How to connect with Edimax EW-7811Un USB dongle?

eternal-sunshine

How to connect with Edimax EW-7811Un USB dongle?

#1 Post by eternal-sunshine »

Trying saluki 22 for the first time and it looks really interesting. However I'm having problems with WiFi connect...the achilles heel of Linux.

Using an Edimax EW-7811Un USB "nano" adaptor.
Saluki recognises it as Vendor 7392
Product ID 7811.

Using the Internet Connect Wizard it sees a RealTek rtl8192cu module but fails to detect my network.

I'm using WPA2 encryption.

Anyone any ideas? Hope this won't be a deal breaker as I use this wifi adapter on several PCs/laptops
Thanks

eternal-sunshine

#2 Post by eternal-sunshine »

Wanted this to go to the Saluki thread but it's started a new thread instead. Couldn't see how to delete it and start again,
so if Flash can move it please do.
Apologies

shariebeth

#3 Post by shariebeth »

Hi,
I am running Racy 5.3 but have just solved the exact same issue with the same dongle chipset (RTL8188CUS) and I'd bet the same version of the rtl8192cu driver was put in Racy as Saluki.
I also have several I used on multiple computers so it was a high priority for myself as well.

Take a look at this post I linked below which shows a summary of how I solved the problem and all relevant links. I can't guarantee you it will help with Saluki but hopefully it at least will get you on the right path.

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 997#627997

eternal-sunshine

#4 Post by eternal-sunshine »

Hi shariebeth,
Only just seen your post. Thanks for the suggestions. Very busy just now but will get round to seeing if this fixes things. Thanks again