Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.4.12 with 3.4.2 kernel.

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
pemasu

#961 Post by pemasu »

Charlie6. Thank you of the wacom drivers. I will upload them to exprimo repo soon.

backi

#962 Post by backi »

Hi folks

Did the same as Linuph did . (see above ) .
Installation on USB stick
Used 1. my old savefile for my noteboock .....wireless works .
Used 2. my old savefile for my desktop ..... wireless does not work ...but wireless works with pfix=ram on desktop .

pemasu

#963 Post by pemasu »

It might help if you remove...in Frisbee... the profile of wireless you have used and create it again. Not sure of course. I dont ever use older savefile. I just start to use the new version and create savefile on it again.

backi

#964 Post by backi »

Pemasu
Thanks for your help ...but combination old savefile Desktop -pc cannot find any network ,so there is no profile to delete .
Where do i find these frisbee profiles .
I forgot to say ...Pfind seems not working .

rerwin

pfile error messages

#965 Post by rerwin »

pemasu, zigbert,
While investigating the b43 issue, using pfind 5.01, I searched for 'ssb.ko' and found nothing, even though the file is actually in /lib/modules/3.4.2-dpup/initrd/kernel/drivers/ssb/. In 5X3428 (with earlier pfind) the file was found. xerrs.log has theis:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/pfind/pfind: line 591: /usr/local/pfilesearch/locales: No such file or directory
/usr/local/pfind/pfind: line 603: /usr/share/locale/en/LC_MESSAGES/pfilesearch: No such file or directory
/usr/local/pfind/func: line 4: /tmp/pfind-TREE8320: No such file or directory
cat: /tmp/pfind-treeitems8320: No such file or directory
cat: /tmp/pfind-CHK_LIST8320: No such file or directory
cat: /tmp/pfind-CHK_ADV8320: No such file or directory
cat: /tmp/pfind-treeitems8320: No such file or directory
/usr/local/pfilesearch/func: line 61: [: =: unary operator expected
Later, in attaempts to get the pfilesearch version number with the command, pfilesearch -versions (and variation of that), the log added an excessive number of this message:

cat: /root/.pfilesearch/tmp/pfilesearch-finish: No such file or directory
144 in all. A lot of distress calls.
Richard

stu91

#966 Post by stu91 »

Hi Pemasu, rerwin,

Sorry for no reply or feedback yet on this latest version of Exprimo - managed to break my puppy forum account so have had to resign up.
As i have the B43 wifi I will download and test tonight and post pmodemdiag.

cheers.

pemasu

#967 Post by pemasu »

Yeah. It seems Pfind-5.01 is broken in dpup. I revert back to 4.25 version. It works. I posted to the Pfind thread about Pfind problem in dpup exprimo. Usually Zigbert responds in his timetable.

Frisbee profile. When you right click frisbee_tray in jwm tray...and launch Setup Networking...Frisbee launches and you see in the centre of the bottom row: Edit saved profiles. There you can see the saved profiles and you can delete them also. Then you create the profile again as usual. Sometimes reboot is also needed before the wpa_supplicant releases it`s configuration.

Stu version 91. Lol. You are real hacker. Lol.

irishrm

#968 Post by irishrm »

pemasu:

Did a USB install.

My wl driver was recognized and frisbee worked out of the box.

Installed all my usual sfs's and pets, everything working well.

The only thing not working is streamplay tv, I have sound but no picture.
I can live with that.

Congratulations on a great distro.
irishrm.

edit:
Can confirm pfind not working.

pemasu

#969 Post by pemasu »

It seems rerwin has found the reason to the b43 problem. Moving b43legacy firmwares to the /lib/firmware creates the problem. Moving that firmware folder back to the /lib/modules/all-firmware fixes the b43 nonloading-hanging in shutdown.
I will create new woof build and supposedly I will reupload .9 build tomorrow. So...moving all firmwares to the /lib/firmware is not so straightforward.
Anyway....big hand to rerwin for succesful hunting. Pfind will be reverted back to 4.25 version. Lets see if the build needs other fixes.....

jrb

#970 Post by jrb »

Hi pemasu.

Let me congratulate you on a great Puppy! Have just tried Exprimo 5.X.3.4.2.9 and am very impressed. Nice selection of apps and features.

Works very well on 3 out of 4 of my machines. Thought I should mention the problem that it has on my Everex sa2053T laptop.

Wireless is:

rt73usb : Ralink RT73 USB Wireless LAN driver.

Error is:

# ifconfig wlan0 up
ifconfig: SIOCSIFFLAGS: Unknown error 132
Slacko and Lupu connect OK. The module is loading properly. I suspect the module isn't compatible with my hardware but perhaps it is something else.

pemasu

#971 Post by pemasu »

jrb. See the last rows first.
Thank you of the feedback. Yes...I am curious of why rt73usb does not work. It can be due to many things. I have rt73.bin from recent firmware git. Probably it is not due to that....but you could copy the rt73.bin from slacko or lupu and replace it in /lib/firmware/rt2x00.

It can be rt73usb.ko kernel module problem also with this newer kernel. Dmesg might show the problem.

Secondly...I have moved all firmwares to the /lib/firmware....instead of /lib/firmware/all-firmware. It should not affect to firmware finding and you told that module has been loaded....so the firmware has been found. You could check with dmesg if there is any error report about module loading.

Next thing would be to generate wireless diagnostics with pmodemdiag app and send the tar ball here.
How wpa_supplicant works and wireless connection....you get diagnostic data using Frisbee:
Launch Frisbee from frisbee_tray: right click > Setup networking > Wireless diagnostics > Generate diagnostic data. Send the tar ball here. I have compiled wpa_supplicant so that it generates debug information. Yeah....if your wlan0 does not rise up, then you wont get connection debug information....but you get the other files info files generated/copied which might help to debug the problem.
Next thing. Disable Frisbee using from menu > network > Frisbee enable-disable manager and disable it. Reboot. Use sns for creating wireless connection. Sometimes sns works when Frisbee dont. And vice versa. I have newer dhcpcd for sns also. And I have updated wpa_supplicant to latest version.
All above means there have been many changes and I am interested to know what causes your problem.

Hmm....one thought. I do have in sleep.sh (by jemimah) rfkill block command before suspending. There has been several reports with error 132 about rfkill. You can ensure that your wireless is not blocked by executing command: rfkill unblock wlan
Or...better. rmmod rt73usb, then rfkill unblock all, then modprobe rt73usb and try again to rise it up.

pemasu

#972 Post by pemasu »

jrb. Continuing with your error message:

# ifconfig wlan0 up
ifconfig: SIOCSIFFLAGS: Unknown error 132
if you type in console: rfkill list
You should see something like this, like in my case:

# rfkill list
0: acer-wireless: wlan
	Soft blocked: no
	Hard blocked: no
1: acer-bluetooth: bluetooth
3: phy0: wlan
9: hci0: bluetooth
but if you see something like this:

0: phy0: Wireless LAN
Soft blocked: yes
then your wlan has been blocked and then the rfkill unblocking should help.

More references:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=82357
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/464559

If unblocking the wlan does not help or is not reason to your problem. You could also check with lsmod that you dont have 2 wlan drivers loaded. Sometimes rt2500usb can be loaded also and it interferes the wireless.
I do have this in MODULESCONFIG: rt2500usb:rt73usb -----> so the preference is for rt73usb and it should be loaded only.

stu91

#973 Post by stu91 »

Hi Pemasu, Rerwin,

Here is pmodemdiag for Exprimo 5.X.3.4.2.9 - B43 wirless is not detected on first boot and create save file / shutdown require hard power off. :(

Pemasu,
Here is updated version of streamplay - i put in a check to see if /tmp/ice-stations file is empty or not.

cheers.
Attachments
streamplay.gz
(14.83 KiB) Downloaded 231 times

pemasu

#974 Post by pemasu »

Thanks stu version 91. I have updated the streamplay script. Your pmodemdiag shows the same error which should be now fixed. The whole problem arised from my experiment to move firmwares to the /lib/firmware straight. I have reverted that experiment. There is now only b43 firmware folder in /lib/firmware.
I have created rewoofed .9 dpup build. I start to upload it now.
Changes are: firmware relocation, Pfind reverted to 4.25, Pfilesearch still the newest 1.31 and PupMenu updated to 2.8. PupMenu is now really magnificent piece of Menu app. In fact much more than just menu.
All the other will be the same.

pemasu

#975 Post by pemasu »

Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.4.2.9 has been reuploaded.
This upload addresses the issues found with previous upload. Especially b43 wireless problem should be now addressed. Pfind should work now. Pupmenu and streamplay script updated to the latest version.

Download link: http://smokey01.com/pemasu/DpupSqueeze5 ... imo5X3429/

edoc

#976 Post by edoc »

Any need to update my previously downloaded matching dev_squeeze as well?
[b]Thanks! David[/b]
[i]Home page: [/i][url]http://nevils-station.com[/url]
[i]Don't google[/i] [b]Search![/b] [url]http://duckduckgo.com[/url]
TahrPup64 & Lighthouse64-b602 & JL64-603

pemasu

#977 Post by pemasu »

Edoc. No. It is the same. Nothing in devx sfs has been changed. I didnt even rebuild it and so...I didnt reupload it.

backi

Wireless Problems

#978 Post by backi »

Hi pemasu !
Upgraded to your new uploaded Iso .
Now no problems with wireless ralink usb adapter any longer , (networks could not be found using my old savefile). Problems are solved .

Man you ` re really a hard worker .... Respect ...!!

pemasu

#979 Post by pemasu »

backi. That was good news. I think that restoring the firmwares to their old location was right thing to do at this time. Dont do too many changes at one time. Because then you dont know which one of your updates is behind the problematic behavior. For wireless....there is already many updates and changes. I hope wireless connections behave now.
My day work starts tomorrow...after my sick leave....and I will be very busy....

edoc

#980 Post by edoc »

Just did a quick test and it looks good on my Samsung NB30 netbook.

I have to figure out a way to get at the SimpleMail extension for Firefox without wasting space on an extra toolbar at the bottom - display real estate is a premium on the netbook.

Thanks!
[b]Thanks! David[/b]
[i]Home page: [/i][url]http://nevils-station.com[/url]
[i]Don't google[/i] [b]Search![/b] [url]http://duckduckgo.com[/url]
TahrPup64 & Lighthouse64-b602 & JL64-603