Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.4.12 with 3.4.2 kernel.

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
DC

#581 Post by DC »

Hi pemasu,
rtl2832u driver, kernel 3.6. 3.5 RC kernel.
The future looks good, any time line? :lol:

and slightly digressing, whilst googling the rtl2832u I found this of interest

http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/rtl-sdr

DC
a little bit of knowledge and I'm dangerous

pemasu

#582 Post by pemasu »

DVB-T dongles based on the Realtek RTL2832U can be used as a cheap SDR, since the chip allows transferring the raw I/Q samples to the host, which is officially used for DAB/DAB+/FM demodulation. The possibility of this has been discovered by the V4L/DVB kernel developer Antti Palosaari.
Heh. That was the finnish guy I posted about rtl2832u driver.

shinobar

Re: pnethood problem

#583 Post by shinobar »

peebee wrote:
shinobar wrote:expot GTKDIALOG solves the error message:
/usr/local/apps/pnethood/pnethood at around line 93 wrote:###Check for gtkdialog #20jun2012 export
export GTKDIALOG=""
Hi Shino

I added the 2 lines you gave at line 94 (not sure if that is what I was supposed to do....) - but it kills pnethood completely
Sorry, at line 19-20 find:

Code: Select all

###Check for gtkdialog
GTKDIALOG=""
change to

###Check for gtkdialog
export GTKDIALOG=""
EDIT: pnethood-0.6.9 is out.
#17may2012 shinobar: extracting sharename
#20jun2012 shinobar: export GTKDIALOG for other func

Download pnethood-0.6.9.pet or pnethood-0.6.9.i18n.pet (I18N'ed)
http://shino.pos.to/party/bridge.cgi?puppy/opt/

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 136#638136
Last edited by shinobar on Tue 03 Jul 2012, 02:40, edited 1 time in total.
Downloads for Puppy Linux [url]http://shino.pos.to/linux/downloads.html[/url]

mikeslr

Tano IP TV player

#584 Post by mikeslr »

Hi pemasu,

Thanks for the Tano IP TV player, I think.(':lol:'). I installed it (along with VLC & its dependencies) and fired it up. It asked for an m3u playlist on my computer. I don't got one.(':('). Didn't even know what one was.(':oops:') So I googled hoping to find one somebody already created. Found a promise that someone will post one in a couple of months. Discovered that an m3u play list is just a simple text file listing channels/stations (I guess with an m3u ending). Googled for IP TV channels. Got nowhere. I decided to give up and clicked "cancel." Voila! an interface which looked promising. Clicked Options>Edit Channels and got the below dialog. Not knowing what data to input, I clicked "Scan and update" and hoped for the best. It didn't occur. It scanned, and scanned, and scanned.
Well, I got bored.
Can anyone suggest what arguments might take Tano out of an infinite scanning loop? FYI, if it matters, I'm in North America in the vicinity of NYC.

mikesLr
Attachments
tano_editor.jpg
Tano Editor Dialog Box
(47.31 KiB) Downloaded 680 times

Terry H

#585 Post by Terry H »

Hi pemasu,

Just did frugal install on Dell D620 core 2 duo with broadcom4311. I can't report whether wireless is working as I am unable to create a save file.

When I attempt to shutdown/reboot for the first time to create a save file, following selecting <administrator> I get a fatal error due to no Floppy found.
I have to do a hard reboot.

I checked the md5sum prior to extracting files. I have been successfully running Exprimo 5.X.3.4.2.1 on this laptop.

shinobar

pnethood-0.6.9

#586 Post by shinobar »

UPDATED:
#17may2012 shinobar: extracting sharename
#20jun2012 shinobar: export GTKDIALOG for other func

Download pnethood-0.6.9.pet or pnethood-0.6.9.i18n.pet (I18N'ed)
http://shino.pos.to/party/bridge.cgi?puppy/opt/

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 136#638136

linuph

guvcview not working

#587 Post by linuph »

Guvcview does not start up at all. It does ask for a webcam when it is not plugged in. After plugging in the webcam and restarting it does nothing. Mplayer tv:// from Terminal does work.

peebee

Re: pnethood-0.6.9

#588 Post by peebee »

shinobar wrote:Download pnethood-0.6.9.pet
Hi shinobar / pemasu

Downloaded and installed shinobar's updated pet - now get the attached "fail to mount" message......

A screenie of a succesful connection under slacko5.3.3 using identical login parameters is also attached.

Running pnethood from the terminal doesn't give any useful clues as to why the mount is failing....

The only difference in options that I can see is that the exprimo version is setup to use utf-8 in cifs whereas slacko isn't - however I've tried unticking that option and it didn't help.

Cheers
peebee
Attachments
image-1.png
(23.83 KiB) Downloaded 744 times
capture7861.png
(25.91 KiB) Downloaded 755 times
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

linuph

Remaster problem

#589 Post by linuph »

I reported that Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.4.2.2 is working great and that I Installed rt5370sta-v2.5.0.1-k2.6.33.2.pet and bluetooth-05. pet to enable WiFi and Bluetooth respectively
Pemasu replied that rt5370sta-v2.5.0.1-k2.6.33.2.pet is not the oorrect version and that Dpup Exprimo should work with the built-in driver. Yes, it works allright, but it's a bit confusing. Let me explain.
I installed the original Dpup Exprimo on a USB FLash, installed rt5370sta-v2.5.0.1-k2.6.33.2.pet and bluetooth-0.5 and remastered to another USB flash.
Upon startup of the remastered version, bluetooth-0.5 was missing, so I installed it again. I now understand that rt5370sta-v2.5.0.1-k2.6.33.2.pet was also missing but it is not needed to make WiFi work.

This is the same remaster problem I reported about with lupu528. See thread http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=79174.

shinobar

#590 Post by shinobar »

peebee wrote:A screenie of a succesful connection under slacko5.3.3 using identical login parameters is also attached.
Do you mean you can connect the share with no problem on slacko5.3.3, but cannot on Dpup Exprimo?
Last edited by shinobar on Tue 03 Jul 2012, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.

stu90

#591 Post by stu90 »

Hi Pemasu,
Hope your arm is on the mend after the operation?
Unfortunately for me Exprimo version 5.X.3.4.2.2 is unable to create a save file - it goes through the cli save file set up but then hangs during the save file creation. :(
Though it maybe a bad download at first but re-download and md5 check are ok tested 3.fs and 4.fs format save files with same results.
Currently running squeeze-5.X.3.4.2-SCSI which is working ok.

Duel core AMD Turion TL-50
Radion Express 200m

Cheers.

stu90

Re: Tano IP TV player

#592 Post by stu90 »

mikeslr wrote:Hi pemasu,

Thanks for the Tano IP TV player, I think.(':lol:'). I installed it (along with VLC & its dependencies) and fired it up. It asked for an m3u playlist on my computer. I don't got one.(':('). Didn't even know what one was.(':oops:') So I googled hoping to find one somebody already created. Found a promise that someone will post one in a couple of months. Discovered that an m3u play list is just a simple text file listing channels/stations (I guess with an m3u ending). Googled for IP TV channels. Got nowhere. I decided to give up and clicked "cancel." Voila! an interface which looked promising. Clicked Options>Edit Channels and got the below dialog. Not knowing what data to input, I clicked "Scan and update" and hoped for the best. It didn't occur. It scanned, and scanned, and scanned.
Well, I got bored.
Can anyone suggest what arguments might take Tano out of an infinite scanning loop? FYI, if it matters, I'm in North America in the vicinity of NYC.

mikesLr
Hi mikeslr,
I havent tested Tano IP TV player but here is a .m3u playlist file if you are wanting to test one with a couple of the tv stations from Pup radio/telly.

After download rename and remove the fake .gz extension.
Attachments
tv.m3u.gz
remove fake .gz extension from file name
(255 Bytes) Downloaded 272 times

peebee

#593 Post by peebee »

shinobar wrote:
peebee wrote:A screenie of a succesful connection under slacko5.3.3 using identical login parameters is also attached.
Do you mean you can connect the share with no problem on slacko5.3.3, but cannot on Dpup Exprimo?
Yes
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

pemasu

#594 Post by pemasu »

Hope your arm is on the mend after the operation?
Unfortunately for me Exprimo version 5.X.3.4.2.2 is unable to create a save file - it goes through the cli save file set up but then hangs during the save file creation.
Shoulder is still painful, but it hasnt stopped me for fishing. We got yesterday together 12 kg of pikeperch from the lake. After jigging 2 hours per day two days...My shoulder is in flames now....but it has been fun.

About failure to create savefile. This was now the second report of that problem. Also pnethood mysteriously does not work as it should ?

I dont have clear answer to these problems. The woof is newer than in previous build but nothing I have updated since previous build should otherwise affect. I think I need to download latest woof and try new build. With the latest updates, ie pnethood update and maybe some other puppy apps updates, if there has been them. But I need to wait since I get to the home back. I dont dare to download woof with this slow 3g connection.

shinobar

#595 Post by shinobar »

shinobar wrote:Do you mean you can connect the share with no problem on slacko5.3.3, but cannot on Dpup Exprimo?
peebee wrote:Yes
Slacko-5.3.3 uses pnethood-0.6.8. Install the next and test please.
ftp://distro.ibiblio.org/quirky/pet_pac ... .6.8-2.pet

peebee

#596 Post by peebee »

shinobar wrote:Slacko-5.3.3 uses pnethood-0.6.8. Install the next and test please.
ftp://distro.ibiblio.org/quirky/pet_pac ... .6.8-2.pet
Hi Shinobar

pnethood-0.6.8-2 gives the same error message.

/var/log/messages shows:

Jul  4 11:37:55 puppypc30980 user.err kernel: [  114.802296] CIFS: Unknown mount option "servernetbiosname=ATHOME"
Jul  4 11:39:23 puppypc30980 user.err kernel: [  203.224572] CIFS: Unknown mount option "servernetbiosname=ATHOME"
Perhaps I should mention that I am connecting to my desktop that is also running Puppy Slack 5.3.3 + samba - not to a Windows PC.....

Cheers
peebee

rcrsn51

Re: pnethood problem

#597 Post by rcrsn51 »

peebee wrote:I'm getting errors from pnethood on 5.x.3.4.2.2 - finds my share OK but won't allow me to connect.
I can confirm this. If the share requires authentication, neither the current Pnethood nor shinobar's pnethood-0.6.9.pet will connect. I tested this with both a Win7 share and a Puppy Samba server.

However, YASSM works fine in both cases.

James C

#598 Post by James C »

pemasu wrote: About failure to create savefile..
For whatever it's worth, no problems here making save files with 5.X.3.4.2.2.
Manual frugal install..... ext4 savefile on an ext3 partition. Used installer for another frugal.......ext4 savefile on ext3 partition.
Booting from cd...ext4 savefile on fat32 flash drive and another ext4 savefile on ntfs (the dreaded Windows 7). All were totally straightforward.

James C

#599 Post by James C »

Other than booting to a black display on initial boot, working good here.

# report-video
Dpup Exprimo, version 5.X.3.4.2.2 on Tue 3 Jul 2012

Chip description:
d.0 VGA compatible controller
nVidia Corporation C61 [GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a] (rev a2)
oem: NVIDIA
product: MCP61 - mcp61-86 Chip Rev

X Server: Xorg
Driver used: nv

X.Org version: 1.7.7
dimensions: 1368x768 pixels (414x232 millimeters)
depth of root window: 24 planes

...the above also recorded in /tmp/root/ as report-video,
and archived with xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log as report-video-full.gz
#
-Computer-
Processor : 4x AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 620 Processor
Memory : 2853MB (171MB used)
Operating System : Unknown distribution
User Name : root (root)
Date/Time : Tue 03 Jul 2012 09:54:52 AM CDT
-Display-
Resolution : 1368x768 pixels
OpenGL Renderer : Unknown
X11 Vendor : The X.Org Foundation
-Multimedia-
Audio Adapter : HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia

# free
total used free shared buffers
Mem: 2853820 528916 2324904 0 55736
-/+ buffers: 473180 2380640
Swap: 0 0 0
#

mikeslr

More on Tano TV -- Is sound working.

#600 Post by mikeslr »

@ Stu90,

Thanks for the playlist and the reference to PupRadio/TV. The former enabled testing whether Tano was working. The latter gave me an idea about how to locate streams. Now to figure out what to do next. I'm too new at this to even ask intelligible questions.

The playlist you sent provided three streams. I was able to select and play each of them in Tano. Video worked but no sound. So I checked that nothing was muted and that I had sound via Opera/Firefox.
I don't know why I don't have sound in Tano. Nasa streams might not include it. But certainly a stream of Groucho Marx is incomplete without it.

mikesLr