Hurrican

Play with your Puppy.
SFR

#21 Post by SFR »

I see " also, instead of normal keys, but only in comments during tutorial stage.
Under Preferences -> Configure Controls I can see the keys and am able to redefine'em (see screenshot).
Did you try to redefine the keys?

To learn special combinations, you may take a look at raw tutorial text, it's in /usr/game/hurrican/english.lng
//---------- Tutorial Texts ----------//
Welcome to the Hurrican tutorial level. Here you'll learn the basic controls. You can move left and right by pressing KEY_LEFT or KEY_RIGHT. You can crouch by pressing KEY_CROUCH. Now look around a bit. There are more hints like this in this level.
[...]
The problem is that, for some reason, those "constants" like KEY_LEFT aren't converted and displayed as a real keys during the tutorial...

Greetings!
Attachments
keys.png
(106.1 KiB) Downloaded 411 times
[color=red][size=75][O]bdurate [R]ules [D]estroy [E]nthusiastic [R]ebels => [C]reative [H]umans [A]lways [O]pen [S]ource[/size][/color]
[b][color=green]Omnia mea mecum porto.[/color][/b]

scabz

#22 Post by scabz »

I can not seem to find the source code for this game, can sonmeone help me find it?

SFR

#23 Post by SFR »

scabz wrote:I can not seem to find the source code for this game, can sonmeone help me find it?
Scabz, check it out:
http://phoronix.com/forums/showthread.p ... n-SDL-Port

Greetings!
[color=red][size=75][O]bdurate [R]ules [D]estroy [E]nthusiastic [R]ebels => [C]reative [H]umans [A]lways [O]pen [S]ource[/size][/color]
[b][color=green]Omnia mea mecum porto.[/color][/b]

scabz

#24 Post by scabz »

Thanks SFR

8-bit

#25 Post by 8-bit »

Thank you for the information on keyboard setup.
Now I really would like to get my multi-button ms sidewinder gamepad to work with the game.
But I cannot remember the steps needed to set it up as the last time I had it working was with Puppy 2.17!
I currently do not know if I have the gamepad set up correctly.
In the Hurrican Configuration screen, all that is shown is "keyboard" and pressing RETURN on it does not change it to Joystick.
I just think that using a joystick with the game would be nice.
Also, joystick is listed in the docs for it.