How to print pictures with Gimp in Slacko? [Solved]

Booting, installing, newbie
Henry

#21 Post by Henry »

rcrsn51 wrote:The only other thing I can suggest is that you go into another Puppy like Lupu and get the real libavformat.so.52.
I took it from the lupu iso and that got me a step farther, but the terminal kept asking for more new files until I decided to adjourn for now.

Henry

#22 Post by Henry »

Just as a shot in the dark I tried
Gimp_2.7.3_Lucid_5.pet
I get:

Code: Select all

# gimp
gimp: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by /usr/lib/libgimpwidgets-2.0.so.0)
gimp: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by /usr/lib/libgimpbase-2.0.so.0)
gimp: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by /usr/lib/libgegl-0.1.so.0)
gimp: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by /usr/lib/libbabl-0.1.so.0)
# 
Any idea where to find this?

rcrsn51

#23 Post by rcrsn51 »

This is heading towards a dead end and may have nothing to do with the printing problem. I think that there are two possible solutions.

1. Have gray make you a Gimp 2.7.2 for Racy NOP because that's the one that printed for chekrout .

2. Use some other printing tool.

Karl Godt

#24 Post by Karl Godt »

Henry wrote:Just as a shot in the dark I tried
Gimp_2.7.3_Lucid_5.pet
I get:

Code: Select all

# gimp
gimp: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by /usr/lib/libgimpwidgets-2.0.so.0)
gimp: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by /usr/lib/libgimpbase-2.0.so.0)
gimp: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by /usr/lib/libgegl-0.1.so.0)
gimp: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by /usr/lib/libbabl-0.1.so.0)
# 
Any idea where to find this?
Just want to remind that Lupu Puppy has Glibc-2.11.x while Wary/Racy has got 2.10.x .

It is possible to disable glibc version checks for libraries and binaries , i think i have seen such in one configuration option of a package . Probably unsafe to to such though .

Puppy 4 series should have glibc-2.6.1 and Lighthouse Puppy-4x series glibc-2.9.x .

Slacko has glibc-2.13 and Precise seems to have 2.15 as i look it up @
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?suite ... ords=glibc

Older glibc bins/libs compiles are very likely to work in newer glibc environments, but newer will almost everytime abort with the error message
version `GLIBC_NEWER-MAJOR.NEWER-Minor' not found .

Henry

#25 Post by Henry »

Thanks, Karl,

I'm begining to get the picture . . .

rcrsn51

Re: Can't print from Gimp-2.7.1-w5 (and others)

#26 Post by rcrsn51 »

Henry wrote:I know - this is an "unstable" release, but it came with my package manager for RacyNop-5.2.2, and it does everyting I want except print.
I installed this in RacyNOP along with libgegl and libbabl. I made a test drawing and tried to save it. The program segfaulted. It looks to me like this version has more serious problems than printing.

Henry

#27 Post by Henry »

You are correct, of course. I am not able to save new drawings. Well, I did not exhaustively test the Gimp features - I never create drawings - I only work with existing photos. And then try to print them.

Exactly where these problems lie, I don't know. The 2.6.8 version also runs in RacyNop but doesn't print. I'll check to see if saves new drawings. It certainly worked and printed in the previous QuirkyNop.

EDIT: This one saves drawings but does not print in RacyNop.