Saluki

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
jemimah

#2361 Post by jemimah »

You need to install the perl-5.10.1 package. The depchecker isn't going to work right with perl until I remove it from the devx.

Geoffrey

Re: Desktop Image List?

#2362 Post by Geoffrey »

mikeslr wrote: I have not provided the "List." I would guess its purpose is to automatically change the background either randomly or sequentially. Something else?
Has such option actually been implemented?
Yes, install "xfwpcnm-1.0" from the package manager, this reads the list in question and gives a timed random wallpaper change, also places a configuration icon in the system tray.

Geoffrey

Re: Youtube viewer & sfs-load problems

#2363 Post by Geoffrey »

mikeslr wrote:Sfs-load appears to hang when trying to unload some sfses. "Wait" remains on the screen for minutes. Closing that dialog box does no stop sfs-loader, as it still shows up as active in lxtaskmanager; though using 0 ram. If killed via lxtaskmanager it can not be restarted (that is rerun). Restarting X also isn't effective. Shutting down is effective, but the shut-down process takes forever:
I am experiencing this also, everything I've tried to unload doesn't, then there is no way other than rebooting to be able to run the sfs unload again,
but that fails to work, I have to use the power button, as it won't reboot, it hangs :?

sszindian

Upgrade

#2364 Post by sszindian »

Upgrade from 017 to 018:

All went nice with each installed program, desktop remained intact and even pwidgets was OK, app icons in tray remained intact.

One upgrade error... eth0 did not reconfigure nor could I get it to connect... all indicators said that it was in fact working but... no actual connect. WiFi (with pemasu's patch took the upgrade and wlan0 works perfect.) Reconfigured eth0 several times... shutdowns, reboots, restarted modem etc., ... no connect? That is the only actual error on the complete upgrade! :cry:

My Confg:

Boot Saluki from CD and have savefiles on HDD.

>>>---Indian------>
Cloud Computing For Every Puppy (a .pet)
[url]http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69192[/url]

mavrothal

PPM dependencies and base

#2365 Post by mavrothal »

Here is a little (double) issue.
Installed midori 0.4.4 over the base. At the end of the lib check, SDL is reported as missing.
SDL is a dependency for gst-plugings-bad-0.10.22. Looking at the pet.specs It is unclear which package is is pulling gst-plugings-bad. So whichever it is, does not include gst-plugings-bad as a dependency, though it is...

Anyway. PPM offers to find SDL and it does. But for that it opens a new instance of PPM. If you close this new instance at the end of the process the previous one remains open but now is just an empty shell without any functionality.
Maybe the depinstallfunction of check_deps.sh should check and use for open pkg_chooser.sh instances instead of opening a new one?
== [url=http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]Here is how to solve your[/url] [url=https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html]Linux problems fast[/url] ==

morgonzola

#2366 Post by morgonzola »

Hi there great puplet i'm loving it!

can i ask about the future of rover? I think it could be a lot more functional tool then it is right now.
for example would it be difficult to make it automatically select the first entry on the list when you type in it, similar to how something like launchy works?
I would attempt do it myself (i know it is just a simple bash script) but i have like 0 coding knowledge

upsnix

Saluki 018- Bags

#2367 Post by upsnix »

Dear Jemimah, I am sorry for my English, in Saluki 018 there is a serious problem, at start PPM and attempt to download update package lists from all 4 repozitories under condition of absence of a network (frisbee it is switched off) PPM dies for ever.
Besides having local resources in network DC ++ at the limited external traffic, I cannot download anything at other users in a network, using for example EiscaltDCPP-GTK 2.2.1 writes-is not present Users for downloading, search though in other distribution kits all is normal does not work. EiscaltDCPP-GTK last releases are not started, lay out in if it is possible in REPO working EiscaltDCPP-GTK. It will be very useful.
Best Regards

jemimah

#2368 Post by jemimah »

Geoffrey wrote:
mikeslr wrote:Sfs-load appears to hang when trying to unload some sfses. "Wait" remains on the screen for minutes. Closing that dialog box does no stop sfs-loader, as it still shows up as active in lxtaskmanager; though using 0 ram. If killed via lxtaskmanager it can not be restarted (that is rerun). Restarting X also isn't effective. Shutting down is effective, but the shut-down process takes forever:
I am experiencing this also, everything I've tried to unload doesn't, then there is no way other than rebooting to be able to run the sfs unload again,
but that fails to work, I have to use the power button, as it won't reboot, it hangs :?
Would you guys mind testing shinobar's latest releases, sfs-load 1.4 and 1.9? I'm sure shinobar would appreciate feedback.

jemimah

Re: PPM dependencies and base

#2369 Post by jemimah »

mavrothal wrote:Here is a little (double) issue.
Installed midori 0.4.4 over the base. At the end of the lib check, SDL is reported as missing.
SDL is a dependency for gst-plugings-bad-0.10.22. Looking at the pet.specs It is unclear which package is is pulling gst-plugings-bad. So whichever it is, does not include gst-plugings-bad as a dependency, though it is...

Anyway. PPM offers to find SDL and it does. But for that it opens a new instance of PPM. If you close this new instance at the end of the process the previous one remains open but now is just an empty shell without any functionality.
Maybe the depinstallfunction of check_deps.sh should check and use for open pkg_chooser.sh instances instead of opening a new one?
Ok, That would probably work.

jemimah

#2370 Post by jemimah »

morgonzola wrote:Hi there great puplet i'm loving it!

can i ask about the future of rover? I think it could be a lot more functional tool then it is right now.
for example would it be difficult to make it automatically select the first entry on the list when you type in it, similar to how something like launchy works?
I would attempt do it myself (i know it is just a simple bash script) but i have like 0 coding knowledge
I'm not much of a gtk programmer - I've taken rover about as far as I can.

But it looks like the application chooser in xfce 4.10 may be a suitable replacement.

mikeslr

Almost gtk-youtube-viewer : Will test sfs-load 1.4 & 1.9

#2371 Post by mikeslr »

Hi jemimah:

Gtk-youtube-view now opens, but reports the error shown in attached when something is entered in the search box. I opened a terminal and typed the instructed initiation phrase (ignoring the unnecessary 'sudo') and everything seemed to go fine. But typing a word into gtk-youtube-viewer's search box still reports the attached even after a reboot.

I'll test shinobar's sfs-load 1.4 and 1.9 and report back.

mikesLr
Attachments
cpan_config.jpg
cpan not configured
(14.96 KiB) Downloaded 317 times

jemimah

Re: Saluki 018- Bags

#2372 Post by jemimah »

upsnix wrote:Dear Jemimah, I am sorry for my English, in Saluki 018 there is a serious problem, at start PPM and attempt to download update package lists from all 4 repozitories under condition of absence of a network (frisbee it is switched off) PPM dies for ever.
Besides having local resources in network DC ++ at the limited external traffic, I cannot download anything at other users in a network, using for example EiscaltDCPP-GTK 2.2.1 writes-is not present Users for downloading, search though in other distribution kits all is normal does not work. EiscaltDCPP-GTK last releases are not started, lay out in if it is possible in REPO working EiscaltDCPP-GTK. It will be very useful.
Best Regards
I can't get EiscaltDCPP-GTK to compile. No idea what's wrong with it.

jemimah

#2373 Post by jemimah »

Geoffrey wrote:
This is worse than I thought - unloading is causing a kernel oops. Was this happening in the last release? I didn't change anything kernel related.

magerlab

#2374 Post by magerlab »

I still have a request for implementing global menu for xfce4 panel. It's a mac osx -like menu in panel

here's what it looks like
http://gtk-apps.org/content/show.php/OM ... ent=146102
of course, it's just for fun only:)

don570

rename-files - special version for Saluki

#2375 Post by don570 »

rename-files - special version for Saluki

A utility to do various manipulations of file names in a folder

I tried my best to convert rename-files to Saluki,
But I'm not sure of how to get a right -click recognized just for
folders.

It shows up in the menu for all files and folders :oops:

but it might still be of use. There is a warning message if you try to
use it on a folder.
EDIT: a file not a folder!!!!

___________________________________________________---
Attachments
rename-files-saluki-1.8.pet
Rename the files in a folder - Saluki version
(7.68 KiB) Downloaded 303 times
rename-files-NLS-1.6.pet
German and Spanish localization
(3.11 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
Last edited by don570 on Sat 21 Apr 2012, 16:53, edited 2 times in total.

mavrothal

Re: PPM dependencies and base

#2376 Post by mavrothal »

jemimah wrote:
mavrothal wrote:Here is a little (double) issue.

Ok, That would probably work.
This little patch works fine at my end

Code: Select all

--- a/usr/local/petget/check_deps.sh	2012-04-05 22:56:23.000000000 +0000
+++ b/usr/local/petget/check_deps.sh	2012-04-07 16:37:38.139999962 +0000
@@ -75,7 +75,7 @@
 depinstallfunc(){

touch /tmp/suppress-depcheck
-	/usr/local/petget/pkg_chooser.sh&
+	[ "`pidof pkg_chooser.sh`" = "" ] && usr/local/petget/pkg_chooser.sh&
 	sleep 2
 	PKGS=`echo $MISSINGDEPS_PATTERNS | sed 's/|/ /g'`
 	for i in $PKGS ; do
== [url=http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]Here is how to solve your[/url] [url=https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html]Linux problems fast[/url] ==

scabz

#2377 Post by scabz »

jemimah wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:
This is worse than I thought - unloading is causing a kernel oops. Was this happening in the last release? I didn't change anything kernel related.
This happens to me on 013 haven't tested Saluki prior to 013 and am still using 013. I am about to try 018.

jemimah

#2378 Post by jemimah »

jemimah wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:
Rolling back to this kernel fixes it:

http://smokey01.com/pemasu/Saluki/kerne ... ve-hid-dj/

EDIT: Maybe not - worked the first time, but it's not working again now. :(
Last edited by jemimah on Sat 07 Apr 2012, 17:55, edited 1 time in total.

aarf

#2379 Post by aarf »

xnoise isnt making any noise at all. custom mp4. sound slider at maximum

jemimah

#2380 Post by jemimah »

magerlab wrote:I still have a request for implementing global menu for xfce4 panel. It's a mac osx -like menu in panel

here's what it looks like
http://gtk-apps.org/content/show.php/OM ... ent=146102
of course, it's just for fun only:)
I have uploaded it to the repo. I thought this would only work with Ubuntu, but it seems more or less ok.