XBMC 11 Eden

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
Speedyluck

XBMC 11 Eden

#1 Post by Speedyluck »

Here the new xbmc 11 pet and sfs for ati and nvidia cards:

For nvidia cards:
pet:
xbmc-11.0-vdpau.pet
md5sum:
68a15aa43f97f42baf51dc5aaa160468
sfs:
xbmc-11.0-vdpau.sfs
md5sum:
565f50e705d65aed6865b3ce528e7d0f

For ati - intel:
pet:
xbmc-11.0-xvba.pet
md5sum:
22d2445e76e8dd3ab31a7fa54f0eb236
sfs:
xbmc-11.0-xvba_528.sfs
md5sum:
8811decb98598ad63395a68a8a3d16f9

need python:
Python-2.6-Lucid.pet
and drivers vga:
ati drivers 8.951 with catalyst 12.3 and opengl 3.3 (april 2012):
ati-driver-8.951-catalyst-12.3-opengl-3.3-k2.6.33.2.pet
need reboot, not restartwm
nvidia 295.33 with opengl (april 2012):
nvidia-295.33-k2.6.33.2.pet
need only restartwm
Last edited by Speedyluck on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 12:23, edited 2 times in total.

slipsystem

#2 Post by slipsystem »

Hey would love to try this pet.

Will this work in lucid 5.2.8?

I have the recomended nvidia drivers installed and it worked in xbmc 10 do I still need to install your divers?

Is there an alternative download link that site tells me I have reached my maximum downloads for today.

Sorry to be a pain

Thanks Andre

LateAdopter

#3 Post by LateAdopter »

Hello Speedyluck

Thanks for providing this. I have been looking for a way to try XBMC with XVBA on a Puppy for some time.

I have set up the SFS version on Lupu 528 and it seems to be working correctly at the first attempt.

The XBMC user interface is pretty incomprehensible so it will take a while before I am sure of what I am doing!

I have tried my two difficult H.264 1920x1080 interlaced DVB TS test recordings, and they both worked perfectly. Nothing else I have tried can do this.

My PC is a Athlon II x2 240 CPU and 785G (RS880G) chipset, and the PC is only taking 46 Watts total wallplug power when playing these videos with XVBA. That is the best yet.

I guess this is from the main development using VAAPI+XVBA. It says 11 pre, Git unknown. Not the latest XBMC-XVBA from FernetMenta and fritsch that does XVBA directly:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116996

Thanks again.

kooliepup

#4 Post by kooliepup »

Very nice.

If only Puppy looked as slick as that.

and the ATI driver cured a Xinerama issue I had with a previous version.

All good.
Thanks.

Speedyluck

#5 Post by Speedyluck »

The drivers are last update from april 2012,
i tried xbmc-xvba without vaapi and it is ok (with last drivers ati and catalyst 12.3)

chrome307

#6 Post by chrome307 »

@ Speedyluck

Thanks for the recent Nvidia drivers, I was going to attempt to compile them myself but was a bit stuck.

Added an alternative host for the Nvidia drivers here:

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-b5559283.html

kazzamozz

XBMC 11 Eden

#7 Post by kazzamozz »

Hi Everyone
I have been away from here it seems forever. I have 2 projects currently going.
LinuxMint13 - XBMC
Puppy 528 - XBMC (just started)
Both are being installed on the HP Proliant Server N40L
4 x 2TBs drives with 250Gbs for an operating system
Final build is being played around with ie: Graphic Cards which will end up the best.
8GB RAM
Also plan on a pretty old Toshiba Tecra Laptop to do the same.
I have 5 other builds I have done so when I have success all will be posted with Pros/Cons what works best etc.

Getting it to work on the Tecra is a bit of a challenge re the GL drivers.
Will update this post when I have a fully functional Pup working with XBMC !!!
Once that happens I can then incorporate the Astone MP310DT that I use along with my built HTPCs.
Mint13 is giving me some trouble on the HP server so I thought I would go back to my original roots and have a look at what's happening with Puppy. Pleasantly surprised at how far it has come.
Also awaiting my Raspberry PI exciting times ahead. :)

Cheers
Kazzamozz

BadCam

Alternate download site required please...

#8 Post by BadCam »

Could someone please post an alternate site for this XBMC 11.0 pet?

I keep getting messages saying that I'm downloading more than two items at once. Yet, I'm not. I'm just using the File Save As option.

I'd love to try XBMC out on Puppy.

slipsystem

xbmc

#9 Post by slipsystem »

My internet is extremly so! I will post the link when its done uploading.

Here's a link to xbmc 10 if you want to try that so long.

http://208.109.22.214/puppy/viewtopic.p ... 01a4889d50

Andre

slipsystem

#10 Post by slipsystem »

bbg

XBMC PVR

#11 Post by bbg »

I'm using XBMC with no problem. But I can't find any version, which has PVR support integrated. Is there any PET around? Help.

RSH

#12 Post by RSH »

Only two files are now available.

The rest of the presented links won't work anymore :cry:
[b][url=http://lazy-puppy.weebly.com]LazY Puppy[/url][/b]
[b][url=http://rshs-dna.weebly.com]RSH's DNA[/url][/b]
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=91422][b]SARA B.[/b][/url]

LateAdopter

#13 Post by LateAdopter »

Hello bbg

BarryK's latest Precise Puppy beta 6 can install XBMC and all of the dependencies, from the Ubuntu Repo, and it does work. So don't try it without a safety net!

But PVR is still the development branch of XBMC, so you would need to find a suitable version on launchpad.net

I have installed XBMC-XVBA variant from the wsnipex PPA there, and it does work, too.

Since this is your first post here, I guess you are new to Puppy. But if you can find something suitable I can tell you how to add the particular PPA to the Puppy Package Manager, by editing the DISTRO_COMPAT_REPOS file, so that you can install it.

I think the PVR branch is updated monthly.

Note: I don't use XBMC myself, I was only testing out the PPM in Precise Puppy.

bbg

xbmc

#14 Post by bbg »

Hello

Thanks for replay. I will install Precise Puppy. How to add PPA to depositary?
I will use ppa:pulse-eight/pulse. I'm just trying to build my HTPC, and I come over to Puppy. It is awsome and I love it.

LateAdopter

Adding Launchpad PPA to Precise PPM

#15 Post by LateAdopter »

Hello bbg

To add a PPA to the Package Manager you need to give it the following information, in a specific format:

1: The domain name of the server

2: The full path of the Packages file (which may be text, .gz or .bz2, (it doesn't matter for a PPA as it's small)

3: The first part of the path to the installation files, that is not specified in the Packages file.

4: The title you want for the repo

To get this, open the PPA web page in a browser. Click on "technical details of repo", select "Precise" in the drop down box.

The path it gives is the answer to 3: and you can take 1: from it as well.

To find 2: click on the link and then navigate down the tree until you get to the Packages file. In your case its this:

http://ppa.launchpad.net/pulse-eight/pu ... 6/Packages

That is the answer to 2:, but I used Packages.bz2 because that was what the other entries in the package manager had.

Next you need to edit the file /root/.packages/DISTRO_COMPAT_REPOS to add the information. So make a backup copy and then open DISTRO_COMPAT_REPOS in a text editor. It's a bit difficult to follow because there are two very long lines of data. But there are some words desribing what each line consists of.

The first line is 1:|2:|4: and the second is 1:|3:|4: So in your case they are:

ppa.launchpad.net|http://ppa.launchpad.net/pulse-eight/pu ... BMC-Pulse8

ppa.launchpad.net|http://ppa.launchpad.net/pulse-eight/pu ... BMC-Pulse8

Copy and Paste at the end of each relevant line of existing data, but after a space and before the "

Save the file.

Open Package Manager and select: "Configure" and then "update". When it asks, you can skip all of the repos apart from Launchpad, the Ubuntu ones take a long time to process.

When that is finished, restart the Package Manager and select "configure" choose the 3 Ubuntu repos, your Launchpad repo and uncheck the rest. Restart Package Manager.

Select your Launchpad repo on the title bar.

Enter XBMC in the search box and let it search the Launchpad repo. It will display the list of packages there.

Now you are in normal Puppy territory. Get it to download XBMC and its dependencies.

If you click on XBMC - architecture independend data, it will probably pick up xbmc-bin as a dependency.

The Package Manager will search all of the repos for the dependencies, so there will be duplicates in the list. You need to uncheck the ones you don't want. For example, it will find xbmc-bin on Ubuntu Universe and on launchpad. You need to uncheck the Ubuntu one.

I think that XBMC may require 24bit colour, but Puppy defaults to 16 bit. I'm not sure, but that was the last thing I changed before it started working.

If XBMC does not run from its menu entry, find xbmc.bin and run it from the command line and see what errors you get. Also look for the xbmc logfile.

I have written this from memory, apart from the launchpad paths. And I hope I haven't missed any vital steps.

bbg

#16 Post by bbg »

Hi LateAdopter,
Thank You very much for your replay. After many weeks of finding a solution, I managed to get it working with your help. It took me a whole day, to figure things out, but now XBMC pvr edition is running on my system.
Thanks.

darkstrike

#17 Post by darkstrike »

Ciao folks!

I've not given it a whirl yet, but mom recently upgraded her old desktop to a newer old desktop, haha, so I now have a second (and slightly better than my old one) tinker box to toy around with in Puppy :)

I was thinking of installing XBMC on my 5.2.8 install on the newer tinker box, but wanted to see if anybody thought it would be decent enough...?

I'm not expecting it to run HD 720p or 1080p video or anything, but streaming music and low quality video from Youtube would be nice! I've read that others seem to have had success with XBMC 10 on machines with even less hardware specs than mine for the same purposes, so I thought this one might foot a basic bill for it.

Stats are:
Intel Pentium 4 single-core 1.6ghz CPU, ATi Radeon 9600XT 128mb DDR, 768mbs RAM

Thoughts :?:
[url=http://www.sigx.org/link.php][img]http://www.sigx.org/images/skin/Dark+Win+in+Orange/0/xdarkstrike.png[/img][/url]
[color=brown][b]In memory of the dogs I've loved...Molly and Farrah...[/b][/color]

slipsystem

xbmc precise

#18 Post by slipsystem »

Hey I'm not sure what you mean by open ppa in web browser.

I usualy download packages threw terminal in ubuntu.

Can anyone post a step by step of how to install xbmc in precise with all dependencies?

If I search xbmc it brings up a few packages I can install. But if I am not mistaken don't I need to install python first?

Also I have only just upgraded from lucid 5.2.8 to precise are all the graphics divers installed or do I need to install aditional opl graphics drivers.

Thank you so much in advanced.

LateAdopter

#19 Post by LateAdopter »

Hello slipsystem
Hey I'm not sure what you mean by open ppa in web browser.
The instructions were for someone who wanted a version of XBMC with PVR. This is only in development versions which can be installed from various Personal Package Archives (PPA) on launchpad.net. The PVR versions are not in any of the ubuntu.com repositories.

Each PPA on launchpad has its own webpage.

If you just want the standard Eden version 11, then you can install it from a ubuntu repo using the Puppy Package Manager (PPM).

Note: I haven't tried this since beta 6 of Precise Puppy.
If I search xbmc it brings up a few packages I can install. But if I am not mistaken don't I need to install python first?
The PPM will check dependencies and offer to fetch and install them. This includes Python, if it is not already installed. It is in the devx sfs, and if this is loaded, it will use it from there and won't install it permanently.

When the PPM checks for dependencies it gives you a list of what it has found. You need to check this because it may contain duplicates or things you don't want e.g. some large font packages.

There are two basic components: XBMC architecture independent data, and XBMC-BIN. If you choose the first one in the PPM it will identify the second as a dependency, so you don't need to specify it separately.
are all the graphics divers installed or do I need to install aditional opl graphics drivers.
I think that the Eden 11 version of XBMC will "work" with whatever drivers Precise Puppy has chosen for your GPU. Just very slowly with some.

The optimum solution depends on what graphics chipset you have and whether you want to try one of the experimental versions with GPU acceleration.

Note: I don't use XBMC so I would not offer advice about that. You would need to research the XBMC forum.

slipsystem

#20 Post by slipsystem »

Hey thanks for the speedy reply.

I installed xbmc and it looked like it installed all the dependencies as a terminal window kept popping up and downloading some things.

I havent had a chance to test is because I changed my display settings and for some reason it keeps using vesa drivers...

I will do a fresh install tomorrow as I am at work.

can I launch xbmc from the menu entry?

if not how do you Launch it?

thanks again