Ov-Precise updated iso starts on page 8 No longer AVAILABLE

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
splot

#41 Post by splot »

@pemasu,

Thanks indeed for the .pet.
I now have the device loading perfectly.
It does need the firmware file, which I had.

New problem now with VLC.
Tried 2 .pet pkgs of Twoflower and get 2 different errors.
If the problem can't be spotted from the attached msgs, I will re-get the VLC I used in Ubuntu and try that.
[0xb5503b30] main input error: no suitable demux module for `dvb/ts:// :dvb-inversion=2 :dvb-bandwidth=7 :dvb-fec=3 :dvb-fec=1 :dvb-modulation=64 :dvb-transmission=8 :dvb-guard=16 :dvb-hierarchy=-1 :program=567 :dvb-frequency=226500000 :dvb-srate=2318'
[0x80eca80] main stream error: cannot pre fill buffer

and

VLC can't recognize the input's format:
The format of 'dvb:// :dvb-inversion=2 :dvb-bandwidth=7 :dvb-fec=3 :dvb-fec=1 :dvb-modulation=64 :dvb-transmission=8 :dvb-guard=16 :dvb-hierarchy=-1 :program=567 :dvb-frequency=226500000 :dvb-srate=2318' cannot be detected. Have a look at the log for details.

Billtoo

#42 Post by Billtoo »

removed
Last edited by Billtoo on Sat 11 Aug 2012, 11:56, edited 1 time in total.

splot

#43 Post by splot »

Thanks billtoo.

I noticed that this pkg is 12MB, and the other 2 I tried are 5MB, and I was sure this was going to be the one to put an end to the errors.

Now the error msg is different, but similar.
main error: no suitable demux module for `dvb/ts://'
Am I getting closer?

pemasu

#44 Post by pemasu »

Billtoo. I believe you need libdvb stuff for your vlc compile. I am not sure of all the needed stuff, but here is some advice: libdvb-dev, (maybe lib also), libdvbpsi-dev (maybe libdvbpsi6 also).
Or...maybe it is included but you need to add above libs to the Puppy from PPM.

You can check what modules compiled vlc includes with this command in console:
vlc -vvv --list

Sylvander

#45 Post by Sylvander »

Installed VLC using link given above, ran it in a terminal and got:

Code: Select all

# vl
vlc          vlc-wrapper  vlock        
# vlc
VLC media player 2.0.3 Twoflower (revision 2.0.2-93-g77aa89e)
[0x80ce0b8] main interface error: no suitable interface module
[0x8053150] main libvlc error: interface "globalhotkeys,none" initialization failed
[0x8053150] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface.
[0x80ce098] main interface error: option qt-volume-complete does not exist
[0x80ce098] skins2 interface error: no suitable dialogs provider found (hint: compile the qt4 plugin, and make sure it is loaded properly)
[0x80ce098] skins2 interface error: cannot instantiate qt4 dialogs provider
[0x80ce098] [cli] lua interface: Listening on host "*console".
VLC media player 2.0.3 Twoflower
Command Line Interface initialized. Type `help' for help.
> 
Missing:
Libraries:
libqt4.so.4
libqtgui.so.4
lib264.so.125
libxcb-composite.so.0
lixcb-xv.so.0

Dependencies:
gdk_pixbuf10
imlib
qt

missinglibs_details.txt:

Code: Select all

File /root/programs/vlc-2.0.3/modules/codec/.libs/libx264_plugin.soT has these missing library files:
 libx264.so.125 
File /root/programs/vlc-2.0.3/modules/codec/.libs/libx264_plugin.so has these missing library files:
 libx264.so.125 
File /root/programs/vlc-2.0.3/modules/gui/qt4/.libs/libqt4_plugin.so has these missing library files:
 libQtGui.so.4 libQtCore.so.4 
File /root/programs/vlc-2.0.3/modules/gui/qt4/.libs/libqt4_plugin.soT has these missing library files:
File /root/programs/vlc-2.0.3/modules/access/.libs/libxcb_screen_plugin.soT has these missing library files:
 libxcb-composite.so.0 
File /root/programs/vlc-2.0.3/modules/access/.libs/libxcb_screen_plugin.so has these missing library files:
 libxcb-composite.so.0 
File /root/programs/vlc-2.0.3/modules/video_output/.libs/libxcb_xv_plugin.soT has these missing library files:
 libxcb-xv.so.0 
File /root/programs/vlc-2.0.3/modules/video_output/.libs/libxcb_xv_plugin.so has these missing library files:
 libxcb-xv.so.0 
File /usr/lib/vlc/plugins/codec/libx264_plugin.so has these missing library files:
 libx264.so.125 
File /usr/lib/vlc/plugins/gui/libqt4_plugin.so has these missing library files:
File /usr/lib/vlc/plugins/access/libxcb_screen_plugin.so has these missing library files:
 libxcb-composite.so.0 
File /usr/lib/vlc/plugins/video_output/libxcb_xv_plugin.so has these missing library files:
 libxcb-xv.so.0 

Billtoo

#46 Post by Billtoo »

pemasu wrote:Billtoo. I believe you need libdvb stuff for your vlc compile. I am not sure of all the needed stuff, but here is some advice: libdvb-dev, (maybe lib also), libdvbpsi-dev (maybe libdvbpsi6 also).
Or...maybe it is included but you need to add above libs to the Puppy from PPM.

You can check what modules compiled vlc includes with this command in console:
vlc -vvv --list
The x264 snapshot and 13 debs that I added didn't stick I guess, I added them again and vlc -vvv --list doesn't show any errors.
I didn't have --enable-dvbpsi in the configure line so vlc would need to be compiled again, I'll leave that to someone else.
The qt-482 pet that I use is 45mb so I'm not going to recompile vlc and make an sfs that includes qt-482 which would be pretty big.

I was hoping the vlc pet that I made would work for others too but it won't as is so I'll remove the link.

pemasu

#47 Post by pemasu »

./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --enable-run-as-root --enable-pvr --enable-real --enable-realrtsp --disable-notify --disable-sid --disable-goom --disable-decklink --disable-smb --disable-gme --disable-taglib --enable-non-utf8 --disable-pulse --disable-fluidsynth --disable-libproxy --disable-projectm --disable-portaudio --disable-jack --disable-kate --disable-kai --disable-tiger --disable-upnp --disable-kva --disable-live555 --disable-crystalhd --disable-speex --disable-schroedinger --disable-dirac --enable-merge-ffmpeg --without-kde-solid --enable-mkv --disable-caca

This is the configure I used with dpup. There is no need to enable dvb in configure. If you have needed dev libs and maybe real libs included vlc ./configure picks dvb and includes it automatically.
Yeah....I would include libdvb and libdvbpsi6 and their devel libs.

--enable-dvbpsi -----> build with dvbpsi support enabled [default=auto]

Billtoo. Your vlc worked for me just fine. I used Barry`s build and my own qt4 libs and your vlc had no problems playing movie formats. It is just dvb support which is missing. I am not sure if it is reason to remove it. There are not so many vlc compilers around. Your work will be appreciated with dvb or without.

oldyeller

#48 Post by oldyeller »

pemasu wrote:Devx sfs is missing git and git core. Needed for above kernel kit. Aufs source download is done from git repo.
Oops. I am using Barry`s version...so it might be that oldyeller has updated devx sfs. So dismiss this post if git and gitcore has been added.
I have not added anything to the dev sfs just what is made from the build

I wish I could do more to help with the vlc problem; is there anything I can do in woof?

scabz

#49 Post by scabz »

where do i get the kernel source at?
can someone post a link please.

Billtoo

#50 Post by Billtoo »

pemasu wrote: Billtoo. Your vlc worked for me just fine. I used Barry`s build and my own qt4 libs and your vlc had no problems playing movie formats. It is just dvb support which is missing. I am not sure if it is reason to remove it. There are not so many vlc compilers around. Your work will be appreciated with dvb or without.
I compiled it again using your ./configure line, I had to add --disable-libva --disable-lua --disable-dbus to get it to compile but it seems to work okay.
I added libdvb-dev_0.5.5.1-5.1_i386.deb,libdvbpsi7_0.2.2-1_i386.deb, and
libdvbpsi-dev_0.2.2-1_i386.deb

Here's the download link if you'd like to try it out, It still needs qt so could you supply a link to your qt4 libs if this works okay?

EDIT:Please see message farther down the page for vlc-2.0.3.sfs download link
Last edited by Billtoo on Sat 11 Aug 2012, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.

oldyeller

#51 Post by oldyeller »

scabz wrote:where do i get the kernel source at?
can someone post a link please.
I don't know about the kernel source, the kernel that I used was the first one that showed when I did the build.

maybe pm Barryk

pemasu

#52 Post by pemasu »

Billtoo. I installed your libdvbpsi included recompiled vlc, libdvbpsi7, my needed dvb-tuner firmware, my needed channels.conf and then I launched vlc from commandline: vlc -vvv /root/channels.conf
.....and.... finnish tv started to play in laptop !!!
You did it.

Well...subtitles. To get them working you still seems to need to have full gconv content at compile time. I have extracted them from libc6 deb and uploaded the pet to the smokey01 site...for future compiles and as reference.

My used qt4 libs: http://smokey01.com/pemasu/QT-4.8.0-dpu ... t-dpup.pet

and the pet for vlc compile with subtitles support: gconv content. Not needed after vlc compiling:http://smokey01.com/pemasu/Misc/vlc-sub ... -0.0.1.pet

Sorry Billtoo that I didnt post this need before. The movie I tested for avi...had subtitles burned in...and I thought the vlc found subtitles from the folder and I thought...great...this is nice...but now I see that other movies have the same error as I got in dpup before I learnt to fill /usr/lib/gconv folder with full content about 250 files. My pet also has full gconv-modules.cache.
Last edited by pemasu on Sat 11 Aug 2012, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.

pemasu

#53 Post by pemasu »

Kernel sources for Barry Kauler`s kernels are all in the same location:
http://bkhome.org/sources/

http://bkhome.org/sources/kernel-3.2.18 ... atched.sfs

Magic words are: " puppy" and "linux"

scabz

#54 Post by scabz »

pemasu wrote:Kernel sources for Barry Kauler`s kernels are all in the same location:
http://bkhome.org/sources/

http://bkhome.org/sources/kernel-3.2.18 ... atched.sfs

Magic words are: " puppy" and "linux"
thanks alot!!!

Billtoo

#55 Post by Billtoo »

pemasu wrote: Sorry Billtoo that I didnt post this need before. The movie I tested for avi...had subtitles burned in...and I thought the vlc found subtitles from the folder and I thought...great...this is nice...but now I see that other movies have the same error as I got in dpup before I learnt to fill /usr/lib/gconv folder with full content about 250 files. My pet also has full gconv-modules.cache.
I recompiled and hopefully subtitles,dvb, the whole shebang is working now.

I made an sfs which includes vlc-2.0.3 and qt-4.8.2.

The download link is:

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-613b4e89.html
Attachments
vlcscrn.jpg
(49.71 KiB) Downloaded 939 times

pemasu

#56 Post by pemasu »

Billtoo. Your latest version works perfectly. Dvb tuner works and shows TV. Subtitles works...so my fix was right for vlc.

Puppies with reduced gconv content does not enable subtitles. It goes to woof template which reduces the gconv content from its original content. So...my fix pet like content is needed in other puplets also if you want to have subtitles enabled. Libc6 is the debian - ubuntu package from where the content can be extracted.

oldyeller

#57 Post by oldyeller »

pemasu wrote:Billtoo. Your latest version works perfectly. Dvb tuner works and shows TV. Subtitles works...so my fix was right for vlc.

Puppies with reduced gconv content does not enable subtitles. It goes to woof template which reduces the gconv content from its original content. So...my fix pet like content is needed in other puplets also if you want to have subtitles enabled. Libc6 is the debian - ubuntu package from where the content can be extracted.
I just downloaded it and works great

Billtoo

#58 Post by Billtoo »

pemasu wrote:Billtoo. Your latest version works perfectly. Dvb tuner works and shows TV. Subtitles works...so my fix was right for vlc.

Thanks for your help pemasu, I've saved you pets for the next time that I compile vlc :)

pemasu

#59 Post by pemasu »

I created a pet of Billtoo`s vlc-2.0.3. I removed the qt4 libs from the sfs, so that I can install just the vlc. This is for my usage, but I thought someone else might have gt4 libs already installed. Okay...I removed development files also.

The vlc-2.0.3 pet size is 4.1 Mb.

http://smokey01.com/pemasu/pet_packages ... recise.pet

oldyeller

#60 Post by oldyeller »

Hello

This is not good news for us on precise or manna my optical drive on mine laptop just went down I do not have the funds right now to get a new one.

Just as things started to with precise. I just got doing a repo on smokey01 and went to burn the new iso and down went my optical drive :cry: :cry:

so I have no idea when I will be able to go forward with this