How to install Nautilus file handler in Puppy?

Filemanagers, partitioning tools, etc.
Flash
Official Dog Handler

#1 Post by Flash »

I found the Ubuntu Nautilus repository here. Which of those many files do I need to install in Lucid Puppy 245? And do I need to install Gnome too? :?
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69321][color=blue]Puppy Help 101 - an interactive tutorial for Lupu 5.25[/color][/url]

sheepy

#2 Post by sheepy »

I've gotten nautilus and pcmanfm to run in puppy before. First off, the dependencies are a mess, so you will probably want the least resource-hungry one - Hardy. Just install the main file, try to run it, and the error should report which specific dependency you're missing. Keep hunting them down until it eventually runs! Be aware that some dependencies may require a dependency of their own. T_T
The file icons are a mess though. You have to work with it and the gnome icon packages to get nautilus or pcmanfm to recognize them. pcmanfm has been the easiest to work with in my experience (fixing those kind of problems with icons and whatnot was less of a hassle).
Anyway, if you get it up and running, do us all a favor and undeb each dependency and pack up a nice pet package with any fixes for the community. :3 You would be a total hero.

Hope this helped any. I mean, you could just use the ubuntu universe repo in the puppy package manager, but it leaves a lot of fat and you would have a harder time knowing exactly what was minimally needed.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

Thanks. I just want to quickly try it out. If I find I like it, I'll try to trim it down a bit.

bignono1

#4 Post by bignono1 »

I thought Nautilus is to help with the root user NIGHTMARE status in Buntu's , so who needs to be root in puppyland?

Pelo

Jejy69 has nautilus 2.32.2.1 as filesystem in puppy-gnome.

#5 Post by Pelo »

Jejy69 has nautilus 2.32.2.1 as filesystem in puppy-gnome.
ask him.

Pelo

nautilus included in Puppy-gnome

#6 Post by Pelo »

Gnewpet does not find Nautilus, in Slacko gnome . I would have done the pet, if i had been able to.
Attachments
nautilus.jpg
(46.21 KiB) Downloaded 454 times

Pelo

I created the package with Nautilus

#7 Post by Pelo »

I created the package with Nautilus file list found in hidden packages in root
24MB is the size.