LTmodem for puppy202

Using applications, configuring, problems
BHINTZ

LTmodem for puppy202

#1 Post by BHINTZ »

I upgraded a working 201 to 202. Now my ltmodem does not work. I can hook up my external for my desktop but my carrying a modem around for the laptop is a bad deal. Is their a way that I can get the driver to work for 202. I really like being able to access my XP documents and working on them without having to reboot when I'm using puppy. I am also very curious why Gnomeppp worked yesterday and doesn't work today. It operates the modem and connects with my ISP but then it just shuts down. Fortunately, GK Dial still works.

Bob

muggins

#2 Post by muggins »

i don't know about the ltmodem problem, but is billcnz's comment, at the end of this thread, relevant to your gnome-ppp prob?

http://www.murga.org/%7Epuppy/viewtopic.php?t=9146

ICPUG

#3 Post by ICPUG »

BHINTZ,

Are you using the same driver for 2.02 that you used with 2.01. If so, then that will explain why it does not work.

The driver was updated for 2.02 (Note - it may have the same name as the old driver but the date of the file is 29 July 2006)

ICPUG

BHINTZ

#4 Post by BHINTZ »

Many thanks ICPUG. I didn't realize that I had to uninstall existing driver, reboot machine and install the current one. It works like a charm on my desktop, so I imagine that I will be able to do the same thing with my laptop.

I followed your (muggins) reference and will try the suggestion. I imagine that will I will also have to start the set up over now that I have a different modem working. thanks for the help.

Bob