Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 17 Sep 2014, 03:57
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Ov-Precise updated iso starts on page 8 No longer AVAILABLE
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 10 of 11 [163 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
oldyeller

PostPosted: Wed 22 Aug 2012, 16:21    Post subject:  

scabz wrote:
maybe later, if i can get it to compile i will post it.

Hey no problem!! I do very much appreciate all the pets and sfs's you have already done for precise Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers
pemasu

PostPosted: Wed 22 Aug 2012, 17:00    Post subject:  

Even though these builds are announced in Derivates section...there seems to be people whom are confused about the naming of these Precise Puppy derivatives ie puplets. Barry Kauler posted about it in his blog.
It might be good idea to change the corresponding name of the puplet. Also Barry Kauler will continue to upload new version with fixes he has found from his announcement thread. I have pointed to oldyeller thread in his thread...so that all these great new compiled apps would be found. I think that scabz has done great work. Clementine is not the easiest to compile due to several dependencies and need for the gstreamer support which is not natively in Puppies.

Of course this naming suggestion is just my humble opinion and not anykind request. I would like to remind that the awakening of these builds was due to silence of development of Precise Puppy. All this work benefits the Precise Puppy...by interest, usage, feedback and bug reports.
Now Barry Kauler has announced that the focus is again with Precise Puppy and so...the naming should not be confusing.

I have spent my spare time with debian wheezy puplet, strictly unofficial woof build. The package structure and libs location change is the same as with Precise Pangolin and so...the work with Precise Puppy benefits almost straight me also. Also the woof fixes for Precise Puppy are almost workable for debian wheezy puplet...sometimes slight modifications are needed (when there is straight pointing to the Precise Puppy)
I had and have quite overwhelming problem with my touchpad movement precision and Precise Puppy. Nothing I have done has cured it. I posted about my problem early in the Precise Puppy thread. It looks like debian wheezy xorg behaves better...just like squeeze has done...that is one of the reasons I concentrate now to the debian wheezy puplet.

http://bkhome.org/blog/?viewDetailed=02958

Posted on 22 Aug 2012, 9:17 by vicmz
Precise beta3 vs. Precise 5.3
I'm a bit confused. I maintain a forum page in Spanish where langpack_es is offered along with versions of Puppy that are translatable with the language pack. Which should I post as oficial build, Precise beta3 or Precise 5.3?

Posted on 22 Aug 2012, 23:05 by BarryK
Re Precise 5.3
I have no control over what people post in the Forum.
I also noted the word "official" being used somewhere inappropriate in the Forum, don't recall exactly.
There is no official Precise 5.3.
oldyeller

PostPosted: Wed 22 Aug 2012, 17:43    Post subject:  

pemasu wrote:
Even though these builds are announced in Derivates section...there seems to be people whom are confused about the naming of these Precise Puppy derivatives ie puplets. Barry Kauler posted about it in his blog.
It might be good idea to change the corresponding name of the puplet. Also Barry Kauler will continue to upload new version with fixes he has found from his announcement thread. I have pointed to oldyeller thread in his thread...so that all these great new compiled apps would be found. I think that scabz has done great work. Clementine is not the easiest to compile due to several dependencies and need for the gstreamer support which is not natively in Puppies.

Of course this naming suggestion is just my humble opinion and not anykind request. I would like to remind that the awakening of these builds was due to silence of development of Precise Puppy. All this work benefits the Precise Puppy...by interest, usage, feedback and bug reports.
Now Barry Kauler has announced that the focus is again with Precise Puppy and so...the naming should not be confusing.

I have spent my spare time with debian wheezy puplet, strictly unofficial woof build. The package structure and libs location change is the same as with Precise Pangolin and so...the work with Precise Puppy benefits almost straight me also. Also the woof fixes for Precise Puppy are almost workable for debian wheezy puplet...sometimes slight modifications are needed (when there is straight pointing to the Precise Puppy)
I had and have quite overwhelming problem with my touchpad movement precision and Precise Puppy. Nothing I have done has cured it. I posted about my problem early in the Precise Puppy thread. It looks like debian wheezy xorg behaves better...just like squeeze has done...that is one of the reasons I concentrate now to the debian wheezy puplet.

http://bkhome.org/blog/?viewDetailed=02958

Posted on 22 Aug 2012, 9:17 by vicmz
Precise beta3 vs. Precise 5.3
I'm a bit confused. I maintain a forum page in Spanish where langpack_es is offered along with versions of Puppy that are translatable with the language pack. Which should I post as oficial build, Precise beta3 or Precise 5.3?

Posted on 22 Aug 2012, 23:05 by BarryK
Re Precise 5.3
I have no control over what people post in the Forum.
I also noted the word "official" being used somewhere inappropriate in the Forum, don't recall exactly.
There is no official Precise 5.3.

You are very correct about this will fix all thread today,
don570

PostPosted: Wed 22 Aug 2012, 19:53    Post subject:  

Note to oldyeller:

Is there any way you can change the name of this distribution
from Precise?

PostPosted: Wed 22 Aug 2012, 23:04    Post subject:  

Sorry, when I saw the version number and then read BarryK's blog, I automatically got confused, I must say I was very impulsive. And although my comment on the blog post was a simple request for information, now that I read it again it looks like the type of comments I usually begin by writing "Sorry", for the readers can't see any gestures and etc.
I agree about the renaming, it's as simple as changing to, for example, Precise OV, i.e. Oldyeller's Version. AND it's going to be one of the first puplets within the new internationalisation system, this means more users and testers.
oldyeller

PostPosted: Thu 23 Aug 2012, 16:30    Post subject:  

I have renamed my Precise to Ov-Precise ie; oldyeller version

This is not a new iso I just have renamed it.
scabz

PostPosted: Sat 25 Aug 2012, 19:12    Post subject:  

here is gimp 2.8.2 compiled in percise, dont know if anyone has compiled gimp yet but i like to compile stuff for myself anyway.

Gimp 2.8.2

gimp-2.8.2-percise.sfs Download includes all dependencies.
gimp-2.8.2-percise.pet Download same as above but a pet, warning takes up alot of space in your savefile.

gimp-2.8.2-i486.pet Download includes no dependencies, needs babl-0.1.10-i486.pet and gegl-0.2.0-i486.pet to work.

DEV, DOC and NLS pets are in my repo http://www.mediafire.com/?gh5x8eblxp8a0

oldyeller i have not forgot about bibletime, I am just compiling stuff my girlfriend and i need first. maybe i will try to compile it in a few days or so.
oldyeller

PostPosted: Sun 26 Aug 2012, 13:43    Post subject:  

I will get your pets in the upup repo. I am trying to come up with a sfs downloader so I can upload them.

No hurry on bibletime just when ever you have the time.
oldyeller

PostPosted: Mon 27 Aug 2012, 19:41    Post subject:  

I have just updated the upup repo with gimp-2.8.2 and it's dependences by scabz. click on gimp and it will download the dependences.

I also uploaded more apps by radky

Cheers
oldyeller

PostPosted: Tue 28 Aug 2012, 21:52    Post subject:  

Hello Everyone,

I just added a new pet it is GetSfs-0.2 thanks to stu91; just update the upup repo. This pet will download and install sfs.

As long as you have yad and sfs-load-onthe-fly which of course you do.

enjoy

Cheers
oldyeller

PostPosted: Fri 31 Aug 2012, 14:49    Post subject:  

Hello again,

I have just uploaded some more pets to upup repo,

1) Bulefish-2.2.2
2) bibletime-2.8.1 with all dependences 44mb
3) qt4config
All of these programs are done by the ubuntu repo's and undeb and making them pets. They all do work I downloaded them and I am using them.

I also uploaded pmenu-0.1 I am not sure who made this put it works great!!

Enjoy

Last edited by oldyeller on Fri 31 Aug 2012, 15:10; edited 1 time in total
scabz

PostPosted: Fri 31 Aug 2012, 15:01    Post subject:  

its great you got bibletime now i was still trying to compile it but kept running into problems, i never do the undeb thing, i always try to compile from scratch but doesnt always work that way, there is stuff missing in puppy to compile and have to hunt it all down. stuff needed to compile isnt always need to just run the apps.
oldyeller

PostPosted: Fri 31 Aug 2012, 15:09    Post subject:  

That is ok maybe when Barryk is done I will redownload woof2 and do afresh build with new wm and panel.

With what he has done maybe you would be able to do it with that one when it is finished.

I do the undeb thing because I don't know about compiling, one day I will have to take the time and try.
scabz

PostPosted: Fri 31 Aug 2012, 15:13    Post subject:  

another note qtconfig is present in my qt pet and sfs, there is just no menu item for it you have to type qtconfig in terminal.
scabz

PostPosted: Fri 31 Aug 2012, 15:23    Post subject:  

oldyeller when you ever start learning to compile dont start with qt it toook me 5+ hours to compile, it realy took me more cuzz the power went out at my house wile i did the first compile 2 1/2 hours in, so i had to do it all over again then it took 5+ hours after it stressed me out so bad when the power went out.
Page 10 of 11 [163 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: