A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
humblesoul

#1681 Post by humblesoul »

Downloading. Thank you playdaze!

majorfoo

#1682 Post by majorfoo »

Running lupuplus-528-005 full install ext4 partition

no problems to report

Really like the new help features that are now working on many of the apps.

It keeps getting better and better.

Thanks to your hard work, many people around the world have a first class puppy to play with. An occasional trip to the vet (Dr. Playdayz). no food or water, no trips outside for bathroom break, an occasional walk and countless hours of enjoyment for the owner.

gcmartin

#1683 Post by gcmartin »

Lupu005LIbre, SAMBA 3.6.3 (both 01Micko's and Pemasu's versions work) and AngryIP are sprite and stable.

Thanks. This combination is a Vista/Windows7 replacement. My Apple, Windows PC and games all see the stuff/documents shared from this Puppy.

Great work Playdayz!

Should your step into the future, how about "real" OOTB browser instead of what comes currently. The ability to choose, though a good one, delays the use of the system and search needs.

Thanks, again for all of this great stuff you do for us.

playdayz

#1684 Post by playdayz »

I tried each lucid and i was always deceived with bugs : no Shutdown in 511, 525 quite good, 528 no sound.
But i try this one.
The very best is Slacko. Racy works well.
Bonjour Pelo, Thank you for your comments. It is good that Slacko is working well for you. It is a very good Puppy. It is newer than Lucid and still being actively developed by 01micko.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just posted a "quick tweak" maintenance update for LupuPlus Libre--you will notice a "-1" at the end of the name now. 3 very small things were changed: 1) Libre Office does not now check for an upgrade automatically--the reason is that upgrading would use massive amounts of pupsave--if someone does want to upgrade it can be done manually; 2) sylpheed does not check for an update automatically either--I found it distracting especially since the "update" was just the source code--the current Sylpheed is the latest; 3) Homebank is updated to 4.4. There will be a similar quick fix update to Lupu Plus in the next day or so. http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 054#622054

If you downloaded the original, you can change the behavior yourself of Libre Update: Tools -> Options -> Online Update. To change Sylpheed: Configuration -> Common Preferences -> Details -> Update. And here is Homebank 4.4 for anyone who wants it. http://diddywahdiddy.net/Puppy500/homebank-4.4.pet

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
gcmartin wrote:
Abiword has a history of incompatibilities with formats
I believe it helps to change the default save format in Abiword to odt (opendocument) which I have done in all 005 versions.

bigpup

#1685 Post by bigpup »

Just an idea.

If LupuLibre has Libre Office, is there a need to also have Abiword in it.
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

bigpup

Re: Lucid 5.2.8

#1686 Post by bigpup »

Playdayz,

Noticed Pelo added to his earlier comments. Seems Lupu 528.005 solved his problems.
Pelo wrote: Tout fonctionne ! Miracle
Everything works well, wonderfull. ( at the first glance...)
YaPI(any iso installer)

ICPUG

#1687 Post by ICPUG »

bigpup wrote:Just an idea.

If LupuLibre has Libre Office, is there a need to also have Abiword in it.
My PC at work has Windows , Microsoft Office and Wordpad.

I find I use Microsoft office for the heavy duty reports and Wordpad when I want to write a quick note but want some formatting capability.

I think Libre Office and Abiword may be the Linux equivalents of Microsoft Office and Wordpad, although Abiword may be a bit over the top for Wordpad if there is a smaller replacement available.

Used in this way I think some of the difficulties/problems of Abiword disappear.

The more difficult question is whether Gnumeric can be dispensed with. I haven't really used Libre Office Calc enough yet to form an opinion as to whether Gnumeric is now redundant.

kevin bowers

#1688 Post by kevin bowers »

ICPUG wrote: Used in this way I think some of the difficulties/problems of Abiword disappear.
As long as you don't allow AbiWord to save anything critical, yes, but it only takes about a second longer to load SWriter.

Yes, Gnumeric is redundant in LupuLibre, but at least it's reliable if you do accidentally use it instead of Calc.

Just a thought to throw out: wasn't it just 2 or 3 weeks ago we were lamenting the passing of the late great Lupu? It looks to me like it will be a viable (and very useable) distro for quite some time, largely due to the efforts of Playdayz. Many thanks to him and the other devs!

recobayu

lucid can't reboot

#1689 Post by recobayu »

i do full install lupuplus 528.005.
at first and second shutdown, it is no problem, but the third, lupuplus can't shutdown. after black screen, lupu back again to desktop, but no sound. when i poweroff again, it still back to desktop and no sound, over and over again. so i force shutdown by press and hold my power button.
lucid is the one of my favorite puppy. can anyone tell me how to fix that?
thanks in advance.
myblog: [url]http://muktyas.blogspot.com[/url]

Sage

#1690 Post by Sage »

...the third, lupuplus can't shutdown
Ah! Perhaps that's where ditto Saluki got it from?
This is serious, but no idea how to fix it.

bigpup

Re: lucid can't reboot

#1691 Post by bigpup »

recobayu wrote:i do full install lupuplus 528.005.
at first and second shutdown, it is no problem, but the third, lupuplus can't shutdown. after black screen, lupu back again to desktop, but no sound.
One thing that can cause this when it is a full install.
If the partition Lupuplus is installed on, is mounted by clicking on the partition drive icon on the desktop.
If it is not unmounted by right clicking on partition drive icon and choosing unmount.
At shutdown it will do as you indicate.
YaPI(any iso installer)

playdayz

#1692 Post by playdayz »

There is a little tweak to Lupu Libre now lupulibre-528.005-2. Basically it includes the doc-type pet that was extra, along with turning off auto-updating in Libre Office. http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=70855

Psip32 is now included long with Pburn 3.5.2.

Sage

#1693 Post by Sage »

If it is not unmounted..
Bingo! Thanks, BP.
Don't usually have to bother. Perhaps there's something in Control Panel for auto-unmounting?

Later: Oh no it isn't! Spuriosity returns; reported on Saluki thread. This is new!

prehistoric

#1694 Post by prehistoric »

Doggone playdayz, I haven't finished installing the earlier versions.

I ran into a problem which I notice on LupuLibre5.2.8.005. On a machine which uses the nvidia 96... driver recommended by the button on the drivers tab of quickpet, there is a race condition between different processes. To get a good install I clicked "no" when it asked if I wanted to exit X at that time, then did a control-alt-backspace exit to the cli -- after the driver had been installed and the menu updated.

What appears to happen on some machines, but not others, even with the same graphics, is that the exit takes place while the script is still working on the XML for the menu. This produces an error message when I return to the desktop, and sometimes a truncated menu.

I had earlier installed ordinary 5.2.8.005 on the same machine without a problem. It appears that the longer menus, and the speed of the machine, cause this problem to manifest itself on LupuLibre.

gcmartin

JRE or JAVA PETs issues in Puppy LInux distros

#1695 Post by gcmartin »

I have discovered a problem with JAVA support in latest version of LupuPLUS-Libre.

It is described here. And,is similar with some past efforts.

cthisbear

#1696 Post by cthisbear »

Updated Lucid ISO 005

Thisis the first time I have connected with wireless
on the Asus Eee PC with Puppy.

Ralink corp. RT3090 Wireless 802.11n 1T/1R PCIe

Encrypted >> WPA2 >>

What a stinker.

Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz
Socket Designation: PBGA 437

Ethernet controller : Atheros Communications AR8132 Fast Ethernet (rev c0)

Network controller : Ralink corp. RT3090 Wireless 802.11n 1T/1R PCIe

"""""""""""""

Thanks ....Chris.

recobayu

#1697 Post by recobayu »

thanks bigpup,
i found a solution about shutdown problem by musher0 at this thread:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=622476
and now, my puppy can shutdown normally.
thanks. :D

Sage

#1698 Post by Sage »

Oh yes, there is a problem with shutdown and this may be a solution in some cases:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=77818
Thanks, aarf.

ICPUG

#1699 Post by ICPUG »

Had a play with LupuPlus Libre 5.2.8.005 last night.

Despite the fact my laptop only has 512K memory the result is awesome with a frugal Lin'N'Win install. A bit of a delay while waiting for Libre Office to load from hard disk but nothing exceptional.

This is the first time I have had Libre Office running with its in-built help working without asking for the internet! Knoppix has Libre Office as well but it asks for the internet if you click help. Perhaps they have not configured Java properly.

Libre Office includes the Base module. Puppy has a database at last - for those that need it! Haven't tested it though. Worth a test as this depends on Java.

Does Libre office include the Math module? Didn't see it on any menus anywhere.

I downloaded the -1 update last night so will install properly with save file tonight.

Very annoying that a minor update comes so soon after release. Now there is a -2 on the LupuLibre option. Not sure if that is bringing it up to LupuPlusLibre standard (some of it certainly is) or whether it goes a bit beyond. Annoying if it does. I don't like this rotational update approach! Upgrade all strands to the same standard at once.

To be perfect this Libre option could do with a lot of boring tweaking work to align everything with the Libre Office addition. For example PupApps needs a tweek although the new PupMenu automagically detects Libre! The help file from the desktop needs changes. Pup Help 101 probably needs some additions. I'm not asking for Playdayz to do this. what he has done is awesome. We need some polishers to give the final sheen.

I love this Puppy!

playdayz

#1700 Post by playdayz »

For anyone interested.

Three-Headed Dog Version 5.2.8.005 Updated ISO APR 25, 2012 - Luci-001.005

The big news is that Help is working in Abiword and Homebank and the web links are working in many (or all) programs Help -> About. More big news is that there is a Libre version with Libre Office 3.5.2 installed and integrated with the desktop

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 539#552539
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does Libre office include the Math module?
The Math (Formula) module is included, but no menu entry. Menu -> Document -> Libre Office 3.5 is a way to start it.

No more updates for a while. I hesitate to mention it but it *might* be possible to remaster a Libre version to run in ram on that 512MB machine. If one started with 3HD Libre one would need to remove about 26-30MB to shrink the luci_001.sfs below 256MB. Abiword is about 6MB and Gnumeric is about 7Mb, so that would be a start. 3HD uses the separate z-drive for the drivers which saves some space. And wait a minute, I had to use a large guvcview to get it to work, so that is another 6MB! Anyone have suggestions for a couple of other 2-3Mb programs that could be removed? midori and xine-dvd might do it.
Libre Office includes the Base module. Puppy has a database at last - for those that need it! Haven't tested it though. Worth a test as this depends on Java.
Lupu Plus Libre has java built in--Lupu Libre doesn't. I used shinboar's latest jre http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 08&t=61287