Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 30 Jul 2014, 19:25
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Saluki
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 234 of 250 [3742 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, ..., 248, 249, 250 Next
KJ

PostPosted: Sun 26 Aug 2012, 10:00    Post subject: unwanted auto saves  

aarf .... there may be some help for your auto save problems discussed on pages 219 ... 223 of this thread.

I've been running a frugal "manual save only" mode (13) in Saluki (and other Puppies) using USB and SD flash drives for a long time with very little problem. Just by setting the save interval to "0" with no "+or-". You can check out /etc/rc.d/rc.shutdown around line # 988 to see if it is set to "0" there. You can also change the time delay before "no save" auto shutdown in this section.

(In Saluki 22) I also had toI open /sbin/pup_event_frontend_d with 'defaulttexteditor' and changed line 9 from ramsaveinterval=30 to:

Code:
[ "$RAMSAVEINTERVAL" = "" ] && RAMSAVEINTERVAL=0 #412

That fixed the auto save problem for me. ... no problems since June. Hope this helps ....KJ
mavrothal

PostPosted: Mon 27 Aug 2012, 12:51    Post subject:  

Any news from Jemimah, anyone?
She had "disapeared" before, but is good to know that at least she is "ok" and hopefully on other venues/priorities.

aarf

PostPosted: Mon 27 Aug 2012, 14:11    Post subject: Re: unwanted auto saves  

KJ wrote:
aarf .... there may be some help for your auto save problems discussed on pages 219 ... 223 of this thread.

I've been running a frugal "manual save only" mode (13) in Saluki (and other Puppies) using USB and SD flash drives for a long time with very little problem. Just by setting the save interval to "0" with no "+or-". You can check out /etc/rc.d/rc.shutdown around line # 988 to see if it is set to "0" there. You can also change the time delay before "no save" auto shutdown in this section.

(In Saluki 22) I also had toI open /sbin/pup_event_frontend_d with 'defaulttexteditor' and changed line 9 from ramsaveinterval=30 to:

Code:
[ "$RAMSAVEINTERVAL" = "" ] && RAMSAVEINTERVAL=0 #412

That fixed the auto save problem for me. ... no problems since June. Hope this helps ....KJ
thanks KL, i had at look at it but done nothing. Not a huge problem. Reported mainly to note a fix is required in saluki or somewhere.

ASUS EeePC Flare series 1025C 4x Intel Atom N2800 @ 1.86GHz RAM 2063MB 800x600p ATA 320G
_-¤-_

<º))))><.¸¸.•´¯`•.#.•´¯`•.¸¸. ><((((º>
greengeek

PostPosted: Mon 27 Aug 2012, 14:43    Post subject: Re: unwanted auto saves  

aarf wrote:
i had at look at it but done nothing. Not a huge problem. Reported mainly to note a fix is required in saluki or somewhere.
Hi aarf, which browser are you using? I've been getting a bit suspicious of some of the self-updating behaviour of browsers lately.

Do you have updating enabled in your browser? I prefer to prevent my browser from ndoing any updates, and I certainly don't want it saving those updates to my savefile. (but I suspect some browsers do exhibit that behaviour...)
Geoffrey

PostPosted: Mon 27 Aug 2012, 20:47    Post subject:  

mavrothal wrote:
Any news from Jemimah, anyone?
She had "disapeared" before, but is good to know that at least she is "ok" and hopefully on other venues/priorities.

I've been putting off saying anything in regard to Jemimah, the last message I received from her was asking me if I would look after the Repo in case she went AWOL again, after she sent me the password I haven't heard from her, she hasn't retrieved any messages from my outbox and there are no post's from her since the 7th of July.

I 've been hoping that she would return before anybody actually asked her whereabouts, but this day had to come, at the moment there is only me and elroy maintaining the repo, as elroy is a moderator on the Saluki forum, he is able to keep it organized removing spam and answering questions to the new members, we have no admin so we are in limbo until Jemimah returns.

If anyone does have any other means of contacting Jemimah, it may pay to give her a call to check on her well being.

At a guess I'd say this maybe due to her failed employment, I'll say no more as it would only be speculation.

aarf

PostPosted: Mon 27 Aug 2012, 22:18    Post subject: Re: unwanted auto saves  

greengeek wrote:
aarf wrote:
i had at look at it but done nothing. Not a huge problem. Reported mainly to note a fix is required in saluki or somewhere.
Hi aarf, which browser are you using? I've been getting a bit suspicious of some of the self-updating behaviour of browsers lately.

Do you have updating enabled in your browser? I prefer to prevent my browser from ndoing any updates, and I certainly don't want it saving those updates to my savefile. (but I suspect some browsers do exhibit that behaviour...)
at present i am running operamini (outside of pupsave) in java microemulator which wont update itself so not the cause for me here. other times opera from is own partition which also doesnt auto update for linux. occasionally midori whose behaviour i dont know but with my current connection it cant access the internet for updates. ramsaveinterval as above is thirty, even though i did the change to -0 via the gui.

ASUS EeePC Flare series 1025C 4x Intel Atom N2800 @ 1.86GHz RAM 2063MB 800x600p ATA 320G
_-¤-_

<º))))><.¸¸.•´¯`•.#.•´¯`•.¸¸. ><((((º>
starhawk

PostPosted: Mon 27 Aug 2012, 23:53    Post subject:  

Of note... jemimah lives in Tampa FL according to her profile. She may have gotten affected by the floods a month or so back... and considering there's a hurricane AND the RNC headed towards that city, I don't want to think about what could happen...

Of note, I'm friends with lookinglass360, who lives in Largo FL and I've not heard from him since the aforementioned flooding as well. Sent him two PMs. I hope he just got his computers wet or something, and that he's OK and out there... I've long since lost his phone # so I can't exactly check up on him.

elroy

PostPosted: Tue 28 Aug 2012, 04:53    Post subject: jemimah's disappearance  

I agree with what Geoffrey said concerning jemimah's absence. And to reiterate, until we know, we don't know.

Each and every one of us that have come into contact with jemimah may have reason to be concerned about her, But let's be responsible and not fuel speculation.
greengeek

PostPosted: Tue 28 Aug 2012, 05:00    Post subject:  

Geoffrey wrote:
I'll say no more as it would only be speculation.
Hoping that she's ok. The job change would have been a blow. She's obviously a smart cookie and has quite a talent for knocking up a nice clean bit of code so it's quite surprising that it didn't work out with the SAN thing. Hopefully she'll bounce back. Nasty bit of weather coming that way.
Puppyt

PostPosted: Tue 28 Aug 2012, 07:31    Post subject:  

jemimah you so rock. Stay safe.
Best Wishes

elroy

PostPosted: Tue 28 Aug 2012, 18:07    Post subject: XfcePowerTools Pet  

Change extra Xfce desktop settings that are not available in the Control Panel with an easy to use GUI.

Change the desktop icon grid size, the icon text color, the icon text background color and/or transparency, and more. All without having to restart X Windows, so that you can make changes and see if it's what you want in a timely fashion, and then make more if you so desire.

Details available here.
magerlab

PostPosted: Wed 29 Aug 2012, 09:31    Post subject:  

unfortunately got this

# xfce_Power_Tools-0.0.3

(gtkdialog:1157): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_spin_button_new_with_range: assertion `step != 0.0' failed

(gtkdialog:1157): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_spin_button_set_value: assertion `GTK_IS_SPIN_BUTTON (spin_button)' failed
ERROR:variables.c:113:variables_new_with_widget: assertion failed: (widget != NULL)
/usr/sbin/xfce_Power_Tools-0.0.3: line 273: 1157 Aborted gtkdialog --center --program=win_main
saluki 023.

elroy

PostPosted: Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:48    Post subject: xfce_Power_Tools error  

magerlab, which language locale does your Saluki use that you experienced this error on?
magerlab

PostPosted: Wed 29 Aug 2012, 14:42    Post subject:  

Russian locale
elroy

PostPosted: Wed 29 Aug 2012, 15:17    Post subject: xfcePowerTools error  

Thanks for the feedback, magerlab.

I suspect it has to do with the locale representation of real numbers. I coded it using 0.0 instead of 0,0 -
a period instead of a comma.

I'll try to get an updated version out soon to address this. Thanks again for the feedback.
Page 234 of 250 [3742 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, ..., 248, 249, 250 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to: