in that no-one knows everything and most Dr. are too lazy to fetch a lexcion additionally . So to inform yourself by books is also a recommendation by me .

Maybe a radical change of environment might help, at least mentally . Maybe 50% of humans have a good life because 50% are suffering . Better the children are healthy than the parents. Maybe that is " needed " for the future job-pre-stamping of them . Using a keyboard drives the strenght out of my arms , too - really . Curse of Modern Times .

shinobar

Thanks to Larry from the Japanese team

#2136 Post by shinobar »

Thanks to Larry from the Japanese team.
Your work is followed in the lupu-528JP.
We wish you and your family all the best.
Downloads for Puppy Linux [url]http://shino.pos.to/linux/downloads.html[/url]

rjbrewer

#2137 Post by rjbrewer »

Wishing you the best of luck and happiness.

Recently acquired a MSI netbook with the intention of
installing Mac Snow Leopard; but I'm very pleased and content with the Lucid 528 install I have now.

Thanks for being part of Puppy.

Inspiron 700m, Pent.M 1.6Ghz, 1Gb ram.
Msi Wind U100, N270 1.6>2.0Ghz, 1.5Gb ram.
Eeepc 8g 701, 900Mhz, 1Gb ram.
Full installs

greengeek

#2138 Post by greengeek »

Hi Larry - I do hope your wife sees some improvement in her condition. My sister-in-law has the same thing and swears by sun exposure and minimalist diet as well as all the medical stuff as a way of keeping on top of it as much as possible.

Wishing you all the best - and thanks for what you've achieved. It's amazing.

smokey01

#2139 Post by smokey01 »

Larry, thanks for all you have done. You will be missed but it's far more important to spend time with your wife than with us. I understand your pain and frustration, my brother has the same condition.

Good luck and please pass on my regards and best wishes to your wife and family.

Have faith, lots of good work is being done in this area of medicine.

Atle

#2140 Post by Atle »

Sure hope things works out for your family Playdayz.

Very sorry to hear this.

I hope that this can a motivation for others to now show that the path you walked with Lucid can be kept up by others.

Best of luck with the new challenges and hope they will work out so you get time to have some "Puppy Playdayz" again...

Atle