Geoffrey

#3121 Post by Geoffrey »

AdobeAIR AnyFlickr, another Flickr client
Attachments
anyflickr.jpg
(76.5 KiB) Downloaded 1608 times

Geoffrey

#3122 Post by Geoffrey »

AdobeAIR FaceDesk, stand-alone application to do all your Facebook surfing with.
Attachments
facedesk.jpg
(45.57 KiB) Downloaded 1644 times
FaceDesk-0.7.pet
(98.98 KiB) Downloaded 410 times

oliverjames

#3123 Post by oliverjames »

Geoffrey wrote:AdobeAIR FaceDesk, stand-alone application to do all your Facebook surfing with.
Very nice Geoffrey, but we already have a browser that copes nicely with all that. :wink:

Dromeno

Saluki broken apps + more requests

#3124 Post by Dromeno »

Last night I had the time to test-install almost all available saluki 22 apps.

IMHO these need to be fixed:

PBurn - does not download or install
Marble and Peazip - both do install but refuse to start ("bus error")

and... snap2backup works both in lucid and in saluki but is not yet in the saluki repo. There must be lots of other old pets which do work in saluki.

oh, and I have a scanner which is recognized by lucid puppy 525 but not by saluki: Canon lide 25

more requests: gLabels, GNU Cash, gnome-commander, I2P, KMyMoney, Tor, XFE file manager

separate idea /desire:

I have played some more with Jemimah's RetroShare pet. It is a great tool for decentralized secure communication (chat, email) and file exchange. What is -as far as I can see- lacking is a dropbox-like (more accurate an opera-unite like way) to share & synchromize a folder.

I would love to have a folder on a secure virtual disk (truecrypt) shared /synchronized with other computers via the file manager (exactly like dropbox) while the synchronization process uses gpg for encryption (like retroshare).

Geoffrey

#3125 Post by Geoffrey »

oliverjames wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:AdobeAIR FaceDesk, stand-alone application to do all your Facebook surfing with.
Very nice Geoffrey, but we already have a browser that copes nicely with all that. :wink:
I know but it's just another option for facebook addicts :lol: and I may as well add what adobe air apps I can find.

While I'm at it here's another that I'm sure will be useful, PixelWindow,
PixelWindow is a simple, light-weight, cross-platform application for measuring things on your screen. It creates a transparent window that acts like a pixel ruler with its width and height reported in the center. Just drag it around and resize it to measure whatever you want.
Attachments
pwindow.jpg
(16.58 KiB) Downloaded 1567 times

Geoffrey

#3126 Post by Geoffrey »

AdobeAir TiltShift, adds cool camera effect to your pictures.
Attachments
tiltshift.jpg
(28.83 KiB) Downloaded 1527 times

Geoffrey

Re: Saluki broken apps + more requests

#3127 Post by Geoffrey »

Dromeno wrote:Last night I had the time to test-install almost all available saluki 22 apps.

IMHO these need to be fixed:

PBurn - does not download or install
Marble and Peazip - both do install but refuse to start ("bus error")

and... snap2backup works both in lucid and in saluki but is not yet in the saluki repo. There must be lots of other old pets which do work in saluki.

oh, and I have a scanner which is recognized by lucid puppy 525 but not by saluki: Canon lide 25

more requests: gLabels, GNU Cash, gnome-commander, I2P, KMyMoney, Tor, XFE file manager

separate idea /desire:

I have played some more with Jemimah's RetroShare pet. It is a great tool for decentralized secure communication (chat, email) and file exchange. What is -as far as I can see- lacking is a dropbox-like (more accurate an opera-unite like way) to share & synchromize a folder.

I would love to have a folder on a secure virtual disk (truecrypt) shared /synchronized with other computers via the file manager (exactly like dropbox) while the synchronization process uses gpg for encryption (like retroshare).
Dromeno,

Marble and Peazip need Qt installed, they are both working for me, pburn installed and is also working fine

Geoffrey

#3128 Post by Geoffrey »

AdobeAIR zFlick, I like this one, good for searching for images , no login required, looks good too.
zFlick enables you to search for anything that your mind could desire. If you come across a really cool image save it! Simply drag-n-drop to your desktop
Attachments
zflick.jpg
(71.09 KiB) Downloaded 1428 times

Geoffrey

#3129 Post by Geoffrey »

AdobeAir JustResizeIt!, desktop widget for resizing images http://www.justresizeit.com/help.html
Attachments
justresizeit.jpg
(18.58 KiB) Downloaded 1299 times

Geoffrey

#3130 Post by Geoffrey »

AdobeAir Jigsawlite, http://puzzle.watype.net/
Jigsawlite is a simple jigsaw-puzzle-maker application that runs on your desktop and enables you to make your own digital photos into your original jigsaw puzzle games.
Attachments
jigsaw.jpg
(66.65 KiB) Downloaded 1259 times

Geoffrey

#3131 Post by Geoffrey »

AdobeAir Ora, http://www.johnwu.com/ora/
Ora Time and Expense is a small easy-to-use application for tracking and generating timesheets, expense reports, and invoices.
Attachments
ora.jpg
(39.44 KiB) Downloaded 1209 times

Geoffrey

#3132 Post by Geoffrey »

AdobeAir Feat, http://www.hexagonstar.com/project/feat/
FEAT is a small utility for freelancers who want to find their optimal price range
I hope nobody minds me posting all these air apps, it's just that I'm doing them for Saluki,
though they will work in other puppies but the menu icons may not show has Saluki doesn't require the .png extension.

If you don't want me to put them here tell me to clear off :wink:
Attachments
feat.jpg
(47.96 KiB) Downloaded 1112 times

DaveS

#3133 Post by DaveS »

Geoffrey wrote:AdobeAir Feat, http://www.hexagonstar.com/project/feat/
FEAT is a small utility for freelancers who want to find their optimal price range
I hope nobody minds me posting all these air apps, it's just that I'm doing them for Saluki,
though they will work in other puppies but the menu icons may not show has Saluki doesn't require the .png extension.

If you don't want me to put them here tell me to clear off :wink:
I just cant figure out what they are for. I guess I install some kind of run-time environment along with Flash and then they run like regular apps?
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

DaveS

#3134 Post by DaveS »

I have this custom command in Thunar:

Code: Select all

mv /root/downloads/*.mp3 /mnt/sdb1/download
Is it possible to specify to show a progress bar while the move is taking place?
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

Geoffrey

#3135 Post by Geoffrey »

DaveS wrote:I just cant figure out what they are for. I guess I install some kind of run-time environment along with Flash and then they run like regular apps?

Dave,

Yes, install AdobeAIR-2.6-SDK.pet linked in this post http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 376#627376
I guess to justify having the runtime installed there needs to be some applications that use it,
so I though I'd add some while I'm inspired to do so, have no idea if anyone wants them,
but there are a number of nice apps that seem very useful. any way while the thread is not so busy I'll keep plodding along if nobody minds.

It's been fairly quite, even on the new Saluki site.

oliverjames

#3136 Post by oliverjames »

Yes Geoffrey, please keep posting the Apps, very amusing and useful, although for the life of me I can't imagine why the world needs another FB or Twitter app, or twit.

Geoffrey

#3137 Post by Geoffrey »

oliverjames wrote:Yes Geoffrey, please keep posting the Apps, very amusing and useful, although for the life of me I can't imagine why the world needs another FB or Twitter app, or twit.
Ok you asked for it, here's another one, Webcam to Gif

This one is a little strange as it don't save as gif by default, you need to name the complete file name.gif

But as you can see it works ok if you have a working webcam connected.
Attachments
myhand.gif
(154.59 KiB) Downloaded 1277 times
vincent_the_cat.jpg
(27.58 KiB) Downloaded 1260 times

Geoffrey

#3138 Post by Geoffrey »

AdobeAir Fontpicker, this also has a online app http://www.fontpicker.net/air/
Attachments
fontpicker.jpg
(62.48 KiB) Downloaded 1216 times
fontpicker-0.6.pet
(39.42 KiB) Downloaded 390 times

jim3630

#3139 Post by jim3630 »

Geoffrey wrote: I guess to justify having the runtime installed there needs to be some applications that use it,
so I though I'd add some while I'm inspired to do so, have no idea if anyone wants them,
but there are a number of nice apps that seem very useful. any way while the thread is not so busy I'll keep plodding along if nobody minds.

It's been fairly quite, even on the new Saluki site.
Geoffrey

thanks for posting them. interesting didn't know there were such apps and now curious and will install the runtime and play a bit.

don570

puppy backup 1.8

#3140 Post by don570 »

puppy backup 1.8 has been redesigned for 480 pixel height
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=77685