Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 02 Aug 2014, 01:01
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
LazY Puppy 2.0.2 Final - a Paradise Puppy
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 24 of 49 [723 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, ..., 47, 48, 49 Next
oldyeller

PostPosted: Sat 16 Jun 2012, 09:29    Post subject:  

RSH wrote:
oldyeller wrote:
Hi RSH,

I am waiting like a child on Christmas eve to see what I got under the Tree!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

oldyeller

Hmm, this tastes like milk and honey. I feel honored. Thank you very much, oldyeller.

Currently i have to translate just three more files to English language. All together are around 900 lines of HTML code, which means something around 300 to 400 lines of text to translate.

Then building the last ISO and WInInstaller files.

So, in Germany it is now 15:20, which means, my "German-Today" will have less than 9 hours to go. Within these less than 9 hours, of course i can finish the needed translations, build the files and upload them to the web.

Or to say it in other words: "Christmas-Happening" will be in less than 9 hours.

Can't wait to open my present thanks

oldyeller
RSH

PostPosted: Sat 16 Jun 2012, 15:35    Post subject: LazY Puppy 2.0.2 Final ready to upload
Subject description: Just around 90 minutes to go!

OK!

All translations finished! Very Happy

EN-ISO and DE-ISO already built! Very Happy

I will now move trough the rainy evening to my Augenstern - she's waiting for me to have a lovely meal. Very Happy Embarassed

While having the meal the ISO files will be uploaded, which might take about 90 minutes from now. Cool

So LazY Puppy 2.0.2 Final will be available to download at 23:00 GMT+1 (+ - some few minutes, i have slow internet connction). Cool Very Happy

Exclamation

oldyeller

PostPosted: Sat 16 Jun 2012, 17:00    Post subject:  

Hello my Friend,

We all are looking forward to this with great excitement. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

oldyeller
RSH

PostPosted: Sat 16 Jun 2012, 17:05    Post subject:  

Hello!

Upload of DE-ISO started. After this i will upload EN-ISO. Each one needs about 20 minutes to upload.

LazY Puppy 2.0.2 is coming!

RSH

PostPosted: Sat 16 Jun 2012, 17:50    Post subject: LazY Puppy 2.0.2 Final - the smartest dog on the forum!
Subject description: READY TO DWONLOAD!

Hi!

LazY Puppy 2.0.2 Final ready to download!

Links are set in the first post!

RSH

oldyeller

PostPosted: Sat 16 Jun 2012, 18:11    Post subject:  

Hello my Friend,

Downloading right now will let you know later

oldyeller
Gnuxo

PostPosted: Sat 16 Jun 2012, 20:44    Post subject:  

This was sooooo worth the wait.

I love it!

Quick bug I noticed. It tried to install the wine.sfs on startup and failed each time.

The download reaches 100% then gets an error.

What version of wine was it trying to install?

Edit: Ok finally the wine.sfs managed to get downloaded. It's version 1.3.13.
I thought it would be 1.4 or 1.5.4

There are pets available for the very newest versions.
Gnuxo

PostPosted: Sat 16 Jun 2012, 23:10    Post subject:  

Ok, I found another bug.

I can't shut down the os.

I click on the shutdown icons on wbar, the panel or in the menu but the shutdown options don't show up.
oldyeller

PostPosted: Sun 17 Jun 2012, 12:48    Post subject:  

Hello Rainer,

I have the same problem with shutdown no matter what button you use. I notice this only on a save file, when using just the livecd you can shutdown.

Also with the en-version when opening up the browser it takes you to the de-version of your thread for LasY Puppy.

oldyeller
oldyeller

PostPosted: Sun 17 Jun 2012, 21:35    Post subject:  

This is an awesome LasY Puppy Rainer!!!

I looked at icewm today and guess what! part of the menu is in German, But that is OK for now. I was stationed there in the early eighties so I know just a little still, so this should help me to remember more. Very Happy Very Happy

Like the default theme for icewm that you have looks really nice.

Gnuxo; you can reboot or shutdown by hitting Ctrl+Alt+backspace. Rebooting in the Terminal should also work.

oldyeller
RSH

PostPosted: Mon 18 Jun 2012, 11:30    Post subject:  

Quote:
This is an awesome LasY Puppy Rainer!!!

Thank you very much!

Quote:
I looked at icewm today and guess what! part of the menu is in German, But that is OK for now. I was stationed there in the early eighties so I know just a little still, so this should help me to remember more. Very Happy Very Happy

Like the default theme for icewm that you have looks really nice.

Yes, the main categories of IceWM is only in German language available. IceWm is added to LazY Puppy just for my private use (i know IceWm from Muppy 08.3F).

You can go to /etc/xdg/ - there are directories like "menus", "openbox" and one directory that includes the IceWM (maybe "templates" or similar - can't tell it right now - i'm currently online using windows in a internet cafe).

Just change the names inside the IceWm file, run "fixmenus" in the terminal or use the menu entry in menu workstation and do a remaster.

Quote:
Gnuxo; you can reboot or shutdown by hitting Ctrl+Alt+backspace. Rebooting in the Terminal should also work.

I do not have any problems at shutdown - but i will have a look at this and doing tests on different computers. On my own computer and on the computer of my Augenstern there are no problems to shutdown and/or reboot LazY Puppy.

To be able to shutdown after using ctrl-alt-backspace tells me there must be something wrong with some symbolic links.

You can try to change the "Exec=" entry in the .desktop file. You will find this at /usr/share/applications-desktop-files/admin. Change the entry to the application in /usr/sbin/ceelab/shutdown-gui (or similar).

Quote:
Also with the en-version when opening up the browser it takes you to the de-version of your thread for LasY Puppy.

Yes, this has been already there in every previous version of LazY Puppy. On top of the German thread is a link to the English thread.

Gnuxo

PostPosted: Mon 18 Jun 2012, 14:58    Post subject:  

I went to start lazypup and x wouldn't start. It kept crashing.

I finally managed to get x working from the tty but only to discover that neither icewm or jwm had text in their menus or system settings.

Only thing I saw were little squares.

What could have caused that crash??? Lazypup was working fine last time I checked, except for not being able to shut down.
RSH

PostPosted: Tue 19 Jun 2012, 12:14    Post subject:  

Quote:
I went to start lazypup and x wouldn't start. It kept crashing.

I finally managed to get x working from the tty but only to discover that neither icewm or jwm had text in their menus or system settings.

Only thing I saw were little squares.

What could have caused that crash??? Lazypup was working fine last time I checked, except for not being able to shut down.

I did saw something similar once - as i did use the GIMP 2.7.3 SFS file. It's the only clue i have.

I do use now GIMP 2.7.3 only without using a save file - never had any problems again.

---

I have made now several test on 4 different computers - never seen any problem on shutdown. I did test using save file and without using a save file - no difference. Also the German user der-schutzhund did never had any problem on shutdown.

Would you please try the attached .pet to test if shutdown does work now?

After installing the .pet do restart X.

Thanks

---

The last clue i might have is: it might have to do with the hd which i do usually use to remaster the LazY Puppy and build the .pet files. This one did crash on yesterday - maybe there has been some unnoticed issues already there while making the last remaster (but i did use the German and the English version to make tests - and all work well).

I am clueless...

---

Currently i am only able to be once a day connected to the web - only for a half an hour. So i will be back tomorrow - hopefully to find positive reply on the shutdown issue.
LazY202-ShutDownFix-Test.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  LazY202-ShutDownFix-Test.pet 
Filesize  79.62 KB 
Downloaded  209 Time(s) 

oldyeller

PostPosted: Tue 19 Jun 2012, 17:33    Post subject:  

Hi Rainer,

Your pet worked just fine for me.

Thanks

oldyeller
Keef

PostPosted: Tue 19 Jun 2012, 17:34    Post subject:  

The shutdown-fix pet works for me.
I had done a manual frugal install, and after creating a save file, the shutdown button did nothing. Typing 'reboot' in a terminal just froze the system.
Page 24 of 49 [723 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, ..., 47, 48, 49 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: