no sound with new pc intel 6 series / C200 chipset

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of computer audio hardware
ilanrab

#41 Post by ilanrab »

vtpup wrote:If you are not using Intel 6 series /c200 sound chips, none of your complaints should be in this thread. Nor will you get any resolution for your problems here.
I fail to see your reasoning. Once you solve the Intel 6 series/c200 issue, what makes you so confident that the other sound layers (which are not working properly) will allow you to satisfy your craving for that delicious sound?
[b]ir[/b]

vtpup

#42 Post by vtpup »

Because the tests I performed indicated to me that chipset drivers were the problem.

But even if the other sound layers do turn out to be a problem in my case, I would simply raise a separate thread topic for those very different issues, since they would by definition not be related to this specific chipset,

That way issues get addressed in appropriate threads rather than deteriorating into a catch-all for unrelated sound issues on unrelated chipsets, in the process, burying the original topic, confusing everyone trying check steps to reproduce, reducing the liklihood for help or a solution.

It's also much more effective to raise OT sound issues in another thread for a poster with those issues. Anyone who wants to help a poster would be sidetracked by the reference to these chips if in fact the poster doesn't actually have them.
[color=darkblue]Acer Aspire 5349-2635 laptop Tahrpup.[/color]
[color=blue]Acer R11 and C720 Chromebks Bionicpup64[/color]
[color=olive]Acer Iconia A1-830 tablet no pup[/color]
[color=orange]www.sredmond.com[/color]

ilanrab

#43 Post by ilanrab »

vtpup wrote:It's also much more effective to raise OT sound issues in another thread for a poster with those issues. Anyone who wants to help a poster would be sidetracked by the reference to these chips if in fact the poster doesn't actually have them.
I understand.
Just for reference; a list of these threads may be provided in this post. Those interested, should refer/post to them instead of the current thread:
- Sound, and the Puppy save file
- ??
[b]ir[/b]