i need driver to opl3-sax is not up in my puppybr help me

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
toveno

i need driver to opl3-sax is not up in my puppybr help me

#1 Post by toveno »

i need driver to opl3-sax sound card is not up in my puppybr help me

tanks :shock:

toddyjoe

#2 Post by toddyjoe »

Which version of Puppy are you referring to when you say "puppybr?" Is that Puppy Barebones? Which numbered version of the Puppy Barebones? I have the same Yamaha OLP3-SAx sound chipset in my IBM Thinkpad and have no problem using it with several versions of Puppy. Maybe I can help you out if you have some more information regarding the version of Puppy you are using.

toveno

#3 Post by toveno »

toddyjoe wrote:Which version of Puppy are you referring to when you say "puppybr?" Is that Puppy Barebones? Which numbered version of the Puppy Barebones? I have the same Yamaha OLP3-SAx sound chipset in my IBM Thinkpad and have no problem using it with several versions of Puppy. Maybe I can help you out if you have some more information regarding the version of Puppy you are using.
puppybr 8

toddyjoe

#4 Post by toddyjoe »

That is the Brazilian version of Puppy 1.0.8, correct? I will download the "iso" file and try to get it work with my Thinkpad laptop and OPL3-SAx sound chip. I will report back in a day or so after I try it out to see if there is a problem.

toddyjoe

#5 Post by toddyjoe »

toveno, I could not get the Brazilian version of Puppy that you are using to work at all on my computer. I am not sure why but I end up getting getting "Kernel panic" warnings or the Brazilian version of Puppy fails to boot on the computer. Unfortunately, I cannot check to see if the OPL3-SAx automatically loads with that computer.

I assume that PuppyBR 108 has the ALSA sound system just like Puppy 1.0.8? Have you tried opening an Xterm command window and typing "insmod opl3-sa2" or "insmod opl3" in the command line? I think "insmod opl3-sa2" should install the ALSA driver used for the Yamaha OPL3-SAx. Try it and let us know if it works. If not, let us know what error messages are displayed.

toveno

#6 Post by toveno »

toddyjoe wrote:toveno, I could not get the Brazilian version of Puppy that you are using to work at all on my computer. I am not sure why but I end up getting getting "Kernel panic" warnings or the Brazilian version of Puppy fails to boot on the computer. Unfortunately, I cannot check to see if the OPL3-SAx automatically loads with that computer.

I assume that PuppyBR 108 has the ALSA sound system just like Puppy 1.0.8? Have you tried opening an Xterm command window and typing "insmod opl3-sa2" or "insmod opl3" in the command line? I think "insmod opl3-sa2" should install the ALSA driver used for the Yamaha OPL3-SAx. Try it and let us know if it works. If not, let us know what error messages are displayed.
yes my friend on this version is need put vmlinuz + image.gz+usr.cram.fs on hda and boot
maybe you need edit the autoexec.bat to fix memory some times happen a problem in size memory .