CMSPuppy

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Atle

CMSPuppy

#1 Post by Atle »

Might be wrong of me to name this project "Puppy"... Please correct me if I go wrong there...

But the idea is to now build a version of JoomlaOnPuppy

Where as this has Joomla 2.51 preinstalled, I now want to create a new version that combines the most wanted CMS solutions like:

Joomla
Drupal
Wordpress

The reason for this post is to get feedback on WHAT other CMS that are wanted in such a system.

The benefits is that one can try out the various CMS solutions up against each others... Also, if possible i will go for bridging the solutions, so that one becomes a user in Drupal and Wordpress if registered trough Joomla.

I hope to make a test version with in a few days. I am really open for other solutions as well, but do not have the ideas due to lack of beer in tha house...

So lady's and gentlemen's... Ideas and feedback is most wanted;-)

Atle

mikeslr

Consider Adding Forum Software

#2 Post by mikeslr »

Hi Atle,

Good luck with the project.

You might want to consider adding Forum software to the project. I'd suggest either smf or phpbb. As you've probably experienced on this forum, forum software is a great vehicle for eliciting the advice and thoughts of others. Perhaps better suited to enabling multi-party communication than software for blogs and websites.

mikesLr

Atle

#3 Post by Atle »

Hi Mike...

A forum software is very possible. To bridge it with Joomla, is commercial software and can not be included.

Yet I let you know when I am done with the upcoming Schoolux site forum and that is free software and can be prebuilt into Joomla.

The general idea is to combine various CMS into one package so one can compare and develop right from the Live CD.

Joomla, Wordpress and Drupal is almost equal to Mac, Windows and Linux...

Yet this is a unfair comparison as linux is for winners and the rest for the loosers;-)