Upup Precise 5.3.3.3 with kernel 3.3.2

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
rerwin

#261 Post by rerwin »

pemasu,
I just now received this from peebee:
peebee wrote:
rerwin wrote:I noticed in your first diag file that you had ssb blacklisted. But that disappeared in the other diags.
Richard
Thats how Precise came OOTB - I didn't do anything specific to cause that.......nor to un-blacklist it....

Cheers...
I do not see the blacklist-ssb file in the main SFS file. Is there something in precise that creates that /etc/modprobe.d file?

The ssb module should not be blacklisted. It gets loaded very early regardless of the blacklisting. The firmware that did not activate takes care of ssb and its friends. Please avoid forcing that blacklisting. In the diag file peebee sent me, the blacklist file was not present in bootups after the first. So, it may not be as effective as someone intended. Anyway, it should not be there. It would prevent my "firmware" module management logic from operating correctly, so must be resolved. Thanks.
Richard
Last edited by rerwin on Sat 28 Apr 2012, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.

zekebaby

#262 Post by zekebaby »

peebee wrote:
zekebaby wrote:
pemasu wrote:Upup Precise-5.3.3.3 has been uploaded.

- updated broadcom wl - b43 - b43legacy detection
Broadcom/Dell wireless adapter not detected by Network Wizard on Dell D430 (works fine in Racy 5.3 and latest slacko beta)

Is there any reason why you do not use Frisbee? Precise sort of comes with Frisbee "pre-selected" - you just right click on the wifi aerial in the tray to connect. Could you try it?
Same problem with Frisbee - no wlan0 appears; only eth0 and lo
What mode are you running Precise? If frugal, have you created a savefile and rebooted a couple of times?

Is wlan0 being created? Do you know which driver is being used? (NetWiz will tell you this)? What encryption scheme is being used?
Manual frugal install. Started with no save file, and rebooted 4 times. Still no wlan0 in Frisbee
Could you post the output of lsproc and dmesg? Does dmesg show any errors?

Or pm me the output of pmodemdiag (ignore any error messages it might throw).
lsproc does not exist. I'll PM you the dmesg and pmodemdiag shortly. The only suspicious wireless lines in dmesg are:

Code: Select all

[   22.556728] wl: module license 'MIXED/Proprietary' taints kernel.
[   22.556734] Disabling lock debugging due to kernel taint

zekebaby

#263 Post by zekebaby »

rerwin wrote:
zekebaby wrote:Broadcom/Dell wireless adapter not detected by Network Wizard on Dell D430 (works fine in Racy 5.3 and latest slacko beta)
The "updated broadcom detection" may require a second boot-up to have a device be detected by the b43 (open-source) driver. The first boot uses the proprietary (wl) driver if it claims to support a particular device. But sometimes it lies! In that case, an error message is detected and changes are made so that the next boot-up will use b43. So, before concluding that a broadcom wifi device is not detected, try a reboot. If that still fails to detect, then we have a problem to work.
Richard
4 reboots from a clean frugal install. Still no wlan appearing in Frisbee or Network Wizard. I PMed the diagnostic output to peebee. See my post above for a possible dmesg hint.

Thanks

pemasu

#264 Post by pemasu »

[ 22.556728] wl: module license 'MIXED/Proprietary' taints kernel.
[ 22.556734] Disabling lock debugging due to kernel taint
Found reference for that message in one wl debug thread:
The message about the tainted kernel is nothing to worry about. All it means is that the module is not approved when looked at in the light of licensing etc. Not in terms of its engineering quality.

Jim1911

Precise 5.3.3.3

#265 Post by Jim1911 »

Hi pemasu,

Impressive! Using the ppm, I installed Xiphos, a heavily gnome based program. It installed perfectly from the ubuntu repositories. This is the only pup that I've been able to install Xiphos in without having some missing dependencies. :D

Also, your Bibletime implementation that you prepared for Exprimo works fine. :D

So far Precise is looking great.

Cheers,
Jim
Attachments
image-1.jpg
(53.05 KiB) Downloaded 742 times

peebee

#266 Post by peebee »

Hi Zekebaby

Many thanks for all your reports (apologies in my haste - should have been lsmod I requested)

I've now confirmed your findings on my laptop.....and

rerwin is now on the case - see: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... &start=258

but there is still a blacklisting mystery to be solved.

Thanks again for your testing
Cheers
peebee
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

musher0

#267 Post by musher0 »

Hello, gang.

Still following the news here, but I was side-tracked researching a java/LO problem. Back in a bit.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

musher0

#268 Post by musher0 »

Precise 5.3.3.3 generally working great on my machine. Geany's editor had sick colours, however (green+turquoise+blue, and pale at that: couldn't read a thing). Doesn't have the same configs as in other Puppies, for some reason.

So replaced geany with my compilation of joe. Phew, I can edit again.
Replaced old urxvt with 2011 edition. Replaced seamonkey with opera.

next item on the list: install the real less, so I can have a real text reader and with benefits.

All the above easy to do, even on a DVD "install". That's Puppy for you.

Also, frisbee needed some convincing to give me a connection. Third time around, he finally gave me what I needed! :twisted:

Too bad Precise doesn't come with the most recent abiword (9.2) with full set of plugins.

Shutdown routines now ok out of the box. Nice set of gtk & jwm themes. Impressive reduction in sfs size: bravo, pemasu!

BFN.
Attachments
precise-120429.jpg
My Precise 5.3.3.3 in dark blue garb.
(91.84 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

James C

#269 Post by James C »

On both my frugal and full installs of Precise I ended up having to use the original Network Wizard to get a connection that would be persistent.
On boot, Frisbee would acquire the connection and immediately drop it (pretty noticeable with the nice dialog boxes). Manually resetting the connection with Frisbee would work.......till a reboot.
SNS wouldn't even make a connection but Network Wizard worked on both installs and is persistent.
Never had this much trouble with my simple wired dsl connection on any Puppy..... :lol: Working now though so .......

EDIT:

Disregard all the above-mentioned connection problems...apparently something I installed was interfering with Frisbee ,and the internet connection in general, since deleting the save file and starting fresh solved the problem.
Now to trace the app that caused the problem......
Last edited by James C on Sun 29 Apr 2012, 10:07, edited 1 time in total.

oui

#270 Post by oui »

as it is not really a matter concerning specially THIS new version .3

I did publish my new comment here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 806#623806

linux28

#271 Post by linux28 »

In file included from dbus.c:33:0:
dbus-server-bindings.h:5:39: error: ‘dbus_glib_marshal_audacious_rc_BOOLEAN__POINTER_POINTER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
dbus-server-bindings.h:6:36: error: ‘dbus_glib_marshal_audacious_rc_BOOLEAN__POINTER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
dbus-server-bindings.h:9:45: error: ‘dbus_glib_marshal_audacious_rc_BOOLEAN__BOOLEAN_POINTER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
dbus-server-bindings.h:18:36: error: ‘dbus_glib_marshal_audacious_rc_BOOLEAN__POINTER_POINTER_POINTER_POINTER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
dbus-server-bindings.h:20:36: error: ‘dbus_glib_marshal_audacious_rc_BOOLEAN__UINT_POINTER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
dbus-server-bindings.h:21:38: error: ‘dbus_glib_marshal_audacious_rc_BOOLEAN__POINTER_POINTER_POINTER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
dbus-server-bindings.h:22:42: error: ‘dbus_glib_marshal_audacious_rc_BOOLEAN__INT_INT_POINTER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
dbus-server-bindings.h:28:42: error: ‘dbus_glib_marshal_audacious_rc_BOOLEAN__UINT_POINTER_POINTER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
dbus-server-bindings.h:32:42: error: ‘dbus_glib_marshal_audacious_rc_BOOLEAN__UINT_STRING_POINTER_POINTER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
dbus-server-bindings.h:34:35: error: ‘dbus_glib_marshal_audacious_rc_BOOLEAN__STRING_POINTER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
dbus-server-bindings.h:36:40: error: ‘dbus_glib_marshal_audacious_rc_BOOLEAN__BOXED_POINTER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
dbus-server-bindings.h:59:55: error: ‘dbus_glib_marshal_audacious_rc_BOOLEAN__STRING_INT_POINTER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
dbus-server-bindings.h:61:45: error: ‘dbus_glib_marshal_audacious_rc_BOOLEAN__INT_POINTER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
dbus-server-bindings.h:64:51: error: ‘dbus_glib_marshal_audacious_rc_BOOLEAN__INT_POINTER_POINTER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
dbus-server-bindings.h:69:38: error: ‘dbus_glib_marshal_audacious_rc_BOOLEAN__DOUBLE_BOXED_POINTER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
dbus-server-bindings.h:70:45: error: ‘dbus_glib_marshal_audacious_rc_BOOLEAN__DOUBLE_POINTER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
dbus-server-bindings.h:71:43: error: ‘dbus_glib_marshal_audacious_rc_BOOLEAN__INT_DOUBLE_POINTER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
dbus-server-bindings.h:88:38: error: ‘dbus_glib_marshal_mpris_root_BOOLEAN__POINTER_POINTER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
dbus-server-bindings.h:88:3: error: initializer element is not constant
dbus-server-bindings.h:88:3: error: (near initialization for ‘dbus_glib_mpris_root_methods[0].marshaller’)
dbus-server-bindings.h:89:34: error: ‘dbus_glib_marshal_mpris_root_BOOLEAN__POINTER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
dbus-server-bindings.h:89:3: error: initializer element is not constant
dbus-server-bindings.h:89:3: error: (near initialization for ‘dbus_glib_mpris_root_methods[1].marshaller’)
dbus-server-bindings.h:104:47: error: ‘dbus_glib_marshal_mpris_tracklist_BOOLEAN__INT_POINTER_POINTER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
dbus-server-bindings.h:104:3: error: initializer element is not constant
dbus-server-bindings.h:104:3: error: (near initialization for ‘dbus_glib_mpris_tracklist_methods[0].marshaller’)
dbus-server-bindings.h:105:52: error: ‘dbus_glib_marshal_mpris_tracklist_BOOLEAN__POINTER_POINTER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
dbus-server-bindings.h:105:3: error: initializer element is not constant
dbus-server-bindings.h:105:3: error: (near initialization for ‘dbus_glib_mpris_tracklist_methods[1].marshaller’)
dbus-server-bindings.h:106:3: error: initializer element is not constant
dbus-server-bindings.h:106:3: error: (near initialization for ‘dbus_glib_mpris_tracklist_methods[2].marshaller’)
dbus-server-bindings.h:107:44: error: ‘dbus_glib_marshal_mpris_tracklist_BOOLEAN__STRING_BOOLEAN_POINTER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
dbus-server-bindings.h:107:3: error: initializer element is not constant
dbus-server-bindings.h:107:3: error: (near initialization for ‘dbus_glib_mpris_tracklist_methods[3].marshaller’)
dbus-server-bindings.h:108:44: error: ‘dbus_glib_marshal_mpris_tracklist_BOOLEAN__INT_POINTER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
dbus-server-bindings.h:108:3: error: initializer element is not constant
dbus-server-bindings.h:108:3: error: (near initialization for ‘dbus_glib_mpris_tracklist_methods[4].marshaller’)
dbus-server-bindings.h:109:39: error: ‘dbus_glib_marshal_mpris_tracklist_BOOLEAN__BOOLEAN_POINTER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
dbus-server-bindings.h:109:3: error: initializer element is not constant
dbus-server-bindings.h:109:3: error: (near initialization for ‘dbus_glib_mpris_tracklist_methods[5].marshaller’)
dbus-server-bindings.h:110:3: error: initializer element is not constant
dbus-server-bindings.h:110:3: error: (near initialization for ‘dbus_glib_mpris_tracklist_methods[6].marshaller’)
dbus-server-bindings.h:125:36: error: ‘dbus_glib_marshal_mpris_player_BOOLEAN__POINTER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
dbus-server-bindings.h:125:3: error: initializer element is not constant
dbus-server-bindings.h:125:3: error: (near initialization for ‘dbus_glib_mpris_player_methods[0].marshaller’)
dbus-server-bindings.h:126:3: error: initializer element is not constant
dbus-server-bindings.h:126:3: error: (near initialization for ‘dbus_glib_mpris_player_methods[1].marshaller’)
dbus-server-bindings.h:127:3: error: initializer element is not constant
dbus-server-bindings.h:127:3: error: (near initialization for ‘dbus_glib_mpris_player_methods[2].marshaller’)
dbus-server-bindings.h:128:3: error: initializer element is not constant
dbus-server-bindings.h:128:3: error: (near initialization for ‘dbus_glib_mpris_player_methods[3].marshaller’)
dbus-server-bindings.h:129:3: error: initializer element is not constant
dbus-server-bindings.h:129:3: error: (near initialization for ‘dbus_glib_mpris_player_methods[4].marshaller’)
dbus-server-bindings.h:130:38: error: ‘dbus_glib_marshal_mpris_player_BOOLEAN__BOOLEAN_POINTER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
dbus-server-bindings.h:130:3: error: initializer element is not constant
dbus-server-bindings.h:130:3: error: (near initialization for ‘dbus_glib_mpris_player_methods[5].marshaller’)
dbus-server-bindings.h:131:42: error: ‘dbus_glib_marshal_mpris_player_BOOLEAN__POINTER_POINTER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
dbus-server-bindings.h:131:3: error: initializer element is not constant
dbus-server-bindings.h:131:3: error: (near initialization for ‘dbus_glib_mpris_player_methods[6].marshaller’)
dbus-server-bindings.h:132:3: error: initializer element is not constant
dbus-server-bindings.h:132:3: error: (near initialization for ‘dbus_glib_mpris_player_methods[7].marshaller’)
dbus-server-bindings.h:133:3: error: initializer element is not constant
dbus-server-bindings.h:133:3: error: (near initialization for ‘dbus_glib_mpris_player_methods[8].marshaller’)
dbus-server-bindings.h:134:42: error: ‘dbus_glib_marshal_mpris_player_BOOLEAN__INT_POINTER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
dbus-server-bindings.h:134:3: error: initializer element is not constant
dbus-server-bindings.h:134:3: error: (near initialization for ‘dbus_glib_mpris_player_methods[9].marshaller’)
dbus-server-bindings.h:135:3: error: initializer element is not constant
dbus-server-bindings.h:135:3: error: (near initialization for ‘dbus_glib_mpris_player_methods[10].marshaller’)
dbus-server-bindings.h:136:3: error: initializer element is not constant
dbus-server-bindings.h:136:3: error: (near initialization for ‘dbus_glib_mpris_player_methods[11].marshaller’)
dbus-server-bindings.h:137:3: error: initializer element is not constant
dbus-server-bindings.h:137:3: error: (near initialization for ‘dbus_glib_mpris_player_methods[12].marshaller’)
Failed to compile dbus.c!
make[5]: *** [dbus.o] Error 1
make[4]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
dbus?

linux28

#272 Post by linux28 »

Failed to compile dbus.c!
:shock: :shock:

pemasu

#273 Post by pemasu »

I test compiled dbus with source I had in script.
# configure the package
./configure $BASE_CONFIGURE_ARGS \
--prefix=/usr \
--libexecdir=/usr/lib$LIBDIR_SUFFIX/dbus-1.0 \
--with-system-pid-file=/var/run/dbus/pid \
--disable-asserts \
--disable-checks \
--disable-verbose-mode \
--disable-tests \
--disable-gcov \
--disable-selinux \
--disable-libaudit \
--disable-dnotify \
--enable-inotify \
--disable-kqueue \
--disable-userdb-cache \
--with-xml=expat \
--with-x

And.....this is what I got...after stripping and splitting...
The uploaded pets are just example that the dbus compile did work. I dont recommed to use them....
I dont have intention to compile core packages if there isnt any serious problem with them. I am going to use Precise Pangolin packages with woof download in the future also. If someone finds serious problem and solution to the it...with recompile...please post full story....compiling options in ./configure and what solution you got with it.
It would help my small brains to understand the need to update core packages....

Oh yeah....I do have full less in build but should it be named as less-FULL when the busybox one is not used ?
Attachments
dbus_DOC-1.2.26.pet
(23.88 KiB) Downloaded 297 times

pemasu

#274 Post by pemasu »

I have now played a lot with sns - Frisbee - dhcpcd.

Frisbee uses it`s own patched dhcpcd. The dhcpcd hooks are common...Frisbee ones amongst the original dhcpcd compiled ones.

I have now compiled dhcpcd in Upup Precise which sns uses.
/usr/sbin has the dhcpcd with sns uses.
/usr/local/sbin/dhcpcd has the Frisbee used one...sns does not work with it.

Atm no symlinks so....hopefully no interfering.....

But...if you create wireless profile with Frisbee or with sns they surely interferes each other and leads to non automatically connected wireless connection.

Having several wireless wizards makes things difficult...and I really dont understand all the logics behind sns and Frisbee scripts...in fact quite little of them...they are higher mathematic that I can understand.

I know that Saluki has improved Frisbee...but I dont know if sns works better with it.

I will continue my experiments with time I have....

marco07

#275 Post by marco07 »

Hi pemasu:
I just finished going through this thread for the first time. I would like to wish you all the bests with your surgery and job business. I hope everything will go well and you will have a fast recovery.
I will download upop 5.3.3.3 and will be testing it as well.
Good luck!
Regards

linux28

#276 Post by linux28 »

pemasu wrote:I test compiled dbus with source I had in script.
dbus ok

Leaving directory audtool.
Entering directory libeggsmclient.
Leaving directory libeggsmclient.
Entering directory libaudcore.
Leaving directory libaudcore.
Entering directory libaudgui.
Leaving directory libaudgui.
Entering directory libaudtag.
Leaving directory libaudtag.
Entering directory audacious.
/usr/bin/ld: pluginenum.o: undefined reference to symbol 'g_module_symbol'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'g_module_symbol' is defined in DSO /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so.0 so try adding it to the linker command line
/usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so.0: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Failed to link audacious!
make[5]: *** [audacious] Error 1
make[4]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
g_module_symbol?[/quote]

linux28

#277 Post by linux28 »

audacious deb

process 1624: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed to read machine uuid: Failed to open "/usr/var/lib/dbus/machine-id": No such file or directory
See the manual page for dbus-uuidgen to correct this issue.
  D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
Aborted

don570

#278 Post by don570 »

I installed audacious with a pet package

audacious-3.2-1.pet

and it works great with mp3splt!!

DOWNLOAD HERE

playdayz

#279 Post by playdayz »

audacious-3.2-1.pet
There is also Audacious 3.2.2 http://diddywahdiddy.net/Puppy500/audacious-3.2.2.pet

pemasu

#280 Post by pemasu »

Failed to open "/usr/var/lib/dbus/machine-id": No such file or directory

The place to read it should be /var/lib/dbus/machine-id

That audacious deb surely needs some modification if you are gonna use it.