Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 21 Oct 2014, 11:41
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Saluki
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 159 of 250 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, ..., 248, 249, 250 Next
mikeslr

PostPosted: Sat 07 Apr 2012, 11:19    Post_subject: Almost gtk-youtube-viewer : Will test sfs-load 1.4 & 1.9  

Hi jemimah:

Gtk-youtube-view now opens, but reports the error shown in attached when something is entered in the search box. I opened a terminal and typed the instructed initiation phrase (ignoring the unnecessary 'sudo') and everything seemed to go fine. But typing a word into gtk-youtube-viewer's search box still reports the attached even after a reboot.

I'll test shinobar's sfs-load 1.4 and 1.9 and report back.

mikesLr
cpan_config.jpg
 Description   cpan not configured
 Filesize   14.96 KB
 Viewed   288 Time(s)

cpan_config.jpg

jemimah

PostPosted: Sat 07 Apr 2012, 11:31    Post_subject: Re: Saluki 018- Bags  

upsnix wrote:
Dear Jemimah, I am sorry for my English, in Saluki 018 there is a serious problem, at start PPM and attempt to download update package lists from all 4 repozitories under condition of absence of a network (frisbee it is switched off) PPM dies for ever.
Besides having local resources in network DC ++ at the limited external traffic, I cannot download anything at other users in a network, using for example EiscaltDCPP-GTK 2.2.1 writes-is not present Users for downloading, search though in other distribution kits all is normal does not work. EiscaltDCPP-GTK last releases are not started, lay out in if it is possible in REPO working EiscaltDCPP-GTK. It will be very useful.
Best Regards

I can't get EiscaltDCPP-GTK to compile. No idea what's wrong with it.
jemimah

PostPosted: Sat 07 Apr 2012, 11:45    Post_subject: Re: Youtube viewer & sfs-load problems  

Geoffrey wrote:
mikeslr wrote:
Sfs-load appears to hang when trying to unload some sfses. "Wait" remains on the screen for minutes. Closing that dialog box does no stop sfs-loader, as it still shows up as active in lxtaskmanager; though using 0 ram. If killed via lxtaskmanager it can not be restarted (that is rerun). Restarting X also isn't effective. Shutting down is effective, but the shut-down process takes forever:

I am experiencing this also, everything I've tried to unload doesn't, then there is no way other than rebooting to be able to run the sfs unload again,
but that fails to work, I have to use the power button, as it won't reboot, it hangs Confused

This is worse than I thought - unloading is causing a kernel oops. Was this happening in the last release? I didn't change anything kernel related.
magerlab

PostPosted: Sat 07 Apr 2012, 12:01    Post_subject:  

I still have a request for implementing global menu for xfce4 panel. It's a mac osx -like menu in panel

here's what it looks like
http://gtk-apps.org/content/show.php/OMG+!+XFCE+Global+Menu+%5BOneiric+Only%5D?content=146102
of course, it's just for fun only:)

don570

PostPosted: Sat 07 Apr 2012, 12:09    Post_subject: rename-files - special version for Saluki  

rename-files - special version for Saluki

A utility to do various manipulations of file names in a folder

I tried my best to convert rename-files to Saluki,
But I'm not sure of how to get a right -click recognized just for
folders.

It shows up in the menu for all files and folders Embarassed

but it might still be of use. There is a warning message if you try to
use it on a folder.
EDIT: a file not a folder!!!!

___________________________________________________---
rename-files-saluki-1.8.pet
Description  Rename the files in a folder - Saluki version
pet

Download 
Filename  rename-files-saluki-1.8.pet 
Filesize  7.68 KB 
Downloaded  113 Time(s) 
rename-files-NLS-1.6.pet
Description  German and Spanish localization
pet

Download 
Filename  rename-files-NLS-1.6.pet 
Filesize  3.11 KB 
Downloaded  97 Time(s) 

Edited_times_total
mavrothal

PostPosted: Sat 07 Apr 2012, 12:44    Post_subject: Re: PPM dependencies and base  

jemimah wrote:
mavrothal wrote:
Here is a little (double) issue.
Installed midori 0.4.4 over the base. At the end of the lib check, SDL is reported as missing.
SDL is a dependency for gst-plugings-bad-0.10.22. Looking at the pet.specs It is unclear which package is is pulling gst-plugings-bad. So whichever it is, does not include gst-plugings-bad as a dependency, though it is...

Anyway. PPM offers to find SDL and it does. But for that it opens a new instance of PPM. If you close this new instance at the end of the process the previous one remains open but now is just an empty shell without any functionality.
Maybe the depinstallfunction of check_deps.sh should check and use for open pkg_chooser.sh instances instead of opening a new one?

Ok, That would probably work.

This little patch works fine at my end
Code:
--- a/usr/local/petget/check_deps.sh   2012-04-05 22:56:23.000000000 +0000
+++ b/usr/local/petget/check_deps.sh   2012-04-07 16:37:38.139999962 +0000
@@ -75,7 +75,7 @@
 depinstallfunc(){

touch /tmp/suppress-depcheck
-   /usr/local/petget/pkg_chooser.sh&
+   [ "`pidof pkg_chooser.sh`" = "" ] && usr/local/petget/pkg_chooser.sh&
    sleep 2
    PKGS=`echo $MISSINGDEPS_PATTERNS | sed 's/|/ /g'`
    for i in $PKGS ; do

scabz

PostPosted: Sat 07 Apr 2012, 12:45    Post_subject: Re: Youtube viewer & sfs-load problems  

jemimah wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:
mikeslr wrote:
Sfs-load appears to hang when trying to unload some sfses. "Wait" remains on the screen for minutes. Closing that dialog box does no stop sfs-loader, as it still shows up as active in lxtaskmanager; though using 0 ram. If killed via lxtaskmanager it can not be restarted (that is rerun). Restarting X also isn't effective. Shutting down is effective, but the shut-down process takes forever:

I am experiencing this also, everything I've tried to unload doesn't, then there is no way other than rebooting to be able to run the sfs unload again,
but that fails to work, I have to use the power button, as it won't reboot, it hangs Confused

This is worse than I thought - unloading is causing a kernel oops. Was this happening in the last release? I didn't change anything kernel related.

This happens to me on 013 haven't tested Saluki prior to 013 and am still using 013. I am about to try 018.
jemimah

PostPosted: Sat 07 Apr 2012, 13:24    Post_subject: Re: Youtube viewer & sfs-load problems  

jemimah wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:
mikeslr wrote:

Rolling back to this kernel fixes it:

http://smokey01.com/pemasu/Saluki/kernel-3.2.8-preemptive-hid-dj/

EDIT: Maybe not - worked the first time, but it's not working again now. Sad

Edited_time_total
aarf

PostPosted: Sat 07 Apr 2012, 13:32    Post_subject:  

xnoise isnt making any noise at all. custom mp4. sound slider at maximum

ASUS EeePC Flare series 1025C 4x Intel Atom N2800 @ 1.86GHz RAM 2063MB 800x600p ATA 320G
_-¤-_

<º))))><.¸¸.•´¯`•.#.•´¯`•.¸¸. ><((((º>
jemimah

PostPosted: Sat 07 Apr 2012, 13:57    Post_subject:  

magerlab wrote:
I still have a request for implementing global menu for xfce4 panel. It's a mac osx -like menu in panel

here's what it looks like
http://gtk-apps.org/content/show.php/OMG+!+XFCE+Global+Menu+%5BOneiric+Only%5D?content=146102
of course, it's just for fun only:)

I have uploaded it to the repo. I thought this would only work with Ubuntu, but it seems more or less ok.
magerlab

PostPosted: Sat 07 Apr 2012, 14:55    Post_subject:  

Thank you! Unfortunately, it works only partially. I have only window buttons in panel. Global-menu doesn't work and there's a message that plugin crushed
pemasu

PostPosted: Sat 07 Apr 2012, 14:55    Post_subject:  

Here is aufs3-util-saluki. It is compiled in Saluki-016, using devx sfs for it and I used kernel sources 3.2.13-pae when I compiled it.
Aufs3-util has been created from up to date commit.

How can I test the sfs_load hanging. Which sfs application for example can be used to test the bug. Sorry...I havent followed so keenly the thread.
aufs3-util-saluki-0.0.1.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  aufs3-util-saluki-0.0.1.pet 
Filesize  51.02 KB 
Downloaded  102 Time(s) 
mavrothal

PostPosted: Sat 07 Apr 2012, 15:26    Post_subject: Re: Youtube viewer & sfs-load problems  

jemimah wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:
mikeslr wrote:

I do not thing is the kernel. I had the hang with an (olpc) 2.6.35 kernel that has been rock solid in my system, with many puppies and SFS_load versions

jemimah

PostPosted: Sat 07 Apr 2012, 15:29    Post_subject:  

This patched version seems to solve the kernel panics for me. You guys see if you can crash it.
sfs_load-1.3-saluki.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  sfs_load-1.3-saluki.pet 
Filesize  40.2 KB 
Downloaded  120 Time(s) 
pemasu

PostPosted: Sat 07 Apr 2012, 15:53    Post_subject:  

Before applying the fixed sfs_load...google-chrome.sfs did crash in the second round and caused kernel crash also.
With the fixed sfs_load ( I have mine compiled latest aufs3-util installed also) I couldnt crash it with 8 load-unload cycle. I will continue the whole night.

I report on the morning...lol.
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 159 of 250 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, ..., 248, 249, 250 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum